Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Ndamukong Suh just too irresistable?

Brotherz

I want a QB most of all. Clausen is my pick. But if for some reason Suh makes it to #5 its a no brainer. The dude is as good as they get period. You dont pass up the best talent in the draft to reach for a position of need.

Second, I dont think id mind if we took Berry. He is compared to Ed Reed and you cant tell me you wouldn't take Ed Reed if he was sitting in your lap. I really think we will be picking #5. And at 5 you have to go BPA. Reaching for someone at 5 can ruin the entire draft. You take the best talent available and put them on the field and find a way to play them.

nope, not kidding at all. AC is well above average. RAK will get more time at DE. Jarmon will continue to come along. Big Al will be effective for a couple years. Our d-line is lightyears ahead of our o-line.

why continue to use top picks on defense when our offense is clearly what's holding this team back.

The only OL worth a Top 10, maybe even Top 15 pick is Russell Okung. If he's gone, who do you suggest we get?

Locker has the size and strength, Bradford has the accuracy and credentials, and Clausen has the most professional resume a draft pick could imagine.

With a Top 5 pick, you can't afford to mess up. There is way too much talent this high to pass up on. One of the QBs might be interesting, but I also like Berry. He's going to get the ball in his hands, and he's a huge threat when he does have the ball.

Having him allows us to put Landry at SS, which regardless of his playing history, he's best suited for. He's extremely aggressive, and loves to follow through with his hits. The NFL will flag him all day for this hits he likes to deliver on WRs, but they won't say a thing if he plays rough with RBs. Almost anything goes in the backfield.

I'm not saying we should or we shouldn't. We just better make our first pick count immediately. No more projects.

Second, I dont think id mind if we took Berry. He is compared to Ed Reed and you cant tell me you wouldn't take Ed Reed if he was sitting in your lap. I really think we will be picking #5. And at 5 you have to go BPA. Reaching for someone at 5 can ruin the entire draft. You take the best talent available and put them on the field and find a way to play them.

Ed Reed has been so stout for so long.Imagine if we had a player like him Certainly, he's aggressive in coverage which makes him bite sometimes, but unlike Landry, his aggressiveness pays off in turnovers, and he does make you pay every time you let him.

We drafted Orakpo last year because he was a pure pass rusher who was rare. He has paid off for us big time. Our defense needed two things- a pass rush, and turnovers.

Orakpo provided that for us last year. Perhaps this year we address the turnover aspect.

this is insane, some of you are so deluded by vinny that you want us to draft defense.

hell, why dont we just ignore the oline and QB for the next 10 years, im sure theyll get it at some point. at least we'll have an awesome defense!

You have to realize that there is a very very good chance that our best offensive options will be gone when we pick.

The Rams, Lions, and Browns are all likely to pick ahead of us. Both the Rams and Browns need someone offensively. Unless the Browns decide to stick with Quinn as their future, I imagine they end up taking a QB. Jimmy Clausen is too prepared for the NFL to be ignored by the high picks. He will go Top 3, regardless of whether or not he deserves it. The league LOVES players who they think can come in and achieve their potential right away, and Clausen is being touted as that guy.

The Rams drafted DL and OL to help build up for this pick. This year they draft their QB. That could be Jake Locker if Clausen goes first overall.

So unless something strange happens, we're probably looking at the 3rd Best QB being available. It is also possible that Okung might be available when we pick, since the QBs figure to go high. Choosing between Sam Bradford, who put up crazy numbers but comes from a spread offense which has produced a number of failures in the NFL, and has injury issues.

this is insane, some of you are so deluded by vinny that you want us to draft defense.

hell, why dont we just ignore the oline and QB for the next 10 years, im sure theyll get it at some point. at least we'll have an awesome defense!

If the BPA happens to be a defensive player what do you suggest we reach for OL?

];7092257']The only OL worth a Top 10' date=' maybe even Top 15 pick is Russell Okung. If he's gone, who do you suggest we get?

Locker has the size and strength, Bradford has the accuracy and credentials, and Clausen has the most professional resume a draft pick could imagine.

With a Top 5 pick, you can't afford to mess up. There is way too much talent this high to pass up on. One of the QBs might be interesting, but I also like Berry. He's going to get the ball in his hands, and he's a huge threat when he does have the ball.

