Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo needs to play DE!!!

Big "Pimpin" Chief

DId someone just say AC is on pace for a 12.5 sack season...This boards is insane ..LMFAO AC will only finsh the season with 7.5 sacks like i said in the Start of the season..The guy has only had two 10 sack season ..why the hell would he get 12 this season...Thats it ..why waste my time on here anymore the fans have gone MAd....LB rushing for 1500,AC with 12.5 sacks?

Never really thought about this...ERRRR

Orakpo is playing very well better than most rookies and you want to change what?

That's what I don't get about this obsession that many fans have. Orakpo is playing great, why would you want to change it?

In this scheme and in the NFC East he's a very undersized DE and would likely get victimized in the run game and worn down by giant Tackles. Remember Mr. Dancing with the Stars? I would only want Orakpo at end if we changed our defensive philosophy to one where the lineman go upfield on every play.

Our lineman are currently asked to play the run first most of the time, that is why Orakpo is at LB, and doing a great job. He will be a better football player in the end for having learned this position, and I'm sure he will wind up at end when he is older, maybe even next season when we get a new DC.

yes, orakpo is playing great where he is...but anybody can get tackles..but look at where his special stats are, in the sacks and forced fumbles on the qb section...he can get more of that at DE...we finally have an osi umenyoira(sp?) type that can get constant pressure on the qb and dissrupt his play and force turnovers, and we aren't using him to do that...you wouldn't play jared allen or osi at LB, would you? isn't seattle playing patrick kerney at LB? and look how quiet he has been...if we can force more turnovers and dissrupt the qb's play, we can prevent the other team from scoring a lot of points, then we can actually win games with our stuttering 17point offense...and like i've said plenty times, this is a move that should happen next year when we can get a LB in here that can contain the run

DId someone just say AC is on pace for a 12.5 sack season...This boards is insane ..LMFAO AC will only finsh the season with 7.5 sacks like i said in the Start of the season..The guy has only had two 10 sack season ..why the hell would he get 12 this season...Thats it ..why waste my time on here anymore the fans have gone MAd....LB rushing for 1500,AC with 12.5 sacks?

He has 6.5 in 8 games... You think over the course of the next 8 games he will only get 1 more sack max?

That's not likely.

It's not about power only but size. He's 20 pounds lighter than Daniels and Jarmon. LDE is about containment as much as it is about rushing the passer.

Containment you say?????

What has Phillip Daniels "contained" this year???

I'll give you a second to think about it..........

We get burned on at least two to three bottlegs or mis direction tosses a game because he can't keep containment. He's to slow!! People look at Orakpo and say he's to small but the guy is pure power!! Look how he rushes the passer. It's not a speed rush he utilizes its a bull rush! He consistantly bull rushes each opposing offense's best offensive lineman (Left Tackle) every game.

The OLB position can be filled by Wilson.. he's more than capable of handling that position. I personally would've signed someone like Derek Brooks or resigned Marcus Washington to fill the void. I'd move Carter to LDE which he can handle and keep Rak at RDE because he has the most pass rushing potential. But imagine the stunts you could do on every down with AC, RAK, and AH if they were consistantly on the line. Right now there are limited and very few combinations we can use and thus you see we simply get sacks because we over power our opponents not because the scheme puts them in position to get uncontested sacks. Have you noticed that none of our sacks come uncontested. They normally occur after about 3-4 seconds in the pocket. If we schemed right we could get uncontested pressure on the QB which would allow our CBs to play press and not give those 8yd cushons. Putting RAK at DE solves so many issues.

You guys make me laugh, because you don't do your research. If Orakpo is small, then what is Andre Carter?

Andre Carter weighs 252 lbs, whereas Orakpo weight 260. Now, prove to me mathematically that 260 lbs is less than 252.

Stop with the Orakpo is small nonsense when AC is smaller. Oh, and Osi Umenyiora is 261 lbs.Orakpo's weight is not an issue, period. Let me repeat it one more time: he is bigger than Andre Carter.

Another point to make here is that Orakpo, although only a part time pass rusher, has been more effective than Andre Carter. Just look at that sacks. Carter has 6.5 as a full time defensive end. Orakpo has 5.5. He might end up with more sacks this year even as a part time pass rusher.

you guys make me laugh, because you don't do your research. If orakpo is small, then what is andre carter?

Andre carter weighs 252 lbs, whereas orakpo weight 260. Now, prove to me mathematically that 260 lbs is less than 252.

Stop with the orakpo is small nonsense when ac is smaller. Oh, and osi umenyiora is 261 lbs.orakpo's weight is not an issue, period. Let me repeat it one more time: He is bigger than andre carter.

