Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cosell's Coaching Tape

bobisimo

So says bubba9497 from extremeskins.com. Lol. How are you not embarrassed by some of the comments you make? Are you and Tr1 the same person? Did you watch the coaching tape of this game? That is the ONLY way you can evaluate a players performance. Cosell makes his living watching football. Id take his word over some guy that posts WP articles on a message board any day of the week.

Cossell is that you?

Why would I be embarrassed pointing out this rube doesn't know what he's talking about? :hysterical:

His comment about Campbell only played well because he didn't get pressured much, as if it's a negative against Campbell proves he does not understand the basic concepts of football.

While many former coaches, players, and scouts have all commended Campbell's play against the Saints, this nimrod goes out of his way to find faults, that aren't there.

He's watched a lot of football! :yikes:

if that's all it takes, then I'm a freaking Football Genius!! :thumbsup:

if anyone should be embarrassed it's you. Attacking and trying to insult me because I don't agree with your opinion....... :nono:

seriously, if you don't agree,.... fine, debate why you think he's great, provided evidence backing him up... use logic and facts to support your opinion. Just because he bashes JC, doesn't make him right.

It's funny on here. If a fan says they saw something on a replay or during the live telecast, he gets labeled as a dummy and gets the old "do you have access to the coaching tape?? No? Then shut up." routine.

Now you have a guy that has access to the coaching tape, who works at NFL Films, telling you what he saw and he gets the same old song and dance used on him.

There must be alot of sugar in that Campbell kool-aid.

Pretty funny this guy's assesment is the Redskins offense wasn't that hot. Yeah they went toe to toe with the best offense in the league, but it must have been a miracle, because this guy sums up the two biggest stars of that game, Devin Thomas and Jason Campbell as putting in subpar performances.

I wonder what he thinks of the players that actually had medicore numbers that game.

Pretty funny this guy's assesment is the Redskins offense wasn't that hot. Yeah they went toe to toe with the best offense in the league, but it must have been a miracle, because this guy sums up the two biggest stars of that game, Devin Thomas and Jason Campbell as putting in subpar performances.

I wonder what he thinks of the players that actually had medicore numbers that game.

seems like hes saying the saints defense was butchering coverage all day which masked how poorly campbell was actually playing. dont see how thats so out of left field, considering how campbell usually plays and that the saints were missing numerous backfield starters.

if campbell was this good, dont you think we'd see this more often? good QBs dont have one great game a season and the rest are mediocre to very poor.

Why would I be embarrassed pointing out this rube doesn't know what he's talking about?

http://www.fantasyguru.com/StaffBlog/greg-cosell/

Greg and the show’s talent, Ron Jaworski and Merril Hoge, study and evaluate what is called “coaching tape.” It shows all 22 players on the field on every play; it is the same tape used by coaches and players in the NFL to game plan each and every week. It’s the only football show on television that goes through this process.

Uh oh..there's your man Jaws with direct input.

So go ahead, discredit him too while you're at it.

We know you want to....

Like his Uncle Howard, Cosell is a BS artist. People who really understand the game are rarely certain about very much. Cosell's comments, particularly those about Campbell, are mostly criticisms of intangibles, things that can't be seen by watching game film.

When a man expresses too much certainty about the intangibles, he's almost certainly a BS artist.

Cossell is that you?

Why would I be embarrassed pointing out this rube doesn't know what he's talking about? :hysterical:

His comment about Campbell only played well because he didn't get pressured much, as if it's a negative against Campbell proves he does not understand the basic concepts of football.

While many former coaches, players, and scouts have all commended Campbell's play against the Saints, this nimrod goes out of his way to find faults, that aren't there.

He's watched a lot of football! :yikes:

if that's all it takes, then I'm a freaking Football Genius!! :thumbsup:

if anyone should be embarrassed it's you. Attacking and trying to insult me because I don't agree with your opinion....... :nono:

seriously, if you don't agree,.... fine, debate why you think he's great, provided evidence backing him up... use logic and facts to support your opinion. Just because he bashes JC, doesn't make him right.

I got nothing against you Bubba, just highlighting you to make a point, that you all, critize people who ACTUALLY WORK in the football business, and get to see film that we never will see. But at the same time yous all know what QB will be good in the upcoming draft, and who has great mechanics, and footwork, and throwing motion, and what those players have to improve on, as if you guys are the scout team.

seems like hes saying the saints defense was butchering coverage all day which masked how poorly campbell was actually playing.

