Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden as a HC=Tim Tebow at QB

RedskinsSerbia

UF has been playing football for I think over 100 years now. THERE HAS NEVER AND NEVER WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL NFL QB FROM UF.

Tebow is a great athlete and a fine person, but he will suck at QB. If we pick him in the first round, I'm done.

are you gonna chamge your mind if he is the rookie of the year. it can only get better than JC.

Maybe his system has never asked him to read defenses, but it doesn't mean he can't do it if he had to. Just saying.
No, but it means it'll take even longer to get the Tebow project rolling for any team dumb enough to draft him thinking he'll be their QB of the future.

Tebow and Gruden together would be the worst combination possible for the Redskins. If you think things are bad now, that scenario would really be a show. Just throw in Bruce Allen at GM and you're set.

Tim Tebow has shown one thing that Jason Campbell has never shown. Fire. When they lost last year, he was truly pissed off and vowed he would never lose again. So far, he's been proven right. Campbell...no matter how bad he gets murdered by opposing defenses, or has his receivers drop wide open passes, he just never seems to get pissed about it. I wouldn't mind Tebow, just for his passion alone. That's something that can't be taught.

Gruden at HC would make me cry tears of joy...this team has lacked spirit for a long time..we need to play with pride and intensity when we are on the field..but half the players look like they wanna be elsewhere...Gruden will light a fire under their asses...as far as Tebow, he is an interesting guy...I compare him to Mike Vick...Vick is an excellent football player...or at least was when he was the starter for ATL, he had speed, he was elusive, he was quick to cut to holes and was an amazing rusher...however, he was a horrible quarterback...even in Madden I couldn't go a game witout throwin a pick with this guy, and im pretty damn good at madden :silly:...wha im tryna say is that computerized physics couldn't help his accuracy...he was never a pocket passer, which is wha we need if we keep the West Coast offense, which i think we should..because it is a very effective offense if executed correctly...just look at the Eagles...believe it or not, Campbell is the perfect fit for our offense...physically...he just isn't there mentally with the decision making and going thru his progressions...but we need a big guy..to stand strong in the pocket, and can sprint out for 3-4 yards when it collapses...just like Donovan McNabb, but if we get Tebow, he's gonna throw pics and get sacked running around the pocket...the only way i like tebow in this offense, is the fact that he can make plays when our more than mediocre o-line collapses..but he is a lil too run happy for me..he will scramble when his first progression is covered..he doesn't wait for the play to develop, so he will do well if we dnt address the mediocre offensive line, but if we build up a solid line thru the years..we are gonna want a young pocket passer to develop with them...the qb and line need to work as a unit and be like family...we can have wildcat without tebow...its called trading for John Stewart :D

-Chief

Can she come too?
The first girl is some random girl at a party with Tebow, the second girl is completely different and some random model.
Tim Tebow has shown one thing that Jason Campbell has never shown. Fire. When they lost last year, he was truly pissed off and vowed he would never lose again. So far, he's been proven right. Campbell...no matter how bad he gets murdered by opposing defenses, or has his receivers drop wide open passes, he just never seems to get pissed about it. I wouldn't mind Tebow, just for his passion alone. That's something that can't be taught.
Yes, we're really missing Tebow and his "fire."

So cliche.

:doh:

Its amazing to see the replies. I have to wonder how many of those who say Tebow will not/ or cannot play in the NFL have ever watched him play?

I also find it interesting that Tony Dungy, just recently said that Tebow could be a NFL superstar and that he would draft him in the top 10.

Ahh, but what does Dungy know, heck he couldnt even get the Bucaneers to the supebowl. :doh:

And I guess Cam Cameron or Bill Belichick have not been scanning our message boards, because if they had been they would have come to the conclusion that they were wrong about Tebow being able to run the wildcat, or that he was something special.

I do agree that for the Redskins to take him high in the first round could be a mistake, but if he were available in the second, we would have to take a chance on the guy. He's has that will to win.

Welcome to ES, where civil war is encouraged.

I'm down with Gruden, but if we draft Tebow, get ready for another 5 years in oblivion. I'm not sold he's going to be a good nfl quarterback. Florida runs the triple option, which won't work in the NFL.

Also, one of Tebow's strength is power running, which isn't going to work in the NFL either. He trys to get cute and it's going to end up a concussion.

Eric Crouch had fire. Did that qualify him to be a NFL QB?

Its amazing to see the replies. I have to wonder how many of those who say Tebow will not/ or cannot play in the NFL have ever watched him play?

I also find it interesting that Tony Dungy, just recently said that Tebow could be a NFL superstar and that he would draft him in the top 10.

Ahh, but what does Dungy know, heck he couldnt even get the Bucaneers to the supebowl. :doh:

And I guess Cam Cameron or Bill Belichick have not been scanning our message boards, because if they had been they would have come to the conclusion that they were wrong about Tebow being able to run the wildcat, or that he was something special.

I do agree that for the Redskins to take him high in the first round could be a mistake, but if he were available in the second, we would have to take a chance on the guy. He's has that will to win.

First, Dungy isn't infallible. Let us not forget that he is a defensive guy not an offensive one. He may be a hell of a coach but I question his scouting and talent evaluation, especially here.

But what about his success in Indy? I'll point you to Peyton Manning and offensive coordinator Tom Moore. Both which had more to do with the teams success than any one thing that Dungy did.

Back to Tebow. I have no idea how anyone who calls themselves a fan of the game and actually has watched him play can say that he is going to be an NFL QB. The mountain of negative attributes against him completely outweigh his positives and do not translate into the NFL, unless a team is going to run a Wildcat/Option offense.

Archived