Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Firing time

JimmiJo

The guy in charge of football operations seems incompetent.

seems incompetent? what does a guy have to do these days to be incompetent?

I agree however that we should just get on with our coaching and GM search now... lets get a leg up on all the other teams that are going to be interviewing candidates... the season is lost, there is nothing left to salvage or evaluate... let the off-season begin...

Good article, but no Morocco Brown or Scott Campbell bs.

We don't need either of the low-talent, yes Danny, peons having anything to do with this franchise.

Neither has proven that they deserve a job in the UFL, let alone in Washington.

If Dan promotes from within (Morroco Brown), it will only cause me to be more sure of my assessment that he is the one calling the shots not Vinny -- and nothing is going to change. I'll consider the move nothing but window dressing.

agree 1000%

Snyder has two problems: rebuilding the franchise; resurrecting his image. he loses on the latter....if...as you say...he promotes from within. but...my sense was the OP was only stating this would be for the remainder of the season only as a signal that the change process was underway and to expedite finding a whole new team to take over soon after this debacle of a season ends......kinda like a turn-over in administrations in which some senior officials hang on for 2-3 mos to smooth th transition process.

agree 1000%

Snyder has two problems: rebuilding the franchise; resurrecting his image. he loses on the latter....if...as you say...he promotes from within. but...my sense was the OP was only stating this would be for the remainder of the season only as a signal that the change process was underway and to expedite finding a whole new team to take over soon after this debacle of a season ends......kinda like a turn-over in administrations in which some senior officials hang on for 2-3 mos to smooth th transition process.

Precisely! Seems a lot of people are posting without fully reading what was written ... :doh:

If Dan promotes from within (Morroco Brown), it will only cause me to be more sure of my assessment that he is the one calling the shots not Vinny -- and nothing is going to change. I'll consider the move nothing but window dressing.

I guess fans want to get rid of promising people in the FO if it gives them the warm and fuzzys that Snyder isn't "meddling", despite the fact that there is absolutely no sign that he is meddling. I guess some fans will always feel the answer will be outside the organization. If anything, it is continuous change and upheaval that has been the downfall of this organization.

While there are games, there are always chances for the team to turn things around. The fact that the team was able to manage some offense in the second half and that the team isn't giving up on the coach tells me that at least they are hanging in there. If Zorn wins some games down the stretch, what does the team do? It is enough for Zorn to keep his job?

Personally, it is going to be tough to not fire someone, particularly since the fanbase wants blood. I think as usual, Vinny will be the fall guy. But, if Zorn proves that he should keep his job, it might not make sense to go outside the organization.

BTW, Brown has only been here for two years. It isn't like he's been here the whole run since Snyder bought the team. So saying this is rather ignorant of you.

I guess fans want to get rid of promising people in the FO if it gives them the warm and fuzzys that Snyder isn't "meddling", despite the fact that there is absolutely no sign that he is meddling. I guess some fans will always feel the answer will be outside the organization. If anything, it is continuous change and upheaval that has been the downfall of this organization.

While there are games, there are always chances for the team to turn things around. The fact that the team was able to manage some offense in the second half and that the team isn't giving up on the coach tells me that at least they are hanging in there. If Zorn wins some games down the stretch, what does the team do? It is enough for Zorn to keep his job?

Personally, it is going to be tough to not fire someone, particularly since the fanbase wants blood. I think as usual, Vinny will be the fall guy. But, if Zorn proves that he should keep his job, it might not make sense to go outside the organization.

BTW, Brown has only been here for two years. It isn't like he's been here the whole run since Snyder bought the team. So saying this is rather ignorant of you.

then you don't get it...that is all I can conclude. the whole organization needs to be blown up and all vestiges of the past cleaned out. Snyder has to bring in people who have no links to the organization: independent, successful professionals who can rebuild the culture/frachise from the gorund up. the culture cannot be rebuilt by people who have been shaped by it.

that is what you do when you are working to overcome ABJECT FAILURE.

Fail.

Neither Brown nor Campbell have proven anything. Not one thing.

Except that they are involved with a loser. In turn, they get accustomed to losing.

No more losers. We need winners.

Purge it. All of it.

I guess fans want to get rid of promising people in the FO if it gives them the warm and fuzzys that Snyder isn't "meddling", despite the fact that there is absolutely no sign that he is meddling.

I can't make sense of this. Who wants to get rid of promising people?

As for Snyder meddling, knowing the personalities involved and their situations, I'm reasonably confident that Dan didn't meddle much with Gibbs and I'm next to certain he's pulling Vinny's strings.

I

guess some fans will always feel the answer will be outside the organization. If anything, it is continuous change and upheaval that has been the downfall of this organization.

Disagree. It is the lack of brainpower combined with football experience that keeps this organization mediocre.

My prediction is that the next stupid move will be either Gruden or Shanahan.

This makes no sense given the remark you quoted. I'm saying essentially that promoting from within would likely be a sign of change nothing. Dan will still be making the big decisions.

then you don't get it...that is all I can conclude. the whole organization needs to be blown up and all vestiges of the past cleaned out. Snyder has to bring in people who have no links to the organization: independent, successful professionals who can rebuild the culture/frachise from the gorund up. the culture cannot be rebuilt by people who have been shaped by it.

that is what you do when you are working to overcome ABJECT FAILURE.

Been there, done that. In fact, I'd say our issue is that we've had far too much change throughout the organization: turn over the roster, turn over the coaches, turn over who runs the FO. That has ALL happened in the past 10 years multiple times. It is hard to build anything under those conditions.