See, this is where I think that BS comes into play.

Is it really a biased argument, every single time, when you say, "Oh, well, it wasn't Campbell who played well; it was the defense who played poorly!" or "No, the defense is amazing, it's just the Lions' offense that was really good."

It always takes two to tango, and to take away credit based on the other team is ridiculous.

Campbell and Thomas played extraordinarily well. Unfortunately, as BLC has pointed out, it is extraordinary because it's not the norm.

Thomas, though, let's see him keep this up!!!

See, this is where I think that BS comes into play.

Is it really a biased argument, every single time, when you say, "Oh, well, it wasn't Campbell who played well; it was the defense who played poorly!" or "No, the defense is amazing, it's just the Lions' offense that was really good."

It always takes two to tango, and to take away credit based on the other team is ridiculous.

Campbell and Thomas played extraordinarily well. Unfortunately, as BLC has pointed out, it is extraordinary because it's not the norm.

Thomas, though, let's see him keep this up!!!

i think thomas has improved a good deal, and its been a steady progression (although slow, but thats fine). his KO returns are improving, he seems to be very good after the catch, and he has a motor that reminds me of anquan boldin, he just doesnt seem to go down on first contact at all. next year i expect some sort of legit "breakout".

and youre right, theres always two sides, did campbell play awesome or did the saints play terribly. but looking at the 12 game history of this season so far, you had a mediocre QB coming into a game against a defense that has been a turnover machine missing some key players.

so if youd like to believe the saints were at the top of their game and campbell just had his way with them and dismantled everything they did, you can make an argument for that.

if youd like to believe that the saints struggled mightly because of missing personnel and a mediocre QB was able to take advantage of that, theres an argument there as well.

all im saying is, history says this was a massive fluke, for both sides. saints defense arguably had their worst game, and campbell clearly had the best game of his career.

i think thomas has improved a good deal, and its been a steady progression (although slow, but thats fine). his KO returns are improving, he seems to be very good after the catch, and he has a motor that reminds me of anquan boldin, he just doesnt seem to go down on first contact at all. next year i expect some sort of legit "breakout".

and youre right, theres always two sides, did campbell play awesome or did the saints play terribly. but looking at the 12 game history of this season so far, you had a mediocre QB coming into a game against a defense that has been a turnover machine missing some key players.

so if youd like to believe the saints were at the top of their game and campbell just had his way with them and dismantled everything they did, you can make an argument for that.

if youd like to believe that the saints struggled mightly because of missing personnel and a mediocre QB was able to take advantage of that, theres an argument there as well.

all im saying is, history says this was a massive fluke, for both sides. saints defense arguably had their worst game, and campbell clearly had the best game of his career.

The Saints didn't look dominant against the Rams, either.

And we really can't say that any team is suffering because of missing personnel more than we are. Our offensive line is on IR. Our three Pro Bowlers, all offensive players, were out. Sorry, but that's more than half of the offense versus just a couple of corners (not that our corners weren't out, either).

I agree about Thomas, too.

The Saints didn't look dominant against the Rams, either.

And we really can't say that any team is suffering because of missing personnel more than we are. Our offensive line is on IR. Our three Pro Bowlers, all offensive players, were out. Sorry, but that's more than half of the offense versus just a couple of corners (not that our corners weren't out, either).

I agree about Thomas, too.

problem is our offense was actually worse when our pro bowlers were on the field. lol, not every day a team loses 3 cornerstones and the team improves when they disappear.

Despite his impressive numbers, Campbell did not really look that impressive on film; He’s not really a comfortable QB with a refined sense of reading and timing

Man, could you imagine the kind of day Campbell would have had if he WAS an impressive QB last weekend?? lol...We're talking 580 yards and 7 TDs!! And against a Gregg "Genius" Williams' defense!

Man, could you imagine the kind of day Campbell would have had if he WAS an impressive QB last weekend?? lol...We're talking 580 yards and 7 TDs!! And against a Gregg "Genius" Williams' defense!

Yeah, I don't understand what he has to do to be impressive.

No quarterback plays well without protection. No quarterback gets those numbers from his ass. It's like he's faulting Campbell for playing well.

We have a horrible record when Campbell starts.

I don't see how people can debate facts.

Our record is 1-22 when the game is being played at high tide over the last 5 years. That must be the problem with this team...

When the wind is blowing southwest our record is 12-4...we must play better in southwest winds.

"Facts" without proper analysis are meaningless.

(not that I necessarily completly dissagree with you)

Archived