Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny HC, who's the DC???

Renegade7

Didnt Blache say he has one more year on his contract? I thought I remembered him mentioning that when he addressed the media standing up for snyder.

If that is the case wouldnt he be here another year unless Snyder decided to get rid of him?

If a new coach gets hired, he should have the authority to can him if he wants to.

That Super Bowl was in 1987 - the game has evolved.

In addition Shanhan was not the coach for Denver in that game, it was Dan Reeves plus the Hogs while dominating that game did so against Denvers defense not their offensive line.

I was all ready to blast him about this, until I had the thought that Shannahan coached under Reeves and realized that he was offensive coordinator at the time of that superbowl.

That said, he won two superbowls as head coach later on.

(and one with the 49ers as offensive coordinator)

So I don't really think it's fair to put a big black mark against him because of that game.

And yeah the Denver defense was a large part of the problem during that superbowl.

I hear a lot of people on hear saying they want Jerry Gray to be HC. Eh, I don't even know if I want him to be DC. Me, if you're going to bring in a new HC after just two years, he needs to pick all his own guys. Curious if anyone has the 411 on potential defensive cordinators for 2010. You know, HCs that might get fired, DCs with expiring contracts, or position coaches who are at the point of moving up.

Or, if it makes you feel safe, should Jerry Gray be promoted to DC since Blache is likely retiring?

Ya, so who's the next DC if Shanahan is the HC? I have no idea...

You dont want Gray because of his race....as a DC for Buff, he was ranked 2nd in the NFL.... as the SECONDARY COACH Gray HAS THE #1 Ranked unit in the NFL

Now, besides Gray's Skin color why dont you want him to become a Hc or a DC? But ,you would prefer to have a LOSING,Never called a play,coached a player in a live game,timid man for a Coach.... Zorn does have that Magic Color though

The Same skin that gets you a job without having a good resume

Jim Zorn=GED

the job he applied for requires a 4 year degree, how did he even get an interview? or the Job=WHITE SKIN

Zorn is 3-9 and probably will lose again to the Raiders....Gray has been Ranked #1 OR #2 ON ANYTHING HE HAS had coached,but you wouldn't even want him as a DC?:doh:

dont give me that typical white answer either "why does it have to be about race?" or my personal fav "Not The Race Card":laugh:

naive:hysterical:

You dont want Gray because of his race....Dc he was ranked 2and in the NFL....SECONDARY COACH>>>>HE HAS THE #1 Ranked unit in the NFL

Now, besides Gray's Skin color why dont you want him to become a Hc or a DC? But ,you would prefer to have a LOSING,Never called a play,coached a player in a live game,timid man for a Coach.... Zorn does have that Magic Color though

Jim Zorn=GED

the job he applied for requires a 4 year degree, how did he even get an interview? or the Job=WHITE SKIN

Zorn is 3-9 and probably will lose again to the Raiders....Gray has been Ranked #1 OR #2 ON ANYTHING HE HAS had coached,but you wouldn't even want him as a DC?:doh:

dont give me that typical white answer either "why does it have to be about race?" or my personal fav "Not The Race Card":laugh:

This is the kind of post I CAN'T STAND!!!! Maybe I missed something but he didn't bring race into it you did and it doesn't need to be here!

You dont want Gray because of his race....as a DC for Buff, he was ranked 2nd in the NFL.... as the SECONDARY COACH Gray HAS THE #1 Ranked unit in the NFL

Jim Zorn=GED

Wow, talk about racism. A very sad post.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that people don't want Gray because of his race...that's just moronic.

I haven't seen anyone use race as a reason for not wanting him here.

This is the kind of post I CAN'T STAND!!!! Maybe I missed something but he didn't bring race into it you did and it doesn't need to be here!

ding ding

there is the typical answer i was looking for:laugh:

you can bring up race without metioning it! it's 2009,not 1868

Just pointing out the Double standards on here...

White Coach no exp,Never was a OC,DC,nothing a QB coach?WTF He is ok with having him as a HC:doh:

Black DB coach...(Number one ranked in the NFL)

Was a DC for Buff( had the number 2 ranked D in the NFl)

Says all the right things to the Media(another New Task he is shinning at)

But you wont even consider him becoming a HC or DC by default?WTF

Name a Blk Coach that can go 5-16 and still keep his job? MS might get fired from the 49ers this season!

Chirs Rock said it Best "If it's not White" It aint Right":evilg:

Hypocrisy:silly:

ding ding

there is the typical answer i was looking for:laugh:

you can bring up race without metioning it! it's 2009,not 1868

Just pointing out the Double standards on here...

White Coach no exp,Never was a OC,DC,nothing a QB coach?WTF He is ok with having him as a HC:doh:

Black DB coach...(Number one ranked in the NFL)

Was a DC for Buff( had the number 2 ranked D in the NFl)

Says all the right things to the Media(another New Task he is shinning at)

But you wont even consider him becoming a HC or DC by default?WTF

Name a Blk Coach that can go 5-16 and still keep his job? MS might get fired from the 49ers this season!

