Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden as a HC=Tim Tebow at QB

RedskinsSerbia

First, Dungy isn't infallible. Let us not forget that he is a defensive guy not an offensive one. He may be a hell of a coach but I question his scouting and talent evaluation, especially here.

But what about his success in Indy? I'll point you to Peyton Manning and offensive coordinator Tom Moore. Both which had more to do with the teams success than any one thing that Dungy did.

I am not sure that I agree with that statement. I don't believe that the colts priority was to play defense until he got there. They had some really talented players on the defensive side of the ball throughout the years in Indy.

Tom Moore is Peyton Manning as Vinny Cerrato is to Dan Snyder oh wait bad analogy but you get the idea. Tom Moore is nothing more than a figure head. Do you really think that Moore is the one driving the ship on the Colts offense. He may come up with the play design and he may call some plays, but I am willing to bet that Manning is the one calling the shots.

Dungy is a good coach. He turned around a putrid program in TB and made them Super Bowl contenders. He went to Indy and HELPED turn them into winners there. I don't think that you can argue his track record. Is he perfect? Nobody is but as far as coaches, I would take him on our team in a heartbeat because he understands what it takes to win and build a great team.

AS far as Tebow goes in terms of playing as a pro much less a high draft pick; remember Alex Smith? He was supposed to be a smart player who ran the spread offense at Utah under Urban Meyer and could be one of the smartest players to come out of the draft. How well did that turn out? He was the number 1 pick and most people thought that he would be a decent QB and look what happened to him in a semi-pro style offense. What would Tebow do if he were even in a pro style offense which you would have to be playing the NFL. He wouldn't even be better than Danny Wuerful or Shane Matthews.

yes, bill cowher would be a good choice. he would definitly change the relaxed or keeping it medium mindset that zorn has seemed to instill in the players.

But the thing with Cowher, if he does decide to return to football, many speculate that he would end up in Carolina. Thats where his home is.

But it is intriguing that Gruden, Holmgren Holmgren, even Shanahan have kinda made it known that they want to return to coaching. But Cowher has been pretty tight lipped about his future.

I looked at those, cowher is the best fit. Gruden has never picked a very good QB, do the redskins want to be another Holmgren no win like washington? and Shanahan theres another that never picked a good QB, cowher will at least build a good running game and might score a big ben, and install good fundamentals. payton with the saints gave greg williams 250,000 out of his out paycheck to get him ,Pay the man. you know when cowher walks in the team will change fast.

I looked at those, cowher is the best fit. Gruden has never picked a very good QB, do the redskins want to be another Holmgren no win like washington? and Shanahan theres another that never picked a good QB, cowher will at least build a good running game and might score a big ben, and install good fundamentals. payton with the saints gave greg williams 250,000 out of his out paycheck to get him ,Pay the man, he will change everything

Tom Moore is Peyton Manning as Vinny Cerrato is to Dan Snyder oh wait bad analogy but you get the idea. Tom Moore is nothing more than a figure head. Do you really think that Moore is the one driving the ship on the Colts offense. He may come up with the play design and he may call some plays, but I am willing to bet that Manning is the one calling the shots.

You are flat out wrong. Mudd and Moore are the architects of their defense and offense respectively. Do you not remember the drama this offseason when they both retired?

Sure Manning calls the plays but Moore is the game planner and the one that has designed that offense.

Dungy is a good coach. He turned around a putrid program in TB and made them Super Bowl contenders. He went to Indy and HELPED turn them into winners there. I don't think that you can argue his track record. Is he perfect? Nobody is but as far as coaches, I would take him on our team in a heartbeat because he understands what it takes to win and build a great team.

All nice and good but again he is a defensive minded head coach. His evaluation of offensive talent isn't up there at guru status. He's flat out wrong about Tebow.

I am not sure that I agree with that statement. I don't believe that the colts priority was to play defense until he got there. They had some really talented players on the defensive side of the ball throughout the years in Indy.

Alot of people read too much into comments guys like Dungy, make on tv. Dungy is one of those guys that never has a bad word to say about anyone. If the topic of Tebow was brought up, of course he's gonna say nice things. Doesn't necessarily mean that he believes every word of it. He just doesn't say bad things about people. If any of you watch Nascar, Brad Daugherty is the exact same way on the pre-race show for ESPN. And both are great guys. But again, don't read too much into their comments.

Tebow will NEVER make it as an every down starter in the NFL. And for all of you that believe he will, well, you're only kidding yourselves. And, no offense, Gator Bait, but that's pretty sad that you've watched all his games and actually think he's gonna be a good NFL qb. C'mon. You either haven't been paying that close attention. Or you're just a homer. I sure hope its the latter.

Archived