Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Defense quit for the season or just this week?

skinsfanno9

While our secondary deserves a lot of blame. Haynsworths arrival has meant more pressure on the QB but it also means more running backs getting to the second level on our defense. Under Gregg we stopped the run priority #1 and everybody on the team tackled. The skins lack dicipline Blache and Gray should be put on notice.

The D is doing the best that they can. Its the offenses fault for sucking so bad that the Defense plays 40 minutes of the 60. Of course the other teams are going to score when the defense gets tired. You cant blame the defense for how the season has turned out so far

we beat maybe the two worst teams in the league at home by a combined 5 points. If we played either the rams or the bucs on the road we would have lost. To everyone blaming the offense, yes it's bad, probably the worst in the league, but even if the offense was as good as the defense we'd still be no better than 3-5, and probably the same 2-6. We've had the easiest schedule so far which is why, even at 2-6, our record is INFLATED:doh:. I'd be very surprised if we won another game all year. This team doesnt just suck, it's agonizingly pathetic. every aspect is pathetic. Just look at how they lost that panthers game. The blocker gets shoved into the returner on a fair catch, are you ****ing kidding me? They face a big running back like turner, he averages 10 YPC, no one wants to tackle him.

Did they give up? who knows, but it doesnt matter anyway. They'd be 4-12 or worse if they tried their hardest. once again, they're not only bad, they're stupid and pathetic. we've known this for weeks though. it's Time to look forward to the offseason and hope that snyder gives us a reason to be optimistic about 2010. honestly, even if we played all of our young backups, we wouldnt know how good they are because the coaching staff is so inept.

end of rant.

The defense was grossly overrated from the beginning of the season.

I'm just glad to see Blache wasting the bye week defending our POS owner instead of preparing the team and helping them to work on basic techniques and fundamentals that they should already know. Only in Washington, where a team is 2-5 and spiraling out of control, would you see this type of "prioritizing". Not surprised by the results on the field.

The Skins back 7 has Guys Who Can Tackle (led by London, Orakpo, Rocky, Doughty and Carlos) and Guys Who Can't Tackle (featuring Hall and Landry, with random appearances by a couple other guys each week). Carlos is also a featured member of another group, "Guys Who Can't Catch a Football Using a Very Large Net," but that's another post.

Bizarrely, the coaching staff doesn't seem to notice any difference between the two groups.

When I become king, Hall and Landry will be out of town so fast you'll see blurry cartoon lines trailing after them.

Blache's scheme sucks. Period. The players are out of position constantly. The 10 yard WR/CB cushion is appalling. We never blitz when we need to and when we do, they are poorly designed.

Their needs to be a complete culling of the coaching staff including our beloved Dannyboy apologist DC.

Agreed. Boy! Do I wish Dan would have treated Gregg Williams with the respect he deserved. I think we would be better on defense, and as a team in general.:doh:

This defense sucks. It's just that our offense sucks worse.

Seriously, a good defense doesn't let Detroit go 99 yards for a TD. A good defense doesn't get down 27-7 to Philly. A good defense stops the lowly Chiefs when it matters. A good defense doesn't give up a 60 yard run today just when the team looks like it has somehow climbed back into the ballgame.

This is not a good defense. In fact, it's a very, very bad defense. And it's still the strongest part of the Redskins team - that's how badly we suck.

Maybe you guys are right - perhaps the defense didn't quit. You are essentially saying they sucked from the get-go, but it wasn't as noticeable due to playing sub-par teams. That's a reasonable position I suppose.

But it really looked to me like they had a total lack of effort on a number of those running plays. Are you really saying they've had a total lack of effort on the defense all year?

I don't think it's lack of effort; it seems to be over estimation of their abilities.

The D is doing the best that they can. Its the offenses fault for sucking so bad that the Defense plays 40 minutes of the 60. Of course the other teams are going to score when the defense gets tired. You cant blame the defense for how the season has turned out so far

I'm sick of this excuse. They gave up points on the first drive of the game. This has happened at least the last two weeks. They were barely on the field in the 3rd quarter but managed to allow Turner to gash them when he needed to.

Like some others mentioned, the most glaring issues is that our secondary can't tackle. Landry takes horrible angles and Hall whiffs a lot.

Blache's scheme sucks. Period. The players are out of position constantly. The 10 yard WR/CB cushion is appalling. We never blitz when we need to and when we do, they are poorly designed.

Their needs to be a complete culling of the coaching staff including our beloved Dannyboy apologist DC.

Yep that Cushion got exposed (Once again). Hell Matt Ryan went Back to Back passes on that cushion. When the hell will Blache learn??? Atlanta coulda picked that thing apart for 40 minutes up and down the field, then again RB Turner mighta got pissed cause he wouldn't have got his touches...

I don't think anybody fears the Redskins defense, but then again when has anybody had to play comeback against it? that never happens. this defense is always playing with its back against the wall and id like to see it just once protect a lead see if they really go after the QB. Blache needs to go. Not hiring Gregg Williams on as HC still makes me mad.

You could give the talent on this defense to another team and have the # 1 defense in football. Why can't we have it. >Blache<

And Gray :doh: How long has he been here? Our secondary was giving these 10yard cushions when GW was here as well. This dude is mentioned as the next interm coach:doh: He coaches the worst unit on our defense and he has talent to work with.

We are finally starting to play decent offenses. And, at some point, the defense is going to crack if the offense continually does nothing.

Broncos

Cowboys

Eagles

Saints

If we hold those teams to an average of 24, I think you can call us a good defense. I have a feeling that by the time the Saints game gets here, the defense is going to be exhausted.

Archived