Having him allows us to put Landry at SS, which regardless of his playing history, he's best suited for. He's extremely aggressive, and loves to follow through with his hits. The NFL will flag him all day for this hits he likes to deliver on WRs, but they won't say a thing if he plays rough with RBs. Almost anything goes in the backfield.

I'm not saying we should or we shouldn't. We just better make our first pick count immediately. No more projects.[/quote']

Exactly. Its looking like a big possibility Berry will be there at #5. Cleveland will look either QB or Suh. St Louis will look QB, OT or DT, Detroit needs lots of help and S is far down the list. TB is the biggest threat to take Berry but needs more DT help so I expect them to take McCoy. If Berry is there at 5 its a easy pick.

Even with Landry playing like ass, we certainly could use a QB,OL,DT over safety at this point.

But in real life, it's not like each of those positions has an elite player in the draft. We have a couple of QBs who look like they could be great, but they could also fail miserably. The OL has one player worth a Top 10 pick.

Based on talent alone, Suh and Berry are this year's best. Ideally, there would be the a super hybrid OL who could play every position to HOF standards, but that's not the case.

The talent of Suh or Berry is far superior then that of Okung. Okung is a TOP 15 rated player currently and you want to reach for him at #5? Ill take a top 5 rated player in the top 5 over a top 15 rated player in the top 5 any day of the week regardless of their position. You make room and playing time for that person.

Like I said earlier, if you are picking 5 and you have Ed Reed or a B to B+ rated OT there its a no brainer. If you say you wouldnt pick Reed your a straight up liar.

];7092283']But in real life' date=' it's not like each of those positions has an elite player in the draft. We have a couple of QBs who look like they could be great, but they could also fail miserably. The OL has one player worth a Top 10 pick.

Based on talent alone, Suh and Berry are this year's best. Ideally, there would be the a super hybrid OL who could play every position to HOF standards, but that's not the case.[/quote']

There are at least 3 QB's in this draft that will blow Snyder's skirt up. As long as he owns this team and doesn't give up control to a new GM, they will snag one of them BPA or not. I know it might not make sense but did we forget what team this is. The front office is as worthless as tits on bacon.

I think Suh is a no-brainer. There is no way he falls to us, but he is as sure as it gets. He is going to dominate in the nfl.

If we think Berry is the next Reed and Okung is the next Jason Peters, then it really is a tough call. Reed is the best in the league at what he does, and Peters is at least a better than average LT. If our current FS is playing at a B+ and Berry upgrades it to an A that's not really the same as upgrading our D- LT to a B. I guess the one thing is you assume Berry makes our FS an A and LL moves to SS, upgrading it from a B- to an A or A-. I mean, if we were trying to give grades to everything. Obviously LT has more positional value, but Berry actually improves us at 2 positions. Though, I suppose, you could make the argument that Okung improves us at LT and RT because Levi moves to RT. Ok, I'm done debating myself, I honestly don't know who I would choose if I were on the clock. I think Okung would give us more wins next year but in the long run Berry would give us more.

];7092257']The only OL worth a Top 10' date=' maybe even Top 15 pick is Russell Okung. If he's gone, who do you suggest we get?

I'm not saying we should or we shouldn't. We just better make our first pick count immediately. No more projects.[/quote']

my point was that we don't need to be drafting a d-lineman with a top 5 pick. if one of our needs is on the board, and we have him rated that high, we take him. if Suh is still on the board, it may be smart to trade down because people who do need a DT would be willing to give up a lot for this guy.

i feel as though berry and mays will be starters in the nfl. i like berry a lot more, mostly bc ive watched him play more. but, i dont think it would be wise to draft another safety. a good safety is not the biggest need on this squad.

my point was that we don't need to be drafting a d-lineman with a top 5 pick. if one of our needs is on the board, and we have him rated that high, we take him. if Suh is still on the board, it may be smart to trade down because people who do need a DT would be willing to give up a lot for this guy.
Why not?

Its thinking like this that passed on Adrian Peterson. Now we're down to starting Rock Cartwright and Quinton Ganther. (no offense to those guys)

Above all, do not reach. I agree with the posters here who've been saying we can't just pick an OL because we need it, especially if we end up in the Top 5 which very well could happen. If Suh is there, take him no questions asked. There are other rounds in this draft as well as free agency.