I'd also say that no football executive is "independent". Everyone has to answer to the owner and answer for his decisions.

I can't make sense of this. Who wants to get rid of promising people?

You seem to want to ignore people we have in the organization simply because of guilt by association. No matter the guy has only been here two years and isn't much responsible for the mess that we have here.

As for Snyder meddling, knowing the personalities involved and their situations, I'm reasonably confident that Dan didn't meddle much with Gibbs and I'm next to certain he's pulling Vinny's strings.

Wait, didn't you give Vinny credit for selecting the WCO? Would that be something that Snyder came up with?

I think it is bloody obvious that just about every decision in the past couple of years has Vinny's fingerprints all over it, including how he handled Zorn. I think Sonny really articulated my thoughts on that matter.

I Disagree. It is the lack of brainpower combined with football experience that keeps this organization mediocre.

You can disagree all you want, but it is hard to build anything coherent if you are changing everything every couple of years. Snyder this time around at least learned that you need some continuity. We'll see what direction he wants to go in at the end of the season.

This makes no sense given the remark you quoted. I'm saying essentially that promoting from within would likely be a sign of change nothing. Dan will still be making the big decisions.

If you mean that he will be involved with hiring the head coach and negotiating contracts with big name FAs, you are correct, that probably won't change. But, if he's doing this hand-in-hand with his football people (which is really what the big change was in this go-around), there isn't much issue with that. While Snyder was involved with hiring Zorn, Vinny was very much involved with that decision. While he was involved with signing Haynesworth, that decision wasn't made in a vacuum, since Blache expressed the need for a stud DT the previous year.

Change has already happened. You are just blind to it right now.

That was a well written article.

I didn't agree about firings midseason before reading that. But now at 2-6 it would be about a gesture to the fans that change is truly...finally...coming.

We're not going to make the playoffs or even fight for them. Maybe midseason firing to show everyone that things are changing would be good. Might bring some seriously negative and disenchanted fans back at least a little bit.

To fire either Vinny, or Zorn, right now, would be a stupid move that would only add doubt to whomever might be interested in the job, that they would be given time to implement their plan. It might give Dimwit Nation a thrill, but it would contradict the "big picture/long run" crap they scream for, while urging Snyder to immediately add to his reputation of firing people before letting them finish what they started. Only someone interested in money, would take the job.

Brilliant. ****in morons.

The offseason will be here soon enough. Then, and only then, will be the time to make whatever moves will be made. Until then, suck it up, STFU, and either watch and wait, or find something else to do on gameday.

:hysterical:

You're so cold AX.

As for Longshot, I can understand being objective champ but the constant nieve assertions are above and beyond buddy.

As many have already said, this whole organization needs to be dismantled (including the disposal of Gibbs' players)! I am not for the hoopla that an established GM needs to be hired... but someone with balls who is not afraid to tell an afluent midget that he needs to come back down to Earth would be the ideal scenario.

You seem to want to ignore people we have in the organization simply because of guilt by association. No matter the guy has only been here two years and isn't much responsible for the mess that we have here.

That's an absurd interpretation of what I wrote.

Wait, didn't you give Vinny credit for selecting the WCO? Would that be something that Snyder came up with?
Does it really matter whose idea it was originally? Dan had the final say and he didn't just rubber stamp it.
I think it is bloody obvious that just about every decision in the past couple of years has Vinny's fingerprints all over it, including how he handled Zorn. I think Sonny really articulated my thoughts on that matter.
I don't believe that Vinny so much as orders Chinese take out without Dan's full approval.
You can disagree all you want, but it is hard to build anything coherent if you are changing everything every couple of years. Snyder this time around at least learned that you need some continuity. We'll see what direction he wants to go in at the end of the season.
Why would you want to maintain continuity with people who lack the experience or intelligence to make sound decisions? Who do we have in the orgainzation who can compete with Belichick's combination of intelligence and football experience as a basis for decision making, for example? Dan? Vinny? Morroco Brown?

Change has already happened. You are just blind to it right now.

I don't want change just for the sake of change. I want better decision making which requires someone with football coaching experience who is also very bright.

From article:

And no matter how much Cerrato asserts he gave Zorn a playoff-caliber team, Cerrato soiled the bed by not addressing obvious needs on the line over the past two off seasons, despite injuries and major surgeries to starters.

JJ - I think you just helped the folks at NFL Films title the Washington Redskins 2009 Yearbook DVD:

Cerrato Soiled the Bed

That's an absurd interpretation of what I wrote.

Does it really matter whose idea it was originally? Dan had the final say and he didn't just rubber stamp it.

I don't believe that Vinny so much as orders Chinese take out without Dan's full approval.

Why would you want to maintain continuity with people who lack the experience or intelligence to make sound decisions? Who do we have in the orgainzation who can compete with Belichick's combination of intelligence and football experience as a basis for decision making, for example? Dan? Vinny? Morroco Brown?

I don't want change just for the sake of change. I want better decision making which requires someone with football coaching experience who is also very bright.

What's made you so grumpy OldFan ;)?!

Sorry but firing Zorn now would be just stupid. It would accomplish nothing but create more turmoil and make prospective replacements more wary of working with Snyder.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Fire Vinny... NOW and focus on finding a real GM. THAT'S what good prospective coaches want to see. Doing it now would give the new GM time to evaluate the team and create a plan for the off-season.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... The only thing dumber than Snyder is the fans.

BTW, do you know how I know Vinny is an incompetent moron? Because like so many fans on this board, he actually believed playcalling was the problem. I expect that from fans. But I expect the guy in charge of the team to know better. :doh:

Archived