Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN Blog: Roy Williams responds to Laron Landry.

TEK2000

Roy Williams' response to LaRon Landry

tarcher-1.jpg 1:08 PM Tue, Nov 24, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Todd Archer/Reporter bio-icon.jpg Bio | email-icon.jpg E-mail | email-icon.jpg News tips

On Monday Washington safety LaRon Landry said Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams played scared on Sunday among other things.

On Tuesday, Williams was asked about those comments.

"God bless the individual, the young man, we love him," Williams said. "He's coming off a tough less to the Dallas Cowboys so I guess that's what he had to say. I'm going to continue to play my game and move on, got a win under my belt and I'm smiling."

So was he running his routes differently as Landry suggested?

"I'm running across the middle, stretching out, trying my best to catch the football," Williams said, "so if that's scared, let me know."

Considering the Redskins lost, were the comments inappropriate?

"Not at all," Williams said. "When you've won two or three games that's what happens. It's just frustration with himself, with the team and the way things have been going. You envy others on winning ballclubs doing the things they're supposed to do. I'm just going to continue my job. God bless the young man, him and his family and his football team."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/11/roy-williams-response-to-laron-landry.html

On Tuesday, Williams was asked about those comments.

"God bless the individual, the young man, we love him," Williams said. "He's coming off a tough less to the Dallas Cowboys so I guess that's what he had to say. I'm going to continue to play my game and move on, got a win under my belt and I'm smiling."

So was he running his routes differently as Landry suggested?

"I'm running across the middle, stretching out, trying my best to catch the football," Williams said, "so if that's scared, let me know."

Considering the Redskins lost, were the comments inappropriate?

"Not at all," Williams said. "When you've won two or three games that's what happens. It's just frustration with himself, with the team and the way things have been going. You envy others on winning ballclubs doing the things they're supposed to do. I'm just going to continue my job. God bless the young man, him and his family and his football team."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/11/roy-williams-response-to-laron-landry.html

The league knows Roy is scared...Landry was stating the obvious.

:rotflmao:

I guess we will find out in Dec who gets the last laugh between these two players

:doh:

No, we saw RW in all his glory on Sunday. Y'all won the game DESPITE his lack of production. RW sucks. As far as I'm concerned, I hope y'all sign him for another 4 years.

Scared would be not going for a ball high above your head.

Not extending to reach for it exposing your body and then dropping it.

I think he handled the immature and classless commentary from Landry as well as it could have been handled.

Doesn't change the fact that Williams has been a major disappointment.

Damn if your trying your best, and you suck THAT bad; god bless you, your team, your family and your future kids.

:hysterical:

There is very little more annoying than someone trying to play something off like they don't care. We all know Laron's comments got to Roy and hit him where it hurts. He knows he's the 2nd best receiver on a team with no good wide receivers.

Now that said, Laron shouldn't be saying a dam thing about anyone the way he's played this year, lol

That's exactly what he is. Now if only his pay and draft status were also merely decent.

Actually, I don't even think he's decent. sub-par effort, lazy preparation, and poor instincts on the field.

He's no longer the superior athlete like he was in college. At this level you've got to work for it. Everyone is a great athlete.

Actually, even tho it is obvious he was scared and he is a horrible WR, I think he kinda reacted the best way....kinda like saying

"Yea I suck, I'm not even the best WR on my team that doesn't have much at the position...but we still beat you guys"

then " We are 7-3 and prolly heading to the playoffs, where you going Laron?"

RW is a joke at WR, I hope he stays in Dallas...but seriously Laron, by the time December gets here, we might have 10 people that are actually giving it their all considering our season. You may have given the Boys' some unneeded motivation IMO.

Regardless of what one might feel about Roy Williams, Laron Landry needs to keep his mouth shut. It's not professional at all.

Frankly, I'm starting to sour on Landry -- he hasn't seemed to matured to the requirements of the NFL game. His emotional IQ seems quite low.

Williams is a joke. Even when he has what should be a good game - 100 yards receiving against the pack - he manages to screw that up with a game changing fumble. I thought he would at least be decent. He isn't. And I have no doubt that Landry's allegations are true. JJ screwed up big time with that trade. Sickening....

But RW sucks. He's the most ridiculously overpaid non-QB in the NFL. At least Landry is a decent football player.

RW11 has been less then Suck this year, but that does not change the fact that LL30 is one of the worst (over rated) non tackling Safeties in the NFL....dude is a huge disappointment, PERIOD!

Its a shame the expectations of him was to take over for a player like ST.....cause no one should ever have that put on em....he was that "rare" of a player, but he not only hasn't come CLOSE to that level yet, he just sucks!

Scared would be not going for a ball high above your head.

Not extending to reach for it exposing your body and then dropping it.

I think he handled the immature and classless commentary from Landry as well as it could have been handled.

Doesn't change the fact that Williams has been a major disappointment.

A scared receiver gets 0 receptions for 0 yards.

Stop with the "classless" comments. Football isn't about class.

RW11 has been less then Suck this year, but that does not change the fact that LL30 is one of the worst (over rated) non tackling Safeties in the NFL....dude is a huge disappointment, PERIOD!

Its a shame the expectations of him was to take over for a player like ST.....cause no one should ever have that put on em....he was that "rare" of a player, but he not only hasn't come CLOSE to that level yet, he just sucks!

Wow. You're totally wrong.

Archived