Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE CLINTON PORTIS ON INJURED RESERVE

TK

Why do you people think he is going any where? He is on IR because what is the point in putting milage on him at this point in the season? Betts and cartright looked like a fresh look but there yardage is no higher. I would love a fresh CP behind a retooled Oline. Maybe this season will humble him some. Who knows?

I'm not sure why people "believe" he has one or more good years left in him. NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING, in football history suggests for anyone to TRULY believe that he has much left TO WARRANT such a huge payout. All the elite RBs have just fallen out of the highlight after an astonishing season.

From what I believe we can get out of Portis, I firmly believe WHICH seems to be more and more evident from watching Ladell, Rock, Ganther, and Mason, that we can get the same production if not more from one of the other backs on the roster.

Guys, the dead money coming off of our cap space after this year is enough to cut Portis and take the money owed to him without losing a step.

Brandon Lloyd alone is making like 5 mil off of us this year.

God I hate that guy.

Is this in the scenario where we don't have an uncapped year next year?

Why would we do that with no offensive line to create holes for said RB?

I think we are better working on the O line. That's how successful teams are built.

You don't waste a first round pick or big money for an OL. Use the latter rounds and FA's to rebuild the line. Good RB's are hard to find and we need one, since the beginning of this year.

I wish CP the best, thanks for playing with heart when you felt like playing, as BLC said, he checked out two months ago and would have played at half speed if for some reason they didn't put him on IR. The entire team is better off without him.

And I agree with the poster that mentioned him not practicing has caused a negative practice environment for the entire team. Good luck with not practicing with your next team CP.

I'm not sure why people "believe" he has one or more good years left in him. NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING, in football history suggests for anyone to TRULY believe that he has much left TO WARRANT such a huge payout. All the elite RBs have just fallen out of the highlight after an astonishing season.

I don't think there has been a single RB in history who has gotten back "on track" once the injury train starts down the tracks.

28 years old and his career may be over? Man, that sucks. And of course, ES'ers are bashing him while he's down. He's the best RB this team ever had.

WHATEVER, Ive NEVER liked him or wanted him here. "Best ever" youre joking right? Theres more then stats to say that. Id rather have T.Allen and his 20 tds, or Byner, or Riggo JUST off the top of my head :doh::doh:

You don't waste a first round pick or big money for an OL. Use the latter rounds and FA's to rebuild the line. Good RB's are hard to find and we need one, since the beginning of this year.

I think you've got that backwards. Good LT's are hard to find. Good RBs can be had in the 4th round. Look at the Saints Pierre Thomas was an undrafted FA and is doing really well for them. You don't really see that many undrafted O-Linemen doing well.

Yeah, Im sure the Phins regret getting Long. ACTUALLY rbs are a dime /dozen. Teams usually have one OR TWO now a day so they drop in the draft (middle to late 1st rd/early second). Maybe you should watch the draft, your mindframe is BACKWARDS.

This was long overdue. He had injuries before the season even started. The concussion was the latest and most severe.

I'm also hearing of retiring talk from CP. If this is true, then this will clear the path for Shanahan.

:helmet:

I'm hearing the same things and they all point to CP not being a Redskin anymore. The way Lavar put it on his show "The Org has moved on!"

Without looking at CP's stats, didn't he have an enormous amount of carries thus far in his career? He also isn't one to skip out of bounds like Emmitt. He is more like one of my fav's, Larry Brown. He'll run over ya.

DID you mean JIM BROWN? cause if you did your smokin crack!!! He was a MAN among BOYS

So are we satisfied with our current RB lineup or do we look for one. There's some talented OL out there on some PSs. A.Q. Shipley some people were high on, same with Trevor Canfield. Devin Moore is on Seattle PS, nice speed RB from Wyoming since we still really dont have much speed on the team.

Terry Allen after 2 reconstructions......Dont you remember??????

Terry Allen was clearly the exception to the rule and had two nice years with us. Portis has been on a steady downward slide the last year or so. Even before he was injured, Allen was still producing in Minny.

I'm hearing the same things and they all point to CP not being a Redskin anymore. The way Lavar put it on his show "The Org has moved on!"

"Lavar" should not be quoted. I couldn't trust his sources anymore then my sources.

I see them keeping CP for another year based on salary keep ramifications alone, imo. Skins did this to themselves. You just shouldn't make RBs the face of your franchise (or any player for that matter but that's another thread). Get a few good years and move on.. aka Eagles this year and years ago w/ the buckhalter situation

I think you've got that backwards. Good LT's are hard to find. Good RBs can be had in the 4th round. Look at the Saints Pierre Thomas was an undrafted FA and is doing really well for them. You don't really see that many undrafted O-Linemen doing well.

I agree to disagree. I'd rather go after a RB like Tennessee, Minnesota, and San Diego did in the first round. Then he could grow with the new line. There have been a lot of busts in the first round regarding OT's.

Clinton Portis never tried to come back from this injury. He doesn't play in preseason and doesn't practice... why the hell would he come back to a 3 win team? Maybe he'll watch the rest of the games from Danny's box... it would make sense for him to sit with his enablers.

"Lavar" should not be quoted. I couldn't trust his sources anymore then my sources.

I see them keeping CP for another year based on salary keep ramifications alone, imo. Skins did this to themselves. You just shouldn't make RBs the face of your franchise (or any player for that matter but that's another thread). Get a few good years and move on.. aka Eagles this year and years ago w/ the buckhalter situation

And you are?????? I know who lavar is and I would listen to his opinion before yours. You don't like him fine just postin what I'm hearing if it's true good, if not I won't lose any sleep over it.

Archived