Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Defense quit for the season or just this week?

skinsfanno9

The secondary quit for the season. Rogers is waiting for Free agency. Hall is still talking **** about the falcons and forgot about the actual game. Smoot is selling energy bars and getting old. Landry is buying pet monkeys getting lip piercings and hanging out at the blue oyster. And our other two safetys were UDFAs.

Offseason mission. Offensive line and secondary.

I am beginning to believe that London is starting to pack it in. His tackling totals have plummeted in three weeks, and he's no longer the beast that he was to begin the year.

His chance for Pro-Bowl is gone. The lack of any credibility by this team will prevent him from making the Pro Bowl. Everylone looks at the Redskins as a Joke anymore.. I honestly was hoping for the Falcons to hang 62 on them! Maybe then Snyder would be so embarrassed that he'd go into hiding FOREVER!!!!

Are you kidding me. They played fine. Offense score one more TD and Falcons would not ba able to run all day. That is their strenght. D intercepted the ball early but O did not capatilize. Com' On Man to everyone who bashes the D. They would bring many teams to the super bowl. #4 in the league in YPG and #2 in PYPG. RYPG inflated because teams run all day to waste time because our offense cannot score.

Are you kidding me. They played fine. Offense score one more TD and Falcons would not ba able to run all day. That is their strenght. D intercepted the ball early but O did not capatilize. Com' On Man to everyone who bashes the D. They would bring many teams to the super bowl. #4 in the league in YPG and #2 in PYPG. RYPG inflated because teams run all day to waste time because our offense cannot score.

Dude they STINK. A defense that can not tackle isn't playing fine. A defense who is supposed to be a strength of your team and can't come through and give up momentum is not fine.

Lay on the stats all you want. It didn't show up when Turner embarresed our Defense the first time and it was called back on a holding call. That doesn't take away the fact it looked like he was playing madden on easy.

We have the best secondary in football. I was excited about this site but cannot listen to retarded remarks. Skins are #2 in pass yards per game! Why would we change anything? Please explain how the D is to blame for any of the losses? Skins avg. 21 pts per game we are 6-2. Offese has gave up 7pts in first half and 14 against G-men in the first game not to mentionall the field position they have give up. Look at the stats, they do not lie!

What are you talking about? They were on the field all game. Look at the stats. They are a top five defense. The offense has no ball control. I do not understand how anyone can nash the D. Every analyst and every stat say their D is very good and would be better if the offense could score points and capatilize on their turnovers. Bash the offense all you want but give credit where credit is due. Yes, Hall and Landry misseed some tackles but why are they put in a position to tackle a RB like Turner ten to fifteen yards downfield? What CB can tackle Turner in the open field with him running full speed and CB just getting off his block. Look at the stats and what is going on before they are put in a losing battle downfield against top 5 RB.

We have the best secondary in football. I was excited about this site but cannot listen to retarded remarks. Skins are #2 in pass yards per game! Why would we change anything? Please explain how the D is to blame for any of the losses? Skins avg. 21 pts per game we are 6-2. Offese has gave up 7pts in first half and 14 against G-men in the first game not to mentionall the field position they have give up. Look at the stats, they do not lie!

The best secondary in football:hysterical: Do you honestly believe that? Nobody will argue with you and say our offense is worth a penny. If you think we have a elite type defense you are :silly:

Yes, I believe Blatche makes players play his system and not to players strenght but they still give the offense plenty of chances to tie and win games. Imagine being the D, how long are they supposed to last against NFL offenses. Imagine the D hearing fans saying its thier fault when they are at the top of the league and their record is 2-6. Look at other losing record teams, their D's are terrible. Thats why the SKins will rebound quick if not next year.

After yesterday:

#5 overall defense (YPG)

#1 overall pass defense (YPG)

#25 overall run defense (YPG)

^^^

That ain't good. Guys are seemingly having a real tough time getting off of blocks. Shedding a blocker to tackle the ball carrier. Often by the time a lineman has gotten off of a block, he barely has a chance to swipe at a runner's leg as he goes by. Rushers seem to frequently make it to the LB level. Insights?

