Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS PLACE CLINTON PORTIS ON INJURED RESERVE

TK

On the chance that he does return next year, do we know if he will require surgery to fix the bone spurs in his ankles or is that just a heavy rehab injury?

I'm not sure but if there is any doubt then he should have the surgery done and come back at 100% for next season.

The same Best that sustained an equally ugly concussion? NO THANKS. Blount in the 2nd rd would be better.

Blount in the 5th would be MUCH better;):D

THIS IS GREAT NEWS. Did he break the Redskin career yardage mark, I havent paid attention? If not, AWESOME. Now we can dump/trade him and leave it intact. Dude is WASHED up and a pain in the butt w/ his bringin the lockeroom stuff to the media. I always thought this guy is a blunt smoking CLOWN.

From Twitter World::

Rich_Campbell Portis: "Docs fear if I take another hit like that, it could get worse."

Rich_Campbell Portis: "Nobody ever wants to finish on injury." ...he was putting his career in perspective. Interesting.

Rich_Campbell Portis: "I think there’s going to be change. If I’m a part of that change, will I be sad and devastated? I won’t."

dcsportsbog CP: "I had fun doing it. I gave everything I had....If I get to continue and I'm not in DC, I'm gonna go and give it all I've got there."

Interesting...

Clinton Portis has become a symbol/icon to me of this awful decade of crap teams that can't score points.

He left, and we are doing much better.

I really don't want to see him on this team again.

I'm convinced his no practicing bigger than you attitude was trickling down to other players in the franchise. he was not a role model and leader to the younger guys the way he should be. Displaying work ethic and leadership.

nope.. he jsut didn't go to practice.. or training camp.. said whatever he wanted..

good ridiance.

I think we better make a play on Ingram or Spiller in the draft. No running game means zero wins. I wouldn't mind CP coming back but I want a young set of legs in the backfield.

Why would we do that with no offensive line to create holes for said RB?

I think we are better working on the O line. That's how successful teams are built.

I think we better make a play on Ingram or Spiller in the draft. No running game means zero wins. I wouldn't mind CP coming back but I want a young set of legs in the backfield.

Ingram isnt eligible from what Im told here, Spiller is a talent 4 sure but would rather have Toby, I mean Diesel II. Or Blount, he looks the part of S.Jackson, is a great talent, will far for the punch and other rbs impressing, and has 1 LESS year of wear/tear on his legs.

I think I'm the only one who thinks that Portis has AT LEAST one and maybe two more good years in him. I think it's good move. Let his body completely heal and be ready to perform next season.

Check if ole boy has cataracts or something dude just runs all into the back of his linemen lol

From Twitter World::

Rich_Campbell Portis: "Docs fear if I take another hit like that, it could get worse."

Rich_Campbell Portis: "Nobody ever wants to finish on injury." ...he was putting his career in perspective. Interesting.

Rich_Campbell Portis: "I think there’s going to be change. If I’m a part of that change, will I be sad and devastated? I won’t."

dcsportsbog CP: "I had fun doing it. I gave everything I had....If I get to continue and I'm not in DC, I'm gonna go and give it all I've got there."

Interesting...

Very interesting!

Clinton Portis has become a symbol/icon to me of this awful decade of crap teams that can't score points.

I'm convinced his no practicing bigger than you attitude was trickling down to other players in the franchise. he was not a role model and leader to the younger guys the way he should be. Displaying work ethic and leadership.

nope.. he jsut didn't go to practice.. or training camp.. said whatever he wanted..

good ridiance.

A lot feel the same way.

I hope he gets healthy. I just never want to see him here again.

I think I'm the only one who thinks that Portis has AT LEAST one and maybe two more good years in him. I think it's good move. Let his body completely heal and be ready to perform next season.
I believe the same way, but what's the point if the Vinny refuses to improve the OLine in the offseason? Everyone saw it coming last year - except Vinny. Maybe Clinton isn't the best running back in the league, but man would I love to see Portis with a stellar OLine in front of him. But Vinny doesn't draft OL in the first or second rounds.

I'm afraid that, after the New Orleans game, Snyder and Vinny will just blow it all up. But I would love to see the team that lost Sunday show up next year with a couple of new offensive linemen.

good ridiance.

I absolutely agree. It is obvious the team got better without him. In my opinion it isn't because the OL started to gel. It is because Portis is gone.

Archived