Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Snyder's PR 'henchman' is both his guard & safety-Swanson protects Skins owner fro

BleedinBurgNGold

Well if this thread's resemblance from a scene out of Hang "em High is any indication,then the PR department may want meet with the boss to look in to the effectiveness,(or lack thereof),of it's strategy over the past bunch of years. Duh.

ECU ... :rotflmao:

Now I'll have the theme to the Twilight Zone stuck in my head all day!

They should play this tune when the Redskins score a TD at home. This, like the general theme of the television show, usually involves some abstract occurrence or an unexpected twist.

Like any good advocate, Swanson has tried to put the best possible face on even unpopular policies. After the organization tacked a $5-to-$10 parking surcharge on to tickets for concerts and soccer games at FedEx Field this past summer -- a fee fans paid even if they took the Metro to the events -- Swanson defended such charges by saying they were "common" at other local venues. However, representatives of TicketMaster, the Patriot Center, Verizon Center, and Merriweather Post Pavilion said they don't price tickets this way.

It just keeps getting worse.

What a ******* Snyder is. **** him

I went to the DC United vs Real Madrid game this past summer. I still regret going only because I supported this man with my hard earned money. If I didn't love United as much as I do there was no way in hell I was going.

Snyder is a scary man. I knew that for sure when NBC did not pick up the redskins report on saturday nights with George,Sonny, Wilbon and Riggins. NO REDSKINS fan since i have been alive did not love that show.

The show was too critical. Snyder has managed to buy a radio station and control a media market.

You know what, I loved the show too, but you are factually incorrect. It had nothing to do with Snyder. WRC slashed costs and bought out George Michael. They did not have the money to continue producing it. Just because he bought a radio station, by no means dictates that he "controls" the market. What is this, 1960? Radio is not where most people turn for news.

But carry on with the consipracy theory.

They should play this tune when the Redskins score a TD at home. This, like the general theme of the television show, usually involves some abstract occurrence or an unexpected twist.

You are entering a world of euphoria....

..of celebration....

...of points...

...a world you have not been to before....

...you look up and see the goal posts up ahead, and you know you have just crossed into.....

the END ZONE!!

Like any good advocate, Swanson has tried to put the best possible face on even unpopular policies. After the organization tacked a $5-to-$10 parking surcharge on to tickets for concerts and soccer games at FedEx Field this past summer -- a fee fans paid even if they took the Metro to the events -- Swanson defended such charges by saying they were "common" at other local venues. However, representatives of TicketMaster, the Patriot Center, Verizon Center, and Merriweather Post Pavilion said they don't price tickets this way.

That's just not true. I do not agree with the practice, so I am definitely not in the Redskins favor on this one, but it does happen...a lot. TicketMaster most certainly does it and Merriweather Post used to. Verizon and the Patriot Center don't because they do not control the parking. Nissan Pavilion certainly uses this practice. Why would they mention Patrior Center, but not Nissan Pavilion? Probably because they intentionally failed to mention them because it would hurt their smear campaign.

The last few years, I have gone to Jimmy Buffett concerts at Nissan Pavilion, and there has been a $8 parking fee attached to the ticket. Every year. And it has been that way for every place I have seen him for the last few years, spanning many states. All charged by Ticketmaster. We had six people in our car, so we essentially paid $48 to park.

I don't like that it happens, but it is BS to make it seem like the Redskins are the only ones doing it. Most large outdoor venues, that have their own parking lots do it this way.

If this whole thing was a car,I'd sell it for parts. Problem is,I'm afraid I'd lose money in the deal.

The redskins remind me a lot of a ghetto fabulous broke automobile.

The car needs a lot of work under the hood (oline) however the owner neglects this and instead buys four shiny rims (Haynesworth) and tinted windows, (MeAngelo Hall).

The car will continue to sputter and stall, until the engine is overhauled.

Like everyone else, I hope huge changes are made this off-season. But slowly I am beginning to realize that none of it will matter. We will never be a proud and successful franchise until Snyder is gone. That is NEVER going to happen until he dies. We might have a winning season here and there and even some deep playoff runs, but we won’t be flagship franchise.