This team will not be transformed into a contender in just one year. It will take at least two drafts to build a real foundation, so I'll repeat, don't reach. This is the long-term approach that we always complain that the Skins don't have. A true long-term strategic approach to success says you don't reach for a lesser player of need over a productive all-Pro projection like Suh.

Why not?

Its thinking like this that passed on Adrian Peterson. Now we're down to starting Rock Cartwright and Quinton Ganther. (no offense to those guys)

i understand your point, but i still dont think Suh is the best option for this team. we keep working on our defense with our draft picks and our free agents, but our defense is not what's keeping us from being competitive. our defense is far from perfect, but our offense is what is killing us.

now if by some chance Suh falls to us (unlikely) and we do take him, i will still be excited to see what he can do playing in the line-up he will have. they will terrorize offenses. HOWEVER, that still leave us to plug more holes with less firepower in later rounds and through free agency

ya know.... i have heard this kids name all the time on espn radio and after seeing this thread.... i decided to check out some youtube highlights.... after watching him in the nebraska oklahoma game...i noticed.....

1. he looks a bit undersized for a pro dt... however he commands double and some times triple teams.....

2. he is pretty quick ..........and after watching a few other highlights.... he has pretty good hands for a big guy.....

3. not especially good against the run.... could be because of the double teams.... but more than once i saw him in control of the double team .... and the runner goes right by seemingly unnoticed....

Please tell me how you plan to draft QB AND OL with our first round pick?

By your argument, if you draft QB, you are ignoring the offensive line and vice versa because you aren't spending the first round pick on it.

There are 7 rounds in the draft, and talent can be had pretty easily in the 1st and 2nd, and most of the time 3rd.

I think Okung would give us more wins next year but in the long run Berry would give us more.

That's basically it. Are we playing to win next year or for many years?

I'm not too high on Berry, but this applies with Suh as well. A pretty good OL being drafted over a dominating DT/FS (if you grade Berry out as a dominating FS, which I do not) would be silly. It reeks of the "one year away" attitude we've always had.

Some people on this board don't understand that we are 2-3 years away from competing. It sucks but it is true. Next year we'll probably be in line to draft the top rated or 2nd rated LT in the draft based on a better record, and then we pull the trigger when need meets talent is much closer than it will be this year.

And note I'm not disagreeing with you, I agreed with your post and was just expanding on it.

He's going to be either the #1 or #2 pick off the board. He won't be around. IF he falls, you grab him in a heartbeat. But it won't matter.

EDIT: I JUST changed my mind. IF he's available, the other option is that there are going to be 10 teams clamoring to get him. That's good trade possibility. I know, you give up on a really good prospect. But what if you can trade back 3-5 spots, pick up another #1 or a couple #2s, or something like that, (get the best deal available) and really get moving on re-building the OL. That could be another option.

IF he was to fall to the 'Skins, it would be awesome, because they would have a lot of options.

He's going to be either the #1 or #2 pick off the board. He won't be around. IF he falls, you grab him in a heartbeat. But it won't matter.

EDIT: I JUST changed my mind. IF he's available, the other option is that there are going to be 10 teams clamoring to get him. That's good trade possibility. I know, you give up on a really good prospect. But what if you can trade back 3-5 spots, pick up another #1 or a couple #2s, or something like that, (get the best deal available) and really get moving on re-building the OL. That could be another option.

IF he was to fall to the 'Skins, it would be awesome, because they would have a lot of options.

Now, if we could get a Herschel Walker-type trade....I'd probably do it.

I mean :

1st rounder 2010 draft

2nd rounder 2010 draft

1st rounder 2011 draft

2nd rounder 2011 draft

3rd rounder 2011 draft

something like that I think would be too hard to pass up. But you just don't see those kinda trades made today, other than Dallas for Roy Williams (LMAO).

I advocate for drafting bpa at position of need. I take Suh if he's there. I can't understand how people can claim DT isn't a position of need. Griffin, Montgomery, and Daniels are all likely gone next season or the season after. Haynesworth is good for missing a

few games a year. That leaves Golston. DT is a need. We saw how thin it got in the last game. Ignoring a position because we have aging yet capable players already in place is how we got in our OL situation now. I'm not advocating to ignore OL again, just to take bpa at position of need and that DT is a need.

Archived