Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: One name not under consideration

JimmiJo

I think the text that I bolded/underlined in your post is the key. If he comes in and puts forth a blueprint of how to run the franchise as well as names/grooms a successor for the football operations and head coaching positions, I think it would be a great move. Otherwise, it would be a 2-3 year fix.

that is exactly what Gibbs did, but once Gibbs was officially gone ... Vinny convinced Dan that we needed to run the WCO and not hire GW as the HC.

We need a VP/GM that is gonna be here for more than a few years. Otherwise once they leave, Danny will jump right back in the mix as if he's "learned a thing or two."

I sure wish Gibbs would have stayed on as VP of Football operating his last year and just promoted GW to the HC position. Despite Gibbs trade blunders ... he did assemble a competent coaching staff and we had a direction/plan for future success.

It's hard to believe Danny gave all that up and gave Vinny the keys to the kingdom, again.

Wow, call out much. Would be nice to read your basis for this thinking. Not calling you a liar, but some elaboration would be great.

And the article answered it's own question. Parcells won't be considered here if Snyder will not give up total control.

Shanahan makes roughly $6.5 to $7 million next season to stay unemployed from Denver.

We paid Gibbs $5 million a year.

So what are we going to do? Offer him $10 million for the year? And pay him twice what we paid Gibbs?

So he works for $3 million, to deal with Dumb and Dumber?

Highly Unlikely.

Agree 100%!!! If we have the chance to get this guy in here and fix this mess you have to do it. Pay him whatever he wants b/c you know he will get the job done!

Can you imagine CP trying to pull the crap he does with the coaches now with him? :saber:

I'd love to see CP showing up out of shape at Training Camp and pulling an attitude with Parcells because he and Synder are BFF's. I think Parcells would put Clinton in his place

that is exactly what Gibbs did, but once Gibbs was officially gone ... Vinny convinced Dan that we needed to run the WCO and not hire GW as the HC.

We need a VP/GM that is gonna be here for more than a few years. Otherwise once they leave, Danny will jump right back in the mix as if he's "learned a thing or two."

I sure wish Gibbs would have stayed on as VP of Football operating his last year and just promoted GW to the HC position. Despite Gibbs trade blunders ... he did assemble a competent coaching staff and we had a direction/plan for future success.

It's hard to believe Danny gave all that up and gave Vinny the keys to the kingdom, again.

True, but if Parcells (or whoever) is grooming his replacement at both coach and VP of football operations, that person who has full control will be here.

Since this is so true, I HAD to quote it. As soon as DS decides he wants to win over selling merchandise, we will be MUCH better off.

But then, it's his team and he can do as he wishes. :chair:

Agreed...this will be the off-season where we see what the priorities of Dan Snyder are...are they giving up control to someone who has more football knowledge than he has...or is his desire to be in control so strong that it overrides what many others are seeing....that Vinny is not an effective executive and his constant meddling are driving away a large number of fans.

The Chinese say, "May you live in interesting times" this off-season may be the most interesting of them all.

Shanahan didn't win anything without Elway.

Parcells didn't win without Bellichick. In fact, I think he was under .500 without him.

Cowher got lucky one year and got a ring. Before that, he was Schottenheimer II.

Gruden took an established team with a great defense and kicked the offense in the ass enough to get it over the hump. After that, not much in the way of extended success.

Holmgren was out of gas in Seattle when he retired.

Billick was touted as an offensive genius but couldn't find a QB with a bloodhound. His ring is courtesy of the Lewis Boys, Marvin and Ray.

And every single guy you named and dismissed is 1,000% better than any other option you may have. The only thing I'd like to see over one of these "names" coming in is the hiring of a GM and full control turned over to him. Since the odds are not in our favor for that, I'll hope for a big-name coach that will have the clout to put the owner in his place.

NO Parcel....If you want Orakpo to play DE and not OLB you would be against this move.Parcel is a 3/4 coach.....hell no!

I'm pretty sure most here would be ok with him playing OLB in a 3-4 which is not far of from a DE. He would definitely thrive in the role much like Demarcus Ware has.

True, but if Parcells (or whoever) is grooming his replacement at both coach and VP of football operations, that person who has full control will be here.

that's what i would hope ... that Parcells would bring in a qualified GM ... but the man with the kahoonas to stand up to Danny is Parcells. There is still no telling that Danny wouldn't turn around and fire said GM, if Parcells bolts after a couple years.

Unless Danny boy changes his philosophy on how to run a team, none of the coaches mentioned in this thread will come here. It will be a complete replay of what happend last year. Instead of get a former QB turned QB coach, we will end up with something far worse.

that's what i would hope ... that Parcells would bring in a qualified GM ... but the man with the kahoonas to stand up to Danny is Parcells. There is still no telling that Danny wouldn't turn around and fire said GM, if Parcells bolts after a couple years.

Well, I can't disagree with you there. Our only hope to keep that structure in place would be continued success.

];7070048']Parcells would want a 3-4 defense' date=' which we don't have the personel for. We can focus this entire draft on a 3-4 defense when our OL has never been so bad.[/quote']

I never get this. If we actually do bring in Parcells (or someone in that role), you'd have to give them a couple years to add the personnel that fits the systems they want to run.

So, if he wants a 3-4 defense and wishbone offense, you begin with 2010's off-season as your year 1 and start building.

And every single guy you named and dismissed is 1,000% better than any other option you may have. The only thing I'd like to see over one of these "names" coming in is the hiring of a GM and full control turned over to him. Since the odds are not in our favor for that, I'll hope for a big-name coach that will have the clout to put the owner in his place.

Apparently, we agree on the GM.

As for the list of coaches, recycling old names isn't the only option. Not that these two would do it, but every year there is a list of hot new candidates that are available and who should be considered.

I would be willing to see a new and hungry coach try to build a franchise...with a GM.

To look at these coaches alone as the "1000% better option" is the same mistake the Dynamic Duo would make.

I'll pass. Thanks.

I can't see Parcells coming here under any circumstances. Shanahan still seems likely but if not we have to take a chance on a youngster again and to me Leslie Frazier is the most deserving candidate

that is correct if shanny does not come to dc get lesile frazier asap

he is from the tony dungy coaching tree -Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Jim Caldwel all have had succes in the Tomlin being the most famous

Archived