Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty is the second best safety in the league

redskins59

This is not what I am saying. This is what profootballfocus.com is saying.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=S&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Per the site, the best safety in the league is Ed Reed. Washington's Reed Doughty is ranked #2.

Look at Laron Landry's ranking. He's the fifth worst safety in the league.

I don't know how accurate their methodology is, but their calculation suggests that Doughty is a very good safety.

Also, according to the site, Stephon Heyer is the fifth worst tackle in the league.

Haynesworth is the fourth best DT.

So, Randle El is the 17th best reciever, while Santana Moss is the 100th behind both Kelly AND Thomas? Suisham is the 29th best kicker despite only missing two FGs? Jason Campbell is better than Kyle Orton AND Vince Young? London Fletcher is the 13th best MLB? As Ochocinco would say....child please.

Reed is a good sound player that is in position, understands his position, tackles soundly, etc...but he isn't even a top 10 safety, he's a good player, not an impact player, not a game changer. I'd say he's in the group with Ryan Clark and that other tier of good overachieving NFL safeties.

Reed is a good sound player that is in position, understands his position, tackles soundly, etc...but he isn't even a top 10 safety, he's a good player, not an impact player, not a game changer. I'd say he's in the group with Ryan Clark and that other tier of good overachieving NFL safeties.

Lol, when said "Reed" I thought you meant the other one... well technically Doughty would be the other one, but whatever....

qbs have a 0.0 rating against Jarius Byrd? That's impressive.

D. Manning > Troy Polo? Eh, you might be able to make that arguement, but it would be difficult.

Dawan Landry is the worst safety in the league? Come on, I'm as hard on him as anyone, but the guy is leading his team in ints and has a pick six. Worst in the league is hard to believe.

Doughty isn't the 2nd best safety on the team....enough said.

Good point.

Now Horton's out for the year, he's moved up to the number 1 position. ;).

As to the OP, 2nd best safety in the league?

Reed's hardly that, and I'm sure he'd be a tad embarrassed to hear there ranking him that high. But he sure is a guy we're darn lucky to have. To quote the great man, Reed is a "core Redskin." Maybe he's not the best athletically on the team, but for sheer heart and application, he's a great influence to have around.

Sixth round pick from a small school, undersized, and with a severe hearing problem to boot; but one of the toughest, gutsiest players on the entire roster.

He's a guy you can really cheer for ya' know?

If only Landry had half of Doughty's desire and dedication to his craft, we'd be talking about that man as one of the all time greats of the position, instead of just a good starter with wasted talent, sighs.

Hail.

No way he's second best safety in the NFL.
I like Doughty. Second best safety in the NFL though? ... Definitely not.
Doughty isn't the 2nd best safety on the team....enough said.
Reed is a good sound player that is in position, understands his position, tackles soundly, etc...but he isn't even a top 10 safety,

You guys need to do your homework on Reed Doughty before you go spouting off nonsense about this future HOFer.

You can start your research with this valuable piece of material on Reed.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=228377&highlight=Reed

You guys are letting your pre-conceived ideas about players' potential and abilities that you know they have, taint your assessment of their performances thus far. We all know Troy Polamalu is a better safety than Reed Doughty - but that doesn't mean he's played like it so far this season.

PFF's grading is never perfect but it's usually pretty sound. They look at each play individually and grade the player on how he performed. I'm not sure the weighting of it is quite right though - so how a fan feels about a QB throwing an interception for example (once again the reaction is usually tainted by pre-conceived opinion about said QB), might differ from PFF.

You guys need to do your homework on Reed Doughty before you go spouting off nonsense about this future HOFer.

You can start your research with this valuable piece of material on Reed.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=228377&highlight=Reed

Hahahaha, Reed is serivable, but to call him a HOFER? I will put as much money that you can think of that he will not be a hall of famer, i dont care. You think of the number, and you PM me i will match that offer and raise it by 1,000. Lets do it to it.

P.S by saying that, i do think that he is a core redskin, but to call him a HOFer is WAAAY beyond the stretch of imagination, he is good and solid, but come on man.... don't get too involved with statisics from a stupid ass website and call him a hall of famer, that's just ignorant to all the great safeties to play the game who actually madeit

Archived