Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Snyder's PR 'henchman' is both his guard & safety-Swanson protects Skins owner fro

BleedinBurgNGold

All the fans really care about is winning games. If Snyder was the owner while we were winning Superbowls, then nobody would care if he does interviews or not. The press can't stand it when someone won't talk to them, which is why we have this article. Does anyone really want to hear from Snyder during a season?

I have feeling that if we were winning SBs, Dan would be speaking out everywhere he could ... just sayin'

The press can't stand it when someone won't talk to them, which is why we have this article. Does anyone really want to hear from Snyder during a season?

First off it is the fans that can't stand that he (Dan) won't speak.

Secondly, yes I want to hear him speak. I want to hear him say something. I want some god damn accountability. It starts from the top.

Instead we get...

"sacks and stuff"

Donovan trying to do a Jedi mind trick and convince me that there is nothing wrong here and to go about my way.

His one statement to the fans was that he felt embarrassed for us. **** this guy.

Swanson (I don't need to mention his alter ego here, its one of the worst secrets in DC) might be one of the worst PR men, well ever.

To allow his boss to take PR hit after hit after hit is absurd. He, like Vinny, needs to go, because he sucks at his job

What I find amazing is that the Redskins PR guy is actually well known. I can't imagine that the Eagles PR guy is a household name in Philly. Maybe someone can correct me.

First off it is the fans that can't stand that he (Dan) won't speak.

Secondly, yes I want to hear him speak. I want to hear him say something. I want some god damn accountability. It starts from the top.

Instead we get...

"sacks and stuff"

Donovan trying to do a Jedi mind trick and convince me that there is nothing wrong here and to go about my way.

His one statement to the fans was that he felt embarrassed for us. **** this guy.

What do you want him to say? Words won't fix this problem.

This reminds me of 2006 when things went down the toliet and all the media felt it was their chance to rip Joe Gibbs for everything they have always wanted to. At the low point, the reporters all were saying that Gibbs needed to be more open with the media, like that was a solution to why they weren't winning games! Interacting with the media won't help you do one thing on the football field! See: Bill Belichek

Snyder is a scary man. I knew that for sure when NBC did not pick up the redskins report on saturday nights with George,Sonny, Wilbon and Riggins. NO REDSKINS fan since i have been alive did not love that show.

The show was too critical. Snyder has managed to buy a radio station and control a media market.

He even bought the message board. But he can't control the power of the pen. ( The washingtonpost) and other newspapers. So it drives him crazy.

Oh come on. You must know the written media, especially publications like the post are agenda driven . You can be painted in what ever way the press wants too . We see it every day with every celebrity and public figure . One day they are heros but a turned down interview or other snubb and suddenly they become baby punchers ...

Most of what is written in the Post is subjection and implication for instance;

"Karl knows less is more," says The Post's Wise. "He does his job by keeping Dan sheltered. He represents the wall between Dan Snyder and his public. Because if the wall weren't there, you might not like what you see."

When you as a publication have to refer to yourself as a credible source then you know you are on shaky ground .

By continuing the myth that Dan Snyder is evil they can write what they want and the morrons that read their spew will lap it up and they come off as the good guys ... I know because I have a close friend who writes for a national news paper over here in the UK and that is his opinion . If someone refuses an interview they still have column inches to fill so they fill it with something . They know that in some cases then the denial will be just as defamatory as letting little lies go unchallenged so they know what they can write and get away with . Also they know if you say something enough times then 5 times out of 10 it becomes true ..

In general you should believe 50% of things you see, 30% of things you hear and 2% of things you read .

best part of the article:

One of the former PR directors, John Konoza, lasted three days. His replacement, John Maroon, lasted a year.

"Simply put, I left because we had a difference of philosophy about how to deal with the press," says Maroon, who runs a public-relations agency in the Baltimore area. "I have always believed in the notion of building relationships in a spirit of cooperation. . . . If you think you hold all the cards, then by all means don't bother. But it will come back to bite you."

The people that know what they are doing... leave. Snyder's impressive management in action.

What do you want him to say? Words won't fix this problem.

This reminds me of 2006 when things went down the toliet and all the media felt it was their chance to rip Joe Gibbs for everything they have always wanted to. At the low point, the reporters all were saying that Gibbs needed to be more open with the media, like that was a solution to why they weren't winning games! Interacting with the media won't help you do one thing on the football field! See: Bill Belichek

I am not talking about Gibbs. I want to hear from the man at the top of the organizational chart. (I am sure the White House Press Sec can get me the info I might be looking for but one something of importance comes down the pipe, I want to hear from the big dog.)

He needs to take responsibility for this cluster ****

He needs to tell the fan base that he is ready to do things the right way.

In a time of crisis you want leadership. All we get are innuendo, rampant speculation, 2nd grade PR and one side of every story.

