Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins Vs. Broncos (MET)

ixcuincle

Again' date=' Portis still might be the better RB in terms of pure talent, but he's also had durability issues every year except 2005 and he doesn't have much heart anymore.[/quote']

I don't agree re: heart. I saw one player on the sidelines today in the second half cheering his ass off. That was Portis. I've seen one player get mad and throw his helmet when things went bad. That was also Portis. Heart is what keeps that guy going. He's a work horse.

Regarding his current injury, I'm sure it's the team making him say out. You know how they are about head injuries these days.

Well, I don't want to make a run because we need a higher draft pick for a real offensive line/real quarterback.

However, benching Jason won't matter. We don't have a quarterback to play.

JC is good enough if we can manage a strong running game. It's what we did today, and it's what got us to 6-2 last year.

It's great and all that the Skins beat Denver today...but doesn't this worry anyone else that if they win a few more and don't make the "paloffs" which is 99.9% likely, that all they've done is screwed themselves in terms of drafting the best OT/QB available in the draft. I for one will be pissed if they select middle of Rd1 because they finish out 7-9 or 8-8 and have to TRADE UP to get the guy they could've gotten staying put early in the draft if they were to play like they did the first 8 games...winning now only scares me!

It's great and all that the Skins beat Denver today...but doesn't this worry anyone else that if they win a few more and don't make the "paloffs" which is 99.9% likely, that all they've done is screwed themselves in terms of drafting the best OT/QB available in the draft. I for one will be pissed if they select middle of Rd1 because they finish out 7-9 or 8-8 and have to TRADE UP to get the guy they could've gotten staying put early in the draft if they were to play like they did the first 8 games...winning now only scares me!

I don't care. I'd rather see them win.

no fan should ever want his team to lose. The first round has been loaded with talent for years now and there's no reason to think there will be a big drop off. A mid first round pick will be fine.

Archived