Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny HC, who's the DC???

Renegade7

You should be banned for spewing unprovoked trash like this. Grow up *****.

THE KKK TRUCK has just pulled UP

21 asked you dont want Gray is because of his race?

Now you want me banned ,,,,I will banned myself.....I didnt know that the Klan controlled ES

:chair:

New name Goneforlyfe

Racist Message Board;):mad:

I can't stand Jerry Gray, nor the support of him. I know we have the #5 ranked pass defense and I personally have no idea how. Fundamentally, we have one of the worst secondaries in the league.

How many times over the past few weeks has an opposing WR been left wide open with absolutely no one around him because of a blown coverage? Brandon Marshall (twice), Desean Jackson, Marques Colston, Robert Meachum. I watch a lot of football, and do you know how many times I've seen completely blown coverage like that displayed by another team? Almost never. Maybe once this season. The Skins? We do it practically every game.

Why can't Landry do a standard form tackle? Are you telling me he's 100% uncoachable? Gray should have brought this up and fixed it by now. Instead, every single game we all see Landry go for a big hit, whiff, and give up a big play. That, or again completely blowing a coverage. While we're on the topic, why can't Hall tackle either? Why do our DBs line up half a mile off the WR, as if they are afraid of catching swine flu?

Stuff like this irks me to no end. That's bad coaching.

Now you want me banned ,,,,I will banned myself.....I didnt know that the Klan controlled ES

New name Goneforlyfe

Holy ****.

Bye, bye.

I'm just sitting here in shock now.

I can't even believe some of the stuff being posted, lmao!

];7098567']It isn't 1997 anymore. The NFL is a passing league. Gone are the days of smashmouth football.

Don't believe me? The Colts' date=' Patriots, and Eagles have been the best NFL teams after November for years now. All of them are pass first.[/b']

Yup, add in the Vikings & Saints this year to that list. APete isn't getting as many carries because Favre is throwing the ball all over the field. Front 7's are becoming bigger & faster so running is harder but it's easier to throw these days if you have the right QB. The Dolphins are the exception to this right now.

I can't stand Jerry Gray, nor the support of him. I know we have the #5 ranked pass defense and I personally have no idea how. Fundamentally, we have one of the worst secondaries in the league.

How many times over the past few weeks has an opposing WR been left wide open with absolutely no one around him because of a blown coverage? Brandon Marshall (twice), Desean Jackson, Marques Colston, Robert Meachum. I watch a lot of football, and do you know how many times I've seen completely blown coverage like that displayed by another team? Almost never. Maybe once this season. The Skins? We do it practically every game.

Why can't Landry do a standard form tackle? Are you telling me he's 100% uncoachable? Gray should have brought this up and fixed it by now. Instead, every single game we all see Landry go for a big hit, whiff, and give up a big play. That, or again completely blowing a coverage. While we're on the topic, why can't Hall tackle either? Why do our DBs line up half a mile off the WR, as if they are afraid of catching swine flu?

I can respect Y.O

I am out peace

Marvin Lewis has Proven he can Win...

He is 46-50-1 all time jim zorn 11-17 so he is only 2 1/2 games ahead of zorn in the gap between wins and losses. Still a losing record

He is 0-1 in the post season

He only has 1 winning season the rest are 500 or worse

He has the Number One Ranked Secondary in the NF:silly:..That's like the Redskins saying they don't want CJ as a Rb ,because they dont think he will be able the gain any yards...smh

Question if race has nothing to do with it,then WTF dont you want him to be the DC or a HC?

You said it's not about race....But you can't even explain why you dont want him here....Why wouldnt I belive his Skin has nothing to do with that?

I just told you, but you must have really bad reading comprehension. There's nothing I can do to help you with that, I'm sorry. Please get the **** out of my thread, man. Your not contributing anything to this discussion at all.

Good points. And I agree completely.

I'd add that the secondary is constantly getting us killed at the end of games lately.

But you left out the part about Gray being black.

:evilg:

JK!

New name Goneforlyfe

You can't really be this dumb. This is either a troll or a hacked account.

He is 46-50-1 all time jim zorn 11-17 so he is only 2 1/2 games ahead of zorn in the gap between wins and losses. Still a losing record

He is 0-1 in the post season

He only has 1 winning season the rest are 500 or worse

Yeah, but if you grade him on a curve and factor in that he's in Cinci, he's like .688% :o

It's a debate...I bring up good points..I just want to know why you dont want him. Give me your answer, its done....Why would the MODS banned me for debating? Not calling anyone racist? just asking a Question

the same Question is asked about JC all the time on ES "I think all the hate towards JC has to due to his Race"

It america as long as there White people in the US, Race will always be a topic

Why do you think it Obama being President was so BIG? Because He was just another WHITE President?

Because he was Black..thats why

The only reason i can see someone wanting Zorn before they would want to even considered Gray as a DC, has to do with race

If it's not,Prove it with your argument

Dont hide behind a wall,just beacuse I asked a Question!

GIVE ME A REASON WHY AND ITS DONE

THough considering the fact, All THE MODS ARE WHITE

they might send me on a Vacation for life( some new rule)....like i said Its America:chair:

I'll give you a reason...or how bout two?