I have feeling that if we were winning SBs, Dan would be speaking out everywhere he could ... just sayin'

This.

Snyder's ego is huge, if this team was winning he would be bragging all over.

Snyder is a coward, he stands behind other people for heat he deserves and earned on himself. Cerrato (fool), Zorn, Swanson, Dononvan, all do Snyder's dirty work while he hides in his mansion and plays patty cake with his friend for hire Tom Cruise.

The fact that we would know more about Snyder's horrible personality IF he did not have Swanson blocking shots is very telling.

As silly as the andyman business is...

The Wise quote is scary. Imagine if Snyder is actually worse than most his detractors think.

I was struck by this very same quote.

I'm anti-Snyder based on what I already know. I can't imagine being any more disgusted with him based on what I've heard about how he treats people as well as how he has behaved while owner of the Skins.

The people that know what they are doing... leave. Snyder's impressive management in action.

See, that's the stuff I don't get when people say "Oh, the Post is just making up this stuff."

It doesn't take much to connect the dots and figure Snyder is an ego-maniacal prick. The fact that he has people jumping out to defend him, while telling close friends like George Michael that he doesn't understand why the people dislike him so much, is proof. He needs to be sheltered. He needs prepared speeches. He needs to approve of questions in an interview.

He won't have anyone of true competence around him because it would ultimately leave him powerless.

I am not talking about Gibbs. I want to hear from the man at the top of the organizational chart. (I am sure the White House Press Sec can get me the info I might be looking for but one something of importance comes down the pipe, I want to hear from the big dog.)

In a time of crisis you want leadership. All we get are innuendo, rampant speculation, 2nd grade PR and one side of every story.

I thought the big desire of all fans was that they didn't want Snyder leading anything? We want him signing checks and smoking cigars!

You might want to hear him explain why his team stinks, but I have no interest in hearing a bunch of blah, blah, blah. Show me you care by canning Vinny 5 minutes after the last game!

I can't imagine being any more disgusted with him based on what I've heard about how he treats people as well as how he has behaved while owner of the Skins.

I am already at lowest common denominator/ worse case scenario - how much lower can I think of someone?

I thought the big desire of all fans was that they didn't want Snyder leading anything? We want him signing checks and smoking cigars!

You might want to hear him explain why his team stinks, but I have no interest in hearing a bunch of blah, blah, blah. Show me you care by canning Vinny 5 minutes after the last game!

The disease goes way deeper then Vinny.

He would still have to hire real, legit personnel to take Vinny's place. I don't know that he'll do that, because it means he admits making a mistake and doesn't know personnel.

Not this "we are apologetic" horse****, or whatever.

Snyder is a scary man. I knew that for sure when NBC did not pick up the redskins report on saturday nights with George,Sonny, Wilbon and Riggins. NO REDSKINS fan since i have been alive did not love that show.

QUOTE]

NBC, WRC-TV, dumped that show because it would no longer budget for the four guys. George Michael has said that over and over. It had nothing to do with Snyder.

NBC, WRC-TV, dumped that show because it would no longer budget for the four guys. George Michael has said that over and over. It had nothing to do with Snyder.

George Michael = personal friend of Dan Snyder

Trust 0% said from either his friends or employees and only 25% what you heard from his mouth.

... I want to hear from the man at the top of the organizational chart. ...

In a time of crisis you want leadership. ...

QFT

It truly boggles my mind why Snyder won't step up to the podium, lean into the mic, and tell us all what we need to hear.

Oh come on. You must know the written media, especially publications like the post are agenda driven . You can be painted in what ever way the press wants too . We see it every day with every celebrity and public figure . One day they are heros but a turned down interview or other snubb and suddenly they become baby punchers ...

Most of what is written in the Post is subjection and implication for instance;

"Karl knows less is more," says The Post's Wise. "He does his job by keeping Dan sheltered. He represents the wall between Dan Snyder and his public. Because if the wall weren't there, you might not like what you see."

When you as a publication have to refer to yourself as a credible source then you know you are on shaky ground .

By continuing the myth that Dan Snyder is evil they can write what they want and the morrons that read their spew will lap it up and they come off as the good guys ... I know because I have a close friend who writes for a national news paper over here in the UK and that is his opinion . If someone refuses an interview they still have column inches to fill so they fill it with something . They know that in some cases then the denial will be just as defamatory as letting little lies go unchallenged so they know what they can write and get away with . Also they know if you say something enough times then 5 times out of 10 it becomes true ..

In general you should believe 50% of things you see, 30% of things you hear and 2% of things you read .

I love this straw man argument.

By citing the singular example of the Post, you attempt to claim that all media unfairly paints Snyder as "evil" - summarily discounting many anecdotal stories by posters with connections to the organization, former players/employees, and Snyder's public actions.

Nice try.

Archived