Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clausen just anounces skipping last year of college

LeoDC

Whether you agree with it or not, Clausen is seen as the most NFL ready QB in the draft, hands down. He's mastered an NFL offense, he's executed it to precision, he was mentored by a former NFL OC.

Plus, he's from Cali and he played three years at the biggest College Football program in the country. He's already got the whole being away from home thing down. He's mature, he's got the size and measurables, he has the stats, he's going to go in the Top 10.

He's essentially the Anti-Sam Bradford.

];7087435']Whether you agree with it or not' date=' Clausen is seen as the most NFL ready QB in the draft, hands down. He's mastered an NFL offense, he's executed it to precision, he was mentored by a former NFL OC.

Plus, he's from Cali and he played three years at the biggest College Football program in the country. He's already got the whole being away from home thing down. He's mature, he's got the size and measurables, he has the stats, he's going to go in the Top 10.

He's essentially the Anti-Sam Bradford.[/quote']

This is the truth.

This is tough. Personally I want OL over QB but I would be a fool to think that is the way we are actually going to draft.

Being from Indiana and a self admitted ND hater I don't want Clausen.

BUT of all of the QBs coming out he seems to have a lot of things going in his favor.

Ghost mentioned a lot of things but I would add that he has already dealt with adversity. He knows what it is like to play for a team with high expectations. He has dealt with lots of pressure...but still, rooting for an ex-golden domer would be tough :)

Stop the madness. Let's draft o-linemen and give Campbell another year to prove his worth while we concentrate on building a new cohesive line. If Campbell doesn't work out, we can get another QB next year. There is always a QB of the Century coming out of college.

Yipee, really Clausen is not the answer here, the guy has been the definition of unclutch, his entire College career and especially this season (Michigan, USC etc)

He did have the drive against Purdue (on a bad leg no less) to win the game...then again there was that stupid timeout by Hope.

But I agree, he is not the answer. We need an O-Line.

I know I'm viewed as a homer, so my opinion doesn't count, but the 'Skins will be making a grave mistake by using their 1st pick (again) on a QB when they already stole big time, a 6th rounder who can pass the ball better than any of the highly rated prospects in next years draft.

You guys just don't know it, yet:D

I know I'm viewed as a homer, so my opinion doesn't count, but the 'Skins will be making a grave mistake by using their 1st pick (again) on a QB when they already stole big time, a 6th rounder who can pass the ball better than any of the highly rated prospects in next years draft.

You guys just don't know it, yet:D

Honestly I would rather have Brennan, JC, and some UDFA/Late rounder battle it out for the starting job next year while a line is built. Then if one of them pans out great, if not, we draft a QB in 2011.

Archived