We all know what will happen. We might clean house and get a GM this off-season. But in 2-3 years things will begin to rot. Our management style is toxic. We can’t keep or recruit top level talent. People are fired, leave, runaway after working for less than a year.

Having a good top level management is important, but so is having good, smart, hard working middle and entry level staff. Honestly, from everything I have read it seems like working at Redskins Park is hell.

Until the entire culture of how we operate as a business changes -things will be the same. Getting rid of Vinny and getting a GM will be a temporary fix.

i swear to god ... THIS QUOTE MADE EFFING SICK:

The team has had seven directors of communications during Snyder's 11-year ownership, a rate that exceeds the turnover in the head coaching job (Swanson has overall responsibility for communications, but the day-to-day promotion is handled by a team PR executive).

One of the former PR directors, John Konoza, lasted three days. His replacement, John Maroon, lasted a year.

"Simply put, I left because we had a difference of philosophy about how to deal with the press," says Maroon, who runs a public-relations agency in the Baltimore area. "I have always believed in the notion of building relationships in a spirit of cooperation. . . . If you think you hold all the cards, then by all means don't bother. But it will come back to bite you."

You know what, I loved the show too, but you are factually incorrect. It had nothing to do with Snyder. WRC slashed costs and bought out George Michael. They did not have the money to continue producing it. Just because he bought a radio station, by no means dictates that he "controls" the market. What is this, 1960? Radio is not where most people turn for news.

But carry on with the consipracy theory.

Agreed. He's bought media outlets because communication is his business, that's how he got rich. He's not Stalin. Snyder has been a poor owner, but many people take it so far beyond that.

All of the media outlets that Snyder owns broadcast, print, and allow commentary about the Redskins that are denigrating to himself, every single day! The only outlets that "tow the company line" are Redskins.com (which all 32 teams have their own of) and the Redskins Nation broadcasts. The rest of the ownership is for business purposes and only makes for good conspiracy theory to be rehashed in unimaginative articles such as this one.

i swear to god ... THIS QUOTE MADE EFFING SICK:

Haha...that is when I worked for the Skins as an intern in college. John Maroon was my boss. Great guy, and so is Swanson. It was a weird environment. Not bad, just weird...hard to describe. They wanted to keep me on full time because I apparently did a pretty good job, but I respectfully declined. I love the Skins and all, but I saw the turnover and was looking for something a little more stable. And with a little less pressure.

Everyone that thinks it would be awesome to work in sports...sure, there are parts that are incredible. But there are also parts that really suck. And that goes for everywhere, not just the Redskins.

:laugh:Aww mannn...I remember whenever Andyman would post, there would be pages and pages of thanks and appreciation...funny how thangs have changed :hysterical:

I always thought that was trite. I really didn't need the website to make me feel like some kind of cool kid in a secret club - which is really all that Andyman was about. "Here is information that no one else will know about for ONE WHOLE HOUR!"

I always thought that was trite. I really didn't need the website to make me feel like some kind of cool kid in a secret club - which is really all that Andyman was about. "Here is information that no one else will know about for ONE WHOLE HOUR!"

Yeah, I didn't want to seem like an unappreciative ass, but that was pretty much all we got from him.

By continuing the myth that Dan Snyder is evil they can write what they want and the morrons that read their spew will lap it up and they come off as the good guys ... I know because I have a close friend who writes for a national news paper over here in the UK and that is his opinion . If someone refuses an interview they still have column inches to fill so they fill it with something . They know that in some cases then the denial will be just as defamatory as letting little lies go unchallenged so they know what they can write and get away with . Also they know if you say something enough times then 5 times out of 10 it becomes true ..

In general you should believe 50% of things you see, 30% of things you hear and 2% of things you read .

Or you can believe none of what you see, hear, and read, and instead focus on (and even blame) the messenger and become a sap for those trying to divert you from the ugly reality that is in front of your face.

Archived