Another point to make here is that orakpo, although only a part time pass rusher, has been more effective than andre carter. Just look at that sacks. Carter has 6.5 as a full time defensive end. Orakpo has 5.5. He might end up with more sacks this year even as a part time pass rusher.

thank god for this post!!!!

I have to say I agree with the OP, it may be possible to have Carter and Rak both starting at DE and still have a good run defense.

Rak is a pass rusher plain and simple, you don't put a pass rusher out in coverage. He's a game changer at DE, put him in a position to be successful (I know crazy idea for this staff). We could easily have Blades starting at weak side and move Rocky to strong side.

Maybe we could just use him as a punt protector?

Well when we picked up Orakpo, I told my boy dont get happy because just like everything else we will find a way to F this up. He said how can we mess up the best pass rusher in the draft sliding to us at 13. What happens we make him a OLB LOL!

I'll put up $1,500 that AC finishes with more than 7.5 sacks this year

count me in son

Well when we picked up Orakpo, I told my boy dont get happy because just like everything else we will find a way to F this up. He said how can we mess up the best pass rusher in the draft sliding to us at 13. What happens we make him a OLB LOL!

LMFAO..what a true post..I had a Cowboy fan tell me the same thing! only he added that we would'nt even put Rakpo in the game he said he would be on the pine.:laugh:

Containment you say?????

We get burned on at least two to three bottlegs or mis direction tosses a game because he can't keep containment. He's to slow!! People look at Orakpo and say he's to small but the guy is pure power!! Look how he rushes the passer. It's not a speed rush he utilizes its a bull rush! He consistantly bull rushes each opposing offense's best offensive lineman (Left Tackle) every game.

The OLB position can be filled by Wilson.. he's more than capable of handling that position. I personally would've signed someone like Derek Brooks or resigned Marcus Washington to fill the void. I'd move Carter to LDE which he can handle and keep Rak at RDE because he has the most pass rushing potential. But imagine the stunts you could do on every down with AC, RAK, and AH if they were consistantly on the line. Right now there are limited and very few combinations we can use and thus you see we simply get sacks because we over power our opponents not because the scheme puts them in position to get uncontested sacks. Have you noticed that none of our sacks come uncontested. They normally occur after about 3-4 seconds in the pocket. If we schemed right we could get uncontested pressure on the QB which would allow our CBs to play press and not give those 8yd cushons. Putting RAK at DE solves so many issues.

don't let him change your opinion,because you are correct

Yes, he is 20 lbs lighter...but he has the ability to do the containment job that others do...watch some of his college videos, he can contain the run...

A lot of people don't realize this, but College Football is different from Pro Football.

Orakpo is a load, but he'd still have a tough time against the run every down. He wouldn't be as bad as Carter and Taylor were last year, but he's best suited for RE.

Robert Mathis is smaller than Rak.

Mathis and Freeney are both rush DE's. Mathis is basically a RDE playing LDE. That is due not only to their scheme but also the position that Manning and the offense place the defense. When you play the Colts, you're going to most likely be behind most of the game and when on offense that limits the amount of run plays you can call. This sets them up perfectly to have 2 rush DE's on the field at the same time.

One of the ways that you can overcome this is by rushing the ball on their smaller front 7 and controlling the clock, which is the way that the Fins almost beat them this year.

Mathis is the exception, not the rule when it comes to LDE's in a 4-3 defense.

Containment you say?????

There is no one on this board who has been more critical of Daniels for the last 2-3 years than I have. In the past he was a liability on everything other than containment and an occasional blocked pass that made everyone here swoon.

Daniels now can't even do that, due to the myriad of injuries he's had over the years and father time kicking his ass as well. Yes, I agree that Daniels shouldn't start at LDE but neither should Orakpo. This is the reason that we drafted Jarmon.

There is no one on this board who has been more critical of Daniels for the last 2-3 years than I have. In the past he was a liability on everything other than containment and an occasional blocked pass that made everyone here swoon.

Daniels now can't even do that, due to the myriad of injuries he's had over the years and father time kicking his ass as well. Yes, I agree that Daniels shouldn't start at LDE but neither should Orakpo. This is the reason that we drafted Jarmon.

I'd love to see JJ light it up!

Yes, I agree that Daniels shouldn't start at LDE but neither should Orakpo. This is the reason that we drafted Jarmon.

and its about time Jarmon got is chance, 100% ready or not.

a 3rd rounder in next years draft is looking like a high value pick at the minute. Get him starting soon.

Archived