Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Greg Blache Doing His Job Properly? (MET)

G1

Is he doing his job properly?

Penalised for 12 men on the field twice in one game. Unforgivable.

The blown coverage for the Jackson TD is the same blown coverage on the same part of the field that we have seen now for Jackson (twice) and Marshall.

i for one hate the defensive scheme that we run. i hate this rush 4 and play zone coverage waiting for the other team to score bs. i hope that if or when blache decides to retire we get a coordinator with an aggressive scheme that will bring pressure and force the qb into making mistakes.

this is probably close to the question I wanted to ask. I was out of town for the game and couldn't watch it. Why did the D suddenly fail in the fourth quarter and give up 11 points? Why does this D always seem to collapse from the Gregg Williams days to today? Was it the Dallas mistake where the D just stopped attacking completely and played reactive ball? It doesn't sound like the D should have been too tired because the O scored a fair number of points (Haven't looked at time of possession) Was McNabb just suddenly great and making incredible plays? Are we that unlucky? Did the refs manage to penalize us and aid the Eagles with too many calls and non calls in the last minutes?

From what I've heard the Campbell hit at the end was an unbelievable non call.

So, why did it happen? Is it the players, the coaches, the Gods?

Is he doing his job properly?

Penalised for 12 men on the field twice in one game. Unforgivable.

The blown coverage for the Jackson TD is the same blown coverage on the same part of the field that we have seen now for Jackson (twice) and Marshall.

I don't think that was a blown coverage on the TD. I think the Eagles just out smarted the Redskins...

The Redskins appeared to be in a cover 2 zone, and 2 Eagles receivers got deep. Laron Landry could only cover 1 guy....

It looked like both of the corners released their men to the deep zone... I'm not 100% sure, but I know there were 2 Eagles players deep, with only Landry nearby, mean while both Redskins corners looked like they were playing the flats

The staple of Blatche's D does appear to be giving up scores at the end of the game when the other team needs it bad.

I don't know if that's his fault or not.

you can't call up prevent defense and expect to hold opposing offenses to 0 points. it just doesn't happen. thats 2 weeks in a row that the defense goes to prevent and we end up losing. Blache needs to realize that prevent does not cut it when the team is up by only one score or less. He needs to improve in the aspect of finishing a game.

HAIL

And whose job is it to teach Landry to WRAP SOMEBODY UP?! Tired of watching him fly through the air with his arms behind him trying to land the big hit with his shoulder only to bounce off landing face first on the turf while the other player (Jason Avant....and others) gets an extra ten yards!

you can't call up prevent defense and expect to hold opposing offenses to 0 points. it just doesn't happen. thats 2 weeks in a row that the defense goes to prevent and we end up losing. Blache needs to realize that prevent does not cut it when the team is up by only one score or less. He needs to improve in the aspect of finishing a game.

HAIL

Blatche has been mentally checked out since he ended his "silence" to make a statement defending Mr. Snyder. A statement which in itself seemed very fake in nature.

I don't think that was a blown coverage on the TD. I think the Eagles just out smarted the Redskins...

The Redskins appeared to be in a cover 2 zone, and 2 Eagles receivers got deep. Laron Landry could only cover 1 guy....

It looked like both of the corners released their men to the deep zone... I'm not 100% sure, but I know there were 2 Eagles players deep, with only Landry nearby, mean while both Redskins corners looked like they were playing the flats

In which case its' a badly devised scheme then if all you need to beat it is to send 2 receivers deep. i suspect you're right but that makes it even worse given the flaw was highlighted by Jackson in the 1st Eagles game, by Marshall 2 weeks ago and he STILL hasn't fixed it.

12 men on the field multiple times in a game is the worst. Its' dumber than any mistakes our offense have made all year which is really saying something.

and they still 3-8. It doesn't matter how less points and yards the D give up, they still end up losing the game because they play for 55 minutes instead of 60.

Again this has nothing to do with Gregg Blaches job the defense gave the offense the ball on the Eagles 20 yard line 4 plays later we kick a FG from the 16 yard line. If its makes eveyone feel better and sleep better at night blame Gregg Blache.

Again this has nothing to do with Gregg Blaches job the defense gave the offense the ball on the Eagles 20 yard line 4 plays later we kick a FG from the 16 yard line. If its makes eveyone feel better and sleep better at night blame Gregg Blache.

The question is not who is to blame, it is "Is Gregg Blache doing his job properly?"

I don't think he is. The point of a defense is to keep the opposing offense from scoring, especially in the 4th quarter. In terms of scheme, if the players don't blitz, it is not their fault they aren't blitzing. It was relayed to them by the defensive coordinator. Landry can't tackle, that is also on Blache to make sure Landry starts to wrap and tackle well (even though ultimately it comes down to Landry actually doing it).

Why take what is working for you and flip it around when the game matters most? Two weeks in a row?

It's a team game, and if the offense can't score then that's one thing, but the defense should also be doing its job, and it clearly isn't helping the team win, even though statistically it looks good.

Playing the blame game is useless. There are many many small-big problems on all sides of the equation, and Blache's scheme and philosophy is a part of it.

Blache is responsible for the defense to play hard every down. They blew it and they obviously haven't gotten on Landry and his poor tackling. His scheme sucks and get way too conservative relying on a mediocre secondary and thinks he can get a consistent rush with just 4 guys. How's that working out for Greg?

Dan Snyder should go send some vanilla ice cream in his office.

Being ranked in the top 5 defense doesn't tell the whole story.

Blache is responsible for the defense to play hard every down. They blew it and they obviously haven't gotten on Landry and his poor tackling. His scheme sucks and get way too conservative relying on a mediocre secondary and thinks he can get a consistent rush with just 4 guys. How's that working out for Greg?

Dan Snyder should go send some vanilla ice cream in his office.

Being ranked in the top 5 defense doesn't tell the whole story.

I agree with the Vanilla Ice cream but think the defense played well enough for us to win. What I dont think we realize is we can stop a team but good teams find ways to win which we aren't. I don't even want to think who'll catch the blame if the Saint destroy us Sunday.

The staple of Blatche's D does appear to be giving up scores at the end of the game when the other team needs it bad.

I don't know if that's his fault or not.

Try counting the number of times we blitz when we have a lead late in the game.

I'd loan you some fingers and toes, but, trust me, you won't need them.

You can't expect to use one play to erase all the ineptitude we see, and you also cannot use an overrated statistic to hang your hat on.

Bottom line, when the other team needs a score to win, they get it.

Period.

Yay, we're the top ranked pass D that can't stop the Jason Avants and Patrick Craytons of the world when we absolutely have to, nevermind that fact that the DeSean Jacksons and Brandon Marshalls always seem to find themselves completely alone behind the defense..

Yippee, we're a top five defense that gives up 6 yards a carry to rookies.

We can wrap ourselves in the statistics and ignore the reality.

~Bang

Archived