1. His corners consistently play off the WRs 15+ yards and it gets predictable!

2. He can't teach Landry how to NOT bite on a double move. Simple stuff here.

Thanks for playing!

The guy I'm interested in is Kirk Olivadotti.

He's a guy I'm rooting for and would love to have a scenario where the new HC (if there is one) gives Kirk the keys and he turns out to be this great defensive coordinator.

I keep saying that this guy must have something for respected defensive minds like Ray Rhodes, Marty and Kurt Schottenheimer, Marvin Lewis, and Gregg Williams all to keep him on their staff in in Williams' case promote him.

My only fear with Olivadotti is that he still might not be ready and we have a George Edwards situation where a young up and coming coach is given the coordinator job way too early and then crashes and burns.

The guy I'm interested in is Kirk Olivadotti.

He's a guy I'm rooting for and would love to have a scenario where the new HC (if there is one) gives Kirk the keys and he turns out to be this great defensive coordinator.

I keep saying that this guy must have something for respected defensive minds like Ray Rhodes, Marty and Kurt Schottenheimer, Marvin Lewis, and Gregg Williams all to keep him on their staff in in Williams' case promote him.

My only fear with Olivadotti is that he still might not be ready and we have a George Edwards situation where a young up and coming coach is given the coordinator job way too early and then crashes and burns.

:point2sky:

Now your on to something scruffy..

You can say that a million times at the top of your lungs, but if people don't wanna hear it, they won't hear it.

Thanks, i'm a football junkie.

Any insight on the difference between Kevin Coyle and Jeff FitzGerald? You probably know more about them then the rest of us, but I noticed they both run the 4-3 up there in Cincy?

No insight other then Coyle coaches DBs and Fitzgerald coaches LBs and their defenses would likely be strongest in the area of their knowledge.

Coyle and Jay Hayes have been coaching in a sound 4-3 scheme under Marvin Lewis for a few years and this year they're learning from Mike Zimmer.

(I thougt that Fitzgerald had been there awhile but he's only been there for 1 year so he's off my list)

I'm following the logic that good coaching in a good system produces good coaches. (Fitzgerald coached LBs under Rex Ryab

Who found the piece saying Shanny wanted to bring in a 3-4 or else he wasn't coming? Is there a legit article that says that? If that's true, I don't even want Shanny here. Don't have the personell for it, risking a total rebuild of our entire team. We don't need THAT much of an overhaul, not with a top 10 defense.

I've never heard anything about that other then what was posted and in this thread and without some link i always assume its not true.

I wouldn't neccesiarily rule out a 3-4 coach.

Imo if a guy can coach you let them coach they'll figure out the personnel issues. On the whole i agree we don't have all the personnel but i would be interested in Keith Butler and John Mitchell from the Dick Lebeau tree.

Correct me if i'm wrong but you're saying that you don't think Gray is a good coach because

o Rogers blew 2 coverages

o Landry blew 1 1/2 coverages and occasionally misses some tackles

o You don't like off coverage

o You give very little weight the secondary's overall ranking?

So you're blaming the coach for a few player mistakes.

Its kinda difficult to debate with your post because its all over the place.

I watch quite a bit of football and i see blown coverages every weekend.

But you are exxagerating our blown coverages; other then the ones you've mentioned what other's have their been?

Landry had a couple bad games especially the tackling in the Atlanta and coverage in the Saints game.

But every DB gets beat even Ed Reed and every secondary blows coverages and misses tackles if perfection is the criteria then no coach will make you happy.

Shanny got fired in Denver largely because he wouldn't fire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator. When he went on his preseason tour of training camps, Slowick was with him. From a Mort chat earlier this year:

Chris, I know you have Mike Shanahan as the odds on coach of the Cowboys next year but I've read that he's committed to Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator. How could that ever work in Dallas as their defense personnel fits a 3-4 and Slowik is a 4-3 coach from the Dave Wanstadt/Jimmy Johnson tree??

Chris Mortensen

(11:39 AM)

Love the question and here's what I love about Shanahan. Him and Slowik have spent a lot of time studying tape and visiting with teams that run the 3-4.

or also an article on NFL.com by Vic Carucci:

Shanahan, for instance, already has his defensive coordinator lined up. Bob Slowik, who ran Shanahan's defense in Denver and is prepared to install a 3-4 scheme wherever he and Shanahan land.

Looks pretty clear who that hire will be.

Shanny got fired in Denver largely because he wouldn't fire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator. When he went on his preseason tour of training camps, Slowick was with him. From a Mort chat earlier this year:

or also an article on NFL.com by Vic Carucci:

Looks pretty clear who that hire will be.

Well, I guess that settles that. :)

Not cool with 3-4, may not be able to support Shanny in DC if this is true.

Well, I guess that settles that. :)

Not cool with 3-4, may not be able to support Shanny in DC if this is true.

If Shanny is hired and if he still wants to bring Slowick with him.

It doesn't mean will run the 3-4, quite the opposite the quote that paintrain provided said this:

Slowik is a 4-3 coach from the Dave Wanstadt/Jimmy Johnson

So there would be no reason to think he would come here and change to 3-4 when we already run a 4-3.

Archived