Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL should do away with Kickers/Punters

BrandonJ83

I'm tired of all the games that are hard fought and won/lost by a guy who hardly does anything. I think the kicking/punting game is 1930's style football. I mean if you can't get 10 yards in 4 plays you probably won't win a the game regardless if you have the kicking/punting. Think about overtime, you fight hard for 60 minutes and your defense is wore out. Whoever wins the toss can drive the ball in FG range and decide that game. Superbowl, Playoffs, or regular season, its all the same. I mean that is too much riding on a very small part of your 53 man roster.

Anyways just wanted see if anyone else sees it this way.

EDIT: Maybe just do away with field goals because you need someone to kickoff.

What a dumb idea... they did not call the game football for nothing.. why dont they just throw away all the history as well, hof in canton.. just tear it down, red grange, bronco ngurski, sammy baugh, jim brown, deacon jones, joe montana.. thow it all away.. we will start a new game... it is call ed.. arena nonfootball, forget the gridiron!

No. That's the long and short of it.

They are very much a part of the strategy of football, and it's a part of the reason that the game is so great. It's a science. It's methodical.

But the ideology that you always have to punt when it's fourth down and not in field goal range, or kick a field goal on every 4th down when you are in field goal range needs to go. The coaches in the NFL are starting to lean towards the more aggressive/optimistic side of football, but the fans haven't exactly come around yet.

Kickers and punters are a HUGE part of football, and they should remain to be.

"My team is bad at something, so I want that something removed from the game".

That's what I'm hearing here.

I was just about to say that. Steeler fans have been whining about special teams too lol.

I guess I should have wanted offenses removed since my team was never any good at scoring points. :hysterical:

"My team is bad at something, so I want that something removed from the game".

That's what I'm hearing here.

Bingo. Instead of changing the tradition of the game and eliminating the only aspect that ties the name of the game with the actual play of the game, why don't the Redskins try to find a good/great PK. We have had several in our history.

Not bringing in a PK to even compete for the job after how SS performed last season is yet another mark on the list of negatives for Vinny and Zorn.

Bingo. Instead of changing the tradition of the game and eliminating the only aspect that ties the name of the game with the actual play of the game, why don't the Redskins try to find a good/great PK. We have had several in our history.

Not bringing in a PK to even compete for the job after how SS performed last season is yet another mark on the list of negatives for Vinny and Zorn.

Wasn't it a competition this offseason and preseason? It's early in the morning, so I don't remember who the other guy was, but pretty sure SS won that position this year

Wasn't it a competition this offseason and preseason? It's early in the morning, so I don't remember who the other guy was, but pretty sure SS won that position this year

There was competition between Suisham and Dave Rayner, but that was a phony position battle drama they had. There was no way they weren't going to give Suisham the job.

There was competition between Suisham and Dave Rayner, but that was a phony position battle drama they had. There was no way they weren't going to give Suisham the job.

well let's get rayner on the phone. At this point, why delay the inevitable? If SS isn't gonna be here next season (and god willing he won't be), why not start having game by game tryouts. These next few weeks should basically be treated as extended practice time. But then again, we've all been saying that for weeks. Unfortunately, no one with any authority in this organization seems to feel the same way.

I'm tired of all the games that are hard fought and won/lost by a guy who hardly does anything. I think the kicking/punting game is 1930's style football. I mean if you can't get 10 yards in 4 plays you probably won't win a the game regardless if you have the kicking/punting. Think about overtime, you fight hard for 60 minutes and your defense is wore out. Whoever wins the toss can drive the ball in FG range and decide that game. Superbowl, Playoffs, or regular season, its all the same. I mean that is too much riding on a very small part of your 53 man roster.

Anyways just wanted see if anyone else sees it this way.

Then we should change the name of the sport since we would have no players left who use feet on the ball. :D

And they should do away with allowing fumbles returned for touchdowns after an interception!

Also, pass rushes and allowing wide receivers to fake out free safties.

No. Those plays are made by the defense or the offense who are always on the field. Those plays are made by people who play all the time.

Archived