Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That's All I Can Stands, I Can't Stands No More! DON'T LET VINNY OFF THE HOOK!

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here the past two weeks.

People making excuses for Vinny Cerrato......its insane. Look at the overall picture. People want to say "Well, that was a Gibbs signing....." or whatever. But Vinny is a symbol. A symbol of what's wrong with this team. Even if he's getting too much blame, it doesn't matter anymore. They need to do the right thing and remove him from this Organization, 100%.

Just because the past 2 weeks, some players have stepped up, doesn't excuse the fact that a Vinny/Mr. Snyder front office is not good for the Washington Redskins.

Yes, Davis has looked good since Cooley went down. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have taken one or 2 OL earlier in the 2008 NFL Draft. They aren't connected.

Yes Thomas seems to be hitting his stride....same deal as above.

If you support Vinny. Step up.

But for me...the guy is still a loser and needs to go.

My problem is this:

We all know it takes the O time to gel. That time should have been in training camp. We should have had the backups in camp then! Spending weeks 1-5 finding out the O has major problems along the line, Portis is washed up, and our old players may get hurt ruined the season. Spending weeks 5-9 bringing in new guys to replace the backups that were no good and getting them up to speed does not work either. The fact that we are playing good ball in weeks 10-14 does not let the GM and coach off the hook for the first half of the season.

I agree that Vinny should be dismissed on January 4. But, can you actually mention who has stated otherwise?

There seems to be these sweeping statements by some that the board now supports Vinny all of a sudden. I haven't seen that opinion when I've been reading through threads. Where are you seeing this opinion?

That's fair. and I think I am taking overall themes that are ASKING if he should get some credit. Not giving him credit. Or the folks who want to mention a Gibbs signing here and there.

I just want to cut the head off this snake.

so funny man ... i can feel your angst. I get it ... magically Vincenzo has taken the spotlight off of him, everyone is staring at one hand while the other hand is hiding something ... :hysterical:

its the ultimate catch 22. the team tanks and Vin deservedly gets the ax we are happy, but you want the team to do well, but again, that means a greater chance he will stay.

i will be honest, if the skins keep up what they are doing and win at least 2 of the last 3, your boy will stay.

one word for this .... travesty.

Problem is even we miss the playoffs but win out the reason of the season scoring lots of points do you really want to blow things up?

YES. I still think that only right choice is handing the keys over to somebody with experience and success.

They need a real GM/Team President.....and that guy should get to at least shape the front office and coaching staff. Give the owner final sign off on a few choices from the GM. But let the GM put together that list.

That's fair. and I think I am taking overall themes that are ASKING if he should get some credit. Not giving him credit. Or the folks who want to mention a Gibbs signing here and there.

I just want to cut the head off this snake.

I understand. I am (and I believe 95% of the board are) with you. I try to look at Vinny as objectively as possible. He's done a decent job selecting individual players. However, in my humble opinion, he has no business running the football operations of a professional team. Not even close. I don't believe he can determine and institute a long-term plan.

So, I agree with you (and SHF) that we need true football professionals running the franchise before we can expect to compete year in and year out.

We've improved as a team. There's no question about it.

I don't give Vinny the credit for that transition.

Vinny still needs to go.

Exactly. To me, the only thing this past month of football has shown me is that the cupboard isn't completely bare for the new regime. We may have more assets for the next GM/coach than I thought back in September/October.

So winning and improving mean nothing interesting, did Vinny kill your dog or pee in your conflakes?

Winning when it doesn't matter is like kicking FGs in non-clutch moments.

Their season is over. Its great they are playing better. But you don't get a trophy for best late-bloomers. Plus, they were still losing games when they had late leads.

I honestly think Snyder is afraid of getting rid of Vinny.

Then he brings in a new GM who has a TOTALLY different process on how to go about things then what they have been doing, and it would take destroying everything to make it someone elses.

I mean can you imagine on the guys first day of work, when he walks in and looks at all of our contracts? All the loopholes Dan finds, like backloading and nonsense like that. Im not sure it would even be possible to ever do it a different way at this point. Hes going to be like "HOLLLLLYYYY CRAP, ARE YOU GUYS MORONS?". I dont think Dan likes being called a Moron.

I honestly think Snyder is afraid of getting rid of Vinny.

Then he brings in a new GM who has a TOTALLY different process on how to go about things then what they have been doing, and it would take destroying everything to make it someone elses.

I mean can you imagine on the guys first day of work, when he walks in and looks at all of our contracts? All the loopholes Dan finds, like backloading and nonsense like that. Im not sure it would even be possible to ever do it a different way at this point. Hes going to be like "HOLLLLLYYYY CRAP, ARE YOU GUYS MORONS?". I dont think Dan likes being called a Moron.

Wasn't there a PR guy who quit after a day or a week? I imagine it was something like that.

Well, that's why you hire a guy and give him the keys. But you need to check your ego and say "We didn't do this right....and we are willing to now. Please help"

that guy will need 3-4 seasons to clean it up. If its uncapped. Then you can do it in one.

Uh, going from 2-4 before Sherm to 2-5 since Sherm is winning?

Technically? No.

But, you are a smarter man than that SHF. Can you honestly say that we have not looked like a much improved team with the same pieces that "Vinny helped bring in"? Though we lost, the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys games could have (I realize they didn't however) gone either way. In fact, we were in fact winning those games going into the 4th quarter.

Once, Zorn was stripped of/embarrassed from, his play calling, and Sherman Lewis took over, we have been more competitive and in every game with an honest chance of winning. I'm pretty sure that Vinny had a little something to do with bringing the Bingo caller off the street.

I'm no Vinny fan-boy. But, I can call a spade a spade and realize I was wrong on Cerrato.

I'm no Vinny fan-boy. But, I can call a spade a spade and realize I was wrong on Cerrato.

See, check my earlier posts, I can give the man credit for some of his draft picks. In what capacity do you believe you were wrong about Cerrato? Do you believe he can successfully run a professional football team or that he just has more than zero talent in evaluating players for the draft?

Personally, I would be fine with him heading up the scouting department. I just believe he's in WAY over his head when it comes to establishing the organizational direction and philosophy of the Washington Redskins.

Archived