Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clausen just anounces skipping last year of college

LeoDC

I'd take Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, and Pike over Clausen. I don't get the big deal, he wasn't as good as Brady Quinn, who has proven to be nothing special .

While I agree that I'm not a big fan of Clausen, the college performance discrepancy between Quinn and Clausen shouldn't necessarily scare you off. Clausen seems to be more NFL ready at this point than Quinn was and has been working with NFL trainers since a very early age.

College performance has very little bearing on NFL success when you get down to it, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Clausen end up as a better NFL QB than Quinn.

A. I think he is going to be a really really good pro QB.

B. I'm not sure how I can live with my team's starting QB being someone who I want to punch in the face all the time.

And, let's face it, science has proven that people just want to punch Jimmy Clausen in the face.

Also...he really needs to think about this name thing.

"Jimmy" Clausen is the name of a bust.

Jim Clausen can have a decent career.

James Clausen is going to Bro Bowls.

James J. Clausen is a Hall of Famer.

I would LOVE to get Clausen!!I have seen everygame ND game this season and the dude is soo accurate !!grab clausen in the 1st and OL in the 2nd!!

no thanks, i hear the whole accurate thing, but he is not a winner....

he had the ball in his hands to win or tie the game against the following..

usc

mich

navy

pitt

ucon

stanford

and lost ALL yes his D was bad, but he still had a chance to pull the games out and did not

While I agree that I'm not a big fan of Clausen, the college performance discrepancy between Quinn and Clausen shouldn't necessarily scare you off. Clausen seems to be more NFL ready at this point than Quinn was and has been working with NFL trainers since a very early age.

College performance has very little bearing on NFL success when you get down to it, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Clausen end up as a better NFL QB than Quinn.

Very good points. I don't know, I just never feel compfortable with these Notre Dame guys. They're never nearly as good as we hear they are.

usc

mich

navy

pitt

ucon

stanford

and lost ALL yes his D was bad, but he still had a chance to pull the games out and did not

He had NO Oline!!!If we get him we definetly need to draft an o-line with in the 2nd round and sign some good OL in FA.

Clausen could well be this year's Mark Sanchez - a good pro prospect who will likely end up going higher than he should due to a high profile, his school, and (obviously) his position.

who knows what will happen at the combine, etc, but as of right now i think this guy is a steal if a team can somehow trade back into the 10-13 range.

not a top 5 or 6 type guy IMO. a good QB prospect, and as many have stated he is battle tested in terms of media scrutiny, but im not 100% sold on him.

then again, i want an OL. as BLC pointed out, though, there are grading issues with a lot of the top guys there, too. Okung will be long gone i believe by the time we pick. we need to go BPA on OT or QB.

wouldnt mind picking up a top tier speedster RB either, but that is probably round 2 type stuff. put him with Portis (salary cap), Rock, and Ganther and see what happens next year.

B. I'm not sure how I can live with my team's starting QB being someone who I want to punch in the face all the time.

And' date=' let's face it, science has proven that people just want to punch Jimmy Clausen in the face.

James J. Clausen is a Hall of Famer.[/quote']

when i hear jimmy i just think of that seinfeld episode:

"Jimmy's new in town. You're just Jimmy's type."

"GEORGE IS GETTIN UPSET!!"

He had NO Oline!!!If we get him we definetly need to draft an o-line with in the 2nd round and sign some good OL in FA.

but he has that same line blocking for him when he is putting up his numbers in the 1st 2nd and 3rd qts?!?!?! so that line is good enough to help him get it done most of the game but not good enough when the game is on the line?

and this leads to my other point.......

how is the redskins OL?? and if you think the last 3 games would last for a full 16 week season??

NOPE

we need OLINE!!!!

that was almost 30 years ago

So what? People act like ND has never produced a good QB. Simply not true.

They may not have lately, but what does Brady Quinn have to do with Jimmy Clausen, specifically? Yeah, they played for the same college program but thats about it. Clausen, from HS, has always been regarded as a higher pro prospect than Brady Quinn has.

The argument to not draft Jimmy Clausen because Brady Quinn sucks is flat out stupid.

And' date=' let's face it, science has proven that people just want to punch Jimmy Clausen in the face.

James J. Clausen is a Hall of Famer.[/quote']

Here's what I think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWb0HPTB9A&feature=related

usc

mich

navy

pitt

ucon

stanford

USC-Receiver stumbled on the last play and didn't make the grab

Mich-Hit the receiver in the chest on a first down that woulda put the game away

Navy-I'll give ya that one, but they didn't really have a chance to win, they needed a miracle

Pitt-B.S. call gave Pitt the ball back when they had a chance to win

UConn-Armando Allen fumbled after getting the first down (Very Mike Sellers like)

Stanford-Put his team in a position to win, but it's hard to win when you give up 45 points, even when you throw for Five TD's

What is with the "down on" B. Quinn attitude? He has started all of 11 games on a horrible horrible team with ZERO weapons! Quinn will be very good.

Clausen is not NFL ready. He is good, but he also had 2 futire first round WRs to throw to. He holds the ball way too long and takes unecessary sacks... sounds like anyone we know? Pass on Clausen

Archived