Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE CLINTON PORTIS ON INJURED RESERVE

TK

HAHA check out this laugher...

"and he is also due roster and workout bonuses totaling about $507,000."

He has gotten this bonus almost every year, yet somehow every year after this bonus he just looks fatter and more out of shape than the year before.

I absolutely agree. It is obvious the team got better without him. In my opinion it isn't because the OL started to gel. It is because Portis is gone.

Since 2005 in games when he has played a half or more:

The Redskins with CP, 32-29 and 3 playoff games.(52.46%)

Without CP, Redskins are 3-11 no playoff games. (21.43%)

CP without JC as his QB, 17-10 3 playoff games (62.96%)

CP with JC as his QB, 15-20 no playoff games (42.86%)

JC without CP as his RB, 3-9. (25.0%)

You don't waste a first round pick or big money for an OL. Use the latter rounds and FA's to rebuild the line. Good RB's are hard to find and we need one, since the beginning of this year.

Absolute, 100% fail.

Lines first. Everything else later.

Average rbs can look great behind a good line. Rock, Ganther.

Great rbs can look like crap behind a bad one.

I see them keeping CP for another year based on salary keep ramifications alone, imo. Skins did this to themselves. You just shouldn't make RBs the face of your franchise (or any player for that matter but that's another thread). Get a few good years and move on.. aka Eagles this year and years ago w/ the buckhalter situation

The thing is, if we have an uncapped year there is no cap ramification by cutting him. We actually save several million by cutting him.

It's sad to remember how much I used to like watching him play. For a few years, he was one of my favorite players. But when running backs fall off they fall off quick. This first part of this year was just frustrating. He can't be oblivious to the fact that it is time for both parties to move on. I wish him best of luck, but it is for the best and at least a little overdue. :/

Happiest person anywhere right now is Riggins.

QFT.

You don't waste a first round pick or big money for an OL. Use the latter rounds and FA's to rebuild the line. Good RB's are hard to find and we need one, since the beginning of this year.

Vinny is that you? What was that definition of insanity again?

Archived