What are you talking about? They were on the field all game. Look at the stats. They are a top five defense. The offense has no ball control. I do not understand how anyone can nash the D. Every analyst and every stat say their D is very good and would be better if the offense could score points and capatilize on their turnovers. Bash the offense all you want but give credit where credit is due. Yes, Hall and Landry misseed some tackles but why are they put in a position to tackle a RB like Turner ten to fifteen yards downfield? What CB can tackle Turner in the open field with him running full speed and CB just getting off his block. Look at the stats and what is going on before they are put in a losing battle downfield against top 5 RB.

Dude it wasn't one occasion. Hall has not been able to tackle all year. Landry has played some of the worst football a saftey has played in Washington. He looks as bad as Archulleta. RBs have gotten to the second level every week. We have played the worst teams in the league to pad our stats that don't lie.

i think our defense has mailed it in and its only going to get worse. the defense knows that the offense is so terrible it doesnt matter what they do, theyre going to lose.

our secondary is struggling, our dline and LB look lost in run support, nobody is tackling well, guys just dont care. it sucks, but the wind has been sucked out of all of them.

this whole thing needs to be blown up and quick.

Mort, Gruden, Jackson, Aikmen, and every fantasy predictor say the Skins D is a must play if the offense can hold the ball. If the offense will stop turning it over we have a chance. I am asking you to look at the stats. Skins allow under 20pts per game. Take out our offenses turnover we avg 15 pts per game. That is dominate. The offense had the ball in the fourth quarter against the G-men to tie. The same deal against eagles untill El fumbled. I understand how hard it is to watch people miss tackles but the misses are in the open field, ten to fifteen yards downfield, after coming off a block. Orackpo is out of position but if he can learn the LB position he will be All-Pro. There is no evidence of drafting any defenders unless it is DL b/c Daniels, Carter are getting old.

Our DB's are so far downfield, and yet some wonder why Hall et al cant run up and tackle a 230 pound runner. Move all those guys up like teams do to us, and tackling a guy just getting the ball is a lot easier then when they are breaking into the secondary at full speed.

Our passive scheme sucks, the players know it and they play emotionless. The scheme makes us play afraid of even a QB in his first game.

This scheme only works if all players never make a mistake. Mistakes happen, this defense always gives up a big play. And early scores, gives up field position, doesnt blitz, doesnt press, doesnt generate turnovers.

Giants were on a roll in the beginging. Carolina has best RB combo. Stl. has Jackson. I know we have not played good teams but the D is on the field for 45 minutes a game. NFL is to intense to play that long. They need a rest. El fimbl;ing after D shuts down eagles. Same in Carolina. take out those plays and wins are more than capable. I agree that at the ends of games D looks flat but I cannot put it on them. We have a good D which is why we will be 500 next year and win superbowl in five years. OL is killing offense.

D made a big play early yesterday only to see Davis miss a catch that turned into six. BHall said he wanted to come to the Skins b/c D scheme lets players make plays. Losing effects the whole team. D has no confidence but deserves the credit. I am as fustated as you but cannot go after the D untill the offense scores 27 pts and we lose unless it is Campbell throwing picks for TDs. Oh yea, it was not his fault yestareday

I guess you didnt hear yesterday's announcers speaking about how Blache needs to do what Atlanta's defense did, attack and press and score TD's. Two different guys bashed us for being so passive, but not so harshly.

How do you expect Hall and everyone else to tackle Turner when they start every play so far downfield? You will certainly agree its easier to tackle a back at the LOS then when at full speed 10 yds downfield.

Sure Landry takes horrible angles, he needs to be at strong safety.

The only stat that matters is wins. The defense stats you name obviously reflect we may have had the easiest schedule to start the year, in NFL history.

Our defense is NOT good. In this case the stats are lying to you. A good defense does not give up MONSTER plays. A good defense gets off the field on third downs. A good defense does not allow a 58 yard TD run after the Offense just got the team back to within 7 points.

The scheme of this defense is all wrong. Orakpo standing up playing linebacker, Wilson Covering Gonzalez. Every third and 5 or less play the DBS playing 8-12 yards outside leverage coverage. Guys getting behind the DBS even when they play that far off and the angles these guys take are terrible. I have never seen such poor angles in my life.

Mort, Gruden, Jackson, Aikmen, and every fantasy predictor say the Skins D is a must play if the offense can hold the ball. If the offense will stop turning it over we have a chance. I am asking you to look at the stats. Skins allow under 20pts per game. Take out our offenses turnover we avg 15