Chirs Rock said it Best "If it's not White" It aint Right":evilg:

Hypocrisy:silly:

Ok instigator.

You have NO idea what my race is and I don't know yours but it doesn't/shouldn't matter. You should not be allowed to post that crap here and if I was a mod would be given the boot.

Wow, talk about racism. A very sad post.

And I have no idea where you got the idea that people don't want Gray because of his race...that's just moronic.

I haven't seen anyone use race as a reason for not wanting him here.

Dont give me that "Race CARD" Garbage:doh:

Explain Y.O. to me on why you dont want Gray do even be our DC?

why dont you want him?..you say it's not about Race?

Then what is it? He says the Right things....As a DC his Unit Ranked #2 in the NFl why don't you even want him as a DC?

As the scondary Coach he has the #1 unit

Give me a Reason why you think Zorn is a Major Upgrade over Gray?:doh:

Experience? WTF

Winning record of 5-16 considering he will lose the next game:mad:

Dont give the "Race CARD" Garbage:doh:

Explain to me then,why you dont want him...you say it aint about Race?

Then what is it....He says the Right things....As A DC his Unit Ranked #2 in the NFl why don't you even want him as a DC?

Experience? WTF

Also I have said repeatedly I thought they should have dumped Zorn and made JG the interim to see what would happen. I love Papa Blache too but he doesn't want the starting gig. I also said that without race entering into it in any shape or form.

Dont give the "Race CARD" Garbage:doh:

Explain to me then,why you dont want him...you say it aint about Race?

Then what is it....He says the Right things....As A DC his Unit Ranked #2 in the NFl why don't you even want him as a DC?

Experience? WTF

Talk about stupid assumptions.

I haven't been a fan of Zorn since he's looked clueless since our slide last year.

I would probably pick Gray over him.

I don't know if I'd want Gray as head coach or not, but race doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

I don't care much for the coverage schemes they're running, but I'm not sure how much he has to do with that.

In any case I think we can probably do better than Gray, since his unit has been the one to lose a lot of the games lately.

Ok instigator.

You have NO idea what my race is and I don't know yours but it doesn't/shouldn't matter. You should not be allowed to post that crap here and if I was a mod would be given the boot.

It's a debate...I bring up good points..I just want to know why you dont want him. Give me your answer, its done....Why would the MODS banned me for debating? Not calling anyone racist? just asking a Question

the same Question is asked about JC all the time on ES "I think all the hate towards JC has to due to his Race"

It america as long as there White people in the US, Race will always be a topic

Why do you think it Obama being President was so BIG? Because He was just another WHITE President?

Because he was Black..thats why

The only reason i can see someone wanting Zorn before they would want to even considered Gray as a DC, has to do with race

If it's not,Prove it with your argument

Dont hide behind a wall,just beacuse I asked a Question!

GIVE ME A REASON WHY AND ITS DONE

THough considering the fact, All THE MODS ARE WHITE

they might send me on a Vacation for life( some new rule)....like i said Its America:chair:

Jim Zorn=GED

I cannot believe you just posted that. I'm Black and Italian, so believe me when I say race has absoultely nothing to do with my gut feelings on this topic. My advice to you, step away from the keyboard and re-evaluate yourself, man. I'm embarrased that you call yourself a redskins fan or even bother posting here. There is no place here for that ****.

The secondary has regressed and is undisciplined, so I personally do not want the secondary coach as head coach of our entire football team. That's simple f'n logic, man, skin color has nothing to do with it.

It's a debate...I bring up good points..I just want to know why you dont want him. Give me your answer, its done....Why would the MODS banned me for debating? Not calling anyone racist? just asking a Question

the same Question is asked about JC all the time on ES "I think all the hate towards JC has to due to his Race"

It america as long as there White people in the US, Race will always be a topic

Why do you think it Obama being President was so BIG? Because He was just another WHITE President?

Because he was Black..thats why

The only reason i can see someone wanting Zorn before they would want to even considered Gray as a DC, has to do with race

If it's not,Prove it with your argument

Dont hide behind a wall,just beacuse I asked a Question!

GIVE ME A REASON WHY AND ITS DONE

BUT CONSIDERING All THE MODS ARE WHITE

they might send me on a Vacation....like i said Its America:chair:

Quoting another comedian "you can't fix stupid"

How about marvin lewis 4-11-1 last year

Marvin Lewis has Proven he can Win...What was Cincy Before Lewis? answer the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL...

What is Marvin Team doing this year? What did Zorn do with the Playoff team he recevied? What is Zorn's team doing this Year?

If Marvin Lewis had a team that made the Playoffs the year before he got there..start off 6-2 then finish 8-8,now is 3-9.....Marvin would be fired

I am still wating for the First Black QB coach,with no other experience,to get 3 years as the HC with the same team...when that happens I will have Maxed out my Race Card:chair:

Good day

Jim Zorn=GED

You should be banned for spewing unprovoked trash like this. Grow up *****.

I cannot believe you just posted that. I'm Black and Italian, so believe me when I say race has absoultely nothing to do with my gut feelings on this topic. My advice to you, step away from the keyboard and re-evaluate yourself, man. I'm embarrased that you call yourself a redskins fan or even bother posting here. There is no place here for that ****.

The secondary has regressed and is undisciplined, so I personally do not want the secondary coach as head coach of our entire football team. That's simple f'n logic, man, skin color has nothing to do with it.

He has the Number One Ranked Secondary in the NF:silly:..That's like the Redskins saying they don't want CJ as a Rb ,because they dont think he will be able the gain any yards...smh

Question if race has nothing to do with it,then WTF dont you want him to be the DC or a HC?

You said it's not about race....But you can't even explain why you dont want him here....Why wouldnt I belive his Skin has nothing to do with that?

Personally i would be happy with Coach Gray.

I think he is far more creative then Greg Blache:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d80b21cf1/WK-4-Playbook-Jerry-Gray-at-the-Board

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d80b4f186/WK-4-Anatomy-Extra-Washington-Clever-Scheme-2

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d80b4f1a9/WK-4-Anatomy-Skins-trick-Romo sits to pee-into-INT

I really think Gray knows the game; the secondary was the strength of this team even when there was no pass rush last year and i think he's the reason our pass defense is ranked where it is now.

I also give him credit for the drafting well in the secondary.

Coach Gray has been a DC before and he was a HC candidate last year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other coaches that i would look for are:

Lovie Smith (if he gets fired),

Dick Jauron,

Raheem Morris (if he gets fired),

Rod Marinelli

Outside of the box choices:

I've always liked Marvin Lewis defenses and he has been putting together a good 4-3 defense with the Bengals i would look for someone from his staff that knows his system:

Coyle_Kevin.jpg

Kevin Coyle

Defensive Backs; born January 14, 1956, Staten Island, N.Y. Defensive back Massachusetts 1975-77. No pro playing experience. College coach: Cincinnati 1978-79, Arkansas 1980, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy 1981, Holy Cross 1982-1990, Syracuse 1991-93, Maryland 1994-96, Fresno State 1997-2000. Pro coach: Joined Bengals in 2001.

FitzGerald_Jeff.jpg

Jeff FitzGerald

Linebackers; born April 18, 1960, Burbank, Calif. Linebacker Oregon State 1980. No pro playing experience. College coach: Cincinnati 1985-86, Alabama 1987-89, San Diego State 1994-97. Pro coach: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1990-93, Washington Redskins 1998-99, Arizona Cardinals 2000-2003, Ravens 2004-2007, joined Bengals in 2008.

Hayes_Jay.jpg

Jay Hayes

Defensive Line; born March 3, 1960, South Fayette, Pa. Defensive end Idaho 1978-1981. Pro defensive end/linebacker Michigan Panthers (USFL) 1984, Memphis Showboats (USFL) 1985. College coach: Notre Dame 1988-1991, California 1992-94, Wisconsin 1995-98. Pro coach: Pittsburgh Steelers 1999-2001, Minnesota Vikings 2002, joined Bengals in 2003.

Even further outside the box from a different scheme (3-4) but learned under the guidance from Dick LeBeau:

Butler_Keith.jpg

Keith Butler

Linebackers; born May 16, 1956, Anniston, Ala. Linebacker Memphis 1974-77. Pro linebacker Seattle Seahawks 1978-1987. College coach: Memphis 1990-97, Arkansas State 1998. Pro coach: Cleveland Browns 1999-2002, joined Steelers in 2003.

Mitchell_John.jpg

John Mitchell

Asst. Head Coach/Defensive Line; born October 14, 1951, Mobile, Ala. Defensive end Eastern Arizona J.C. 1969-1970, Alabama 1971-72. No pro playing experience. College coach: Alabama 1973-76, Arkansas 1977-1982, Temple 1986, Louisiana State 1987-1990. Pro coach: Birmingham Stallions (USFL) 1983-85, Cleveland Browns 1991-93, joined Steelers in 1994.

That's a very high quality post, and exactly what I was looking for. Props. :notworthy

I'm still trying to get the videos you posted to load, and I understand your opinion that Gray is more creative then Blache is. Any insight on the difference between Kevin Coyle and Jeff FitzGerald? You probably know more about them then the rest of us, but I noticed they both run the 4-3 up there in Cincy?

Who found the piece saying Shanny wanted to bring in a 3-4 or else he wasn't coming? Is there a legit article that says that? If that's true, I don't even want Shanny here. Don't have the personell for it, risking a total rebuild of our entire team. We don't need THAT much of an overhaul, not with a top 10 defense.

Archived