Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Ndamukong Suh just too irresistable?

Brotherz

I heard the same thing about Calvin Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Branden Albert, Amobi okoye, Jason Smith/Michael Oher, etc. etc.

And although some of them are great picks...none are "the type of player that only comes around every 20 years or so."

People say that about certain players in every draft but none of them turn out to be the next this or that player. And the ones that turn out to be really good are the ones that didn't have that hype (Adrian Peterson with his "injures," etc.

Man, SO true! Why do we keep buying into the hype again and again even though we KNOW they were wrong last time?

Its a no brainer to take him if available, which i dont see him getting past #2. Just the fact that a DT is a finalist for a heisman is almost as good as a win for him.

Plus his name means "House of Spears" that is draft worthy in itself!

House of Spears! Wow! We need to do anything in our power to get him here.. trade up, combo trade to trade up, offer a private jet whatever the lions, bucs, rams or whoever want. Danny we need the #1 pick! We need this titan! We should even go back to the old helmets with the spear on it! Muwahahaha!

some of you are forgetting that a rookie OL is just as risky as a rookie QB. all of you guys that wanna draft 4 rookie lineman and have them start, thats beyond stupid.
The common reasoning here seems to be that the Skins just draft another Samuels and Jansen and then they are off to the SB. Like these guys grow on trees.

You know people, there is a very real possibility that there are no O-Lineman in the draft as good as the ones the Skins have right now. That is why drafting for need is a dangerous game.

The common reasoning here seems to be that the Skins just draft another Samuels and Jansen and then they are off to the SB. Like these guys grow on trees.

You know people, there is a very real possibility that there are no O-Lineman in the draft as good as the ones the Skins have right now. That is why drafting for need is a dangerous game.

the draft is scary in general, its pretty much pick your poison. do you:

pick the best available talent even if hes at a position that youre stacked at in hopes that he works out?

pick the best avaiable talent that you need and hope he works out?

busting on BPA is much worse IMO than busting on a player of need. imagine if we drafted Suh and he was a bust? we'd be horribly sunk and the need for offense would be even greater. that would be devastating. at least taking a QB or OL is something we need, and if it busts, oh well.

The name I really like is Arthur Jones from Syracuse. He'll be a stud of a 1 tech and he's a team leader. In short, he's the perfect replacement for Cornelius Griffin.

Where is he projected to land in the upcoming draft?

Could we pick him up in the later rounds?

R you crazy. This guy maybe the 1st pick off the board if he has a good combine. All he needs to do is press 225, 35 times, and run a 4.8 40, and it's a wrap.

Haha. That's a lot easier said than done. He won't put up either of those numbers at the combine but that doesn't make him any less of a prospect.

the draft is scary in general, its pretty much pick your poison. do you:

pick the best available talent even if hes at a position that youre stacked at in hopes that he works out?

I am high on Suh as a player, but not necessarily as a Redskin. I still don't think they should pass on him.

Also, very quietly, I think the true need has presented itself. RB. I'd say that the reality of Portis never playing for the Skins again is very possible.

Haha. That's a lot easier said than done. He won't put up either of those numbers at the combine but that doesn't make him any less of a prospect.

Suh looks like a future all pro

he's a better prospect that Dorsey, Raji, sedrick ellis and okoye and they all got picked up in the top 10.

dude is a beast. but bottom line, our d-line is the least of our problems. if he is still on the board at our pick, we should trade down cause someone out there will want him BAD, and we can get legit value for it

Are you kidding?

Ac is a average DE 30+ years old

Haynesworth is 28

CGriff is 30+

three years from now,the draft wont have a SHU in it:chair:

Draft Shu if we get a chance..no brainer:doh:

House of Spears! Wow! We need to do anything in our power to get him here.. trade up, combo trade to trade up, offer a private jet whatever the lions, bucs, rams or whoever want. Danny we need the #1 pick! We need this titan! We should even go back to the old helmets with the spear on it! Muwahahaha!

Trade up for a DT? With this team?

I don't know what people expect here, our secondary is not good enough, and we don't get enough defensive TDs to be a low-scoring defensive team like the old Ravens/Steelers. Our offense isn't good enough at holding onto the ball, or extending TOP to allow our D to win this way. The way this team is we need a defense good enough to win games with a good offense of ours winning them. We have that defense right now. We need a good offense much more than we need a slightly better defense.

And I certainly don't trust management to properly build the team so that we'd be a franchise type with Suh/Big Al there for 5+ years. If we keep drafting superfluous DTs, WRs, TEs, Suh will languish here as we continue to lose due to our offense.

Acquire some OTs somehow elsewhere, or draft Suh and devote the rest of the draft to O-line and maybe a QB prospect, and it changes. But with this team I half-expect our draft to go (if Suh was available) by round:

1--DT

2--WR

4--S

5--K

7--DE

And similar moves in FA/trades. More head-scratching, more trying to spin off-season acquisitions in a positive light even when they don't make much sense.

I guess I just don't trust our front office enough at filling needs through non-draft to warrant picking BPA instead of need, particularly at the moment on the defensive side of the ball. If we had competent management, great--BPA all the way, because other needs will be addressed. But we don't have competent management.

It would be great if the Skins could pick him, he is as close to can't miss as possible. Nickname already easily there, King Kong. The Skins could have the all nickname DLine. Rak, Big Al, King Kong, Would have to come up one for Carter but 3 out of four ain't bad.

Archived