Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clausen just anounces skipping last year of college

LeoDC

Not surprising, I knew Bradford and him are coming out since October while people on ES was saying differently. It's a weak QB class, and if you have chance to be 1st rounder, would be stupid to pass up. Everyone saw what happen to Bradford this year.

with the 5th or 6th pick, and two teams in front of us most likely taking a QB (not sure about cleveland) we should have the pick of the litter on QBs. from what ive seen okung will go top 4 so we wont have a shot at him and hes the only real front line LT in the draft at the moment.

hopefully our new GM knows how to pick a QB.

If that's the case, perhaps we should consider trading out of our top 1st rounder to get more picks and draft even more OL.

Even if they aren't "elite", they will be 1st/2nd round talent and will be better than what we have already.

USC-Receiver stumbled on the last play and didn't make the grab

Mich-Hit the receiver in the chest on a first down that woulda put the game away

Navy-I'll give ya that one, but they didn't really have a chance to win, they needed a miracle

Pitt-B.S. call gave Pitt the ball back when they had a chance to win

UConn-Armando Allen fumbled after getting the first down (Very Mike Sellers like)

Stanford-Put his team in a position to win, but it's hard to win when you give up 45 points, even when you throw for Five TD's

usc.... excuse, a game is NEVER won or lost on one play, even if it is the last play of the game. there were other chances for plays in the game

mich..see above

pitt... BS call? i agree that call was bad, but again he had a chance and did not deliever

uconn.... should ND lose to ND at home on sr. day? but again he had a chance to win it and uconn had terrible clock management

standford... does not matter how many pts the d gave up he had the ball in his hands to win the game

the truth is no game is one and lost on the the last play or one play of the game.... he had the ball in his hands and had a chance to win or tie the game and came up short in all those games.....

and USC and Standford are the only teams that had better talent (and standford is debateable)

USC-Receiver stumbled on the last play and didn't make the grab

Mich-Hit the receiver in the chest on a first down that woulda put the game away

Navy-I'll give ya that one, but they didn't really have a chance to win, they needed a miracle

Pitt-B.S. call gave Pitt the ball back when they had a chance to win

UConn-Armando Allen fumbled after getting the first down (Very Mike Sellers like)

Stanford-Put his team in a position to win, but it's hard to win when you give up 45 points, even when you throw for Five TD's

USC and Michigan, If's dont make it a win.

Pitt....a bad call at the end doesnt make up for all the other chances in the game that Clausrn didnt close out.

UConn is a better team with better talent than ND so they should win.

If ND played a Big East, Pac-10 or SEC, schedule they would be at the bottom of the league every year.

Stanford is a better team than ND.... and they proved it.

Navy needed a miracle so I guess touchdown Jesus was working for the other team.

Everyone has close games and unfair games.

The good teams overcome those times and win them even when the refs are calling everything against them.

Dont make excuses....6 losses does not make a team good.

Anyone that says that Pitt, UConn and Michigan have worse talent than ND are sadly mistaken.

Michigan gets lots of top prosepcts every year.

Pitt does too because of Wannstedt...I think 9-2 is better than 6-6

UConn...same as Pitt....slightly worse record this year but still better than ND

This is good news as it increases the likelihood that if a Top Tier OT is not there, that a RB, QB, CB, or some other position of great need will be there. Clausen is clearly a Top 30 Talent, problem is there is a log jam at QB this year. Maybe we can sneak one in the 2nd Rd like Miami did With Henne and White.

Anyone who needs a QB will be interested - and since the Rams and Browns will draft before us they will get dibs. We have too many other needs to trade up.

Not convinced the Browns go QB. Brady Quinn has begun to show some promise with 8 total TDs over his past 3 games. The Rams will definitely go quarterback and I think a team like the Seahawks may try to jump into the top 5 as well.

Im a little torn on drafting a qb and I think a lot will be determined by how Campbell finishes up the year. Aside from putting up good statistical games, he needs to show he can make a clutch play down the stretch and lead us to a comeback win to really secure another year here for him.

Clausen is an upgrade over Campbell ... but Bradford and Locker are better prospects.
:hysterical:

:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me.

Clausen wont be starting in the NFL on a good team.

He is a career 2nd stringer at best.

He is overvalued because he goes to Notre Dame and the publicists there are well paid.

He is as good as Beuerlein was coming out of college.

He is a solid QB that might be able to start for a few seasons while you bring along a really good one....but not one that will dazzle you with how good he is.

He wont approach Theismann in his career.

Montana is greater than a football God in comparison.

Notre Dame is not a relevant school anymore.

They need an great coach and a great recruiter like a Wannstedt.....

or Willingham....oh yeah....he was probably fired for being too black ....unlike Weiss....who has a worse record and is white.

Go Notre Dame!

Go far away.

Everyone has close games and unfair games.

The good teams overcome those times and win them even when the refs are calling everything against them.

Dont make excuses....6 losses does not make a team good.

Anyone that says that Pitt, UConn and Michigan have worse talent than ND are sadly mistaken.

Michigan gets lots of top prosepcts every year.

Pitt does too because of Wannstedt...I think 9-2 is better than 6-6

UConn...same as Pitt....slightly worse record this year but still better than ND

ND has more offensive talent but not overall than these teams because their defense was so bad. If they had anything that resembled a defense, we'd be talking BCS right now. If their offense was as bad as their defense, they are a 2-10 team at best. You can't say Clausen isn't a winner because they didn't score a TD on every drive.

:hysterical:

Notre Dame is not a relevant school anymore.

They need an great coach and a great recruiter like a Wannstedt.....

or Willingham....oh yeah....he was probably fired for being too black ....unlike Weiss....who has a worse record and is white.

Go Notre Dame!

Go far away.

You guys btw are cracking me up with this Wannstedt thing, you both think he's great? How little you guys forget how they were considering firing him every year for his first 3-4 years. And the whole "ND fired Willingham because he's black" thing is annoying. If they didn't want a black coach they wouldn't have got him in the first place after O'Leary, I'm sure there was another white guy that would've coached the team.

I'm not saying we should draft Clausen by any means, but I'm just trying to defend him a bit here. The one year he finally gets a decent o-line, he throws for over 3,700 yards with 28 TD's and 4 picks (only 1 of which was squarely on his shoulders) and granted, a few of those TD's were great grabs by Floyd, Tate, or Rudolph, but you have to put where the defense ain't, and he does that better than any QB in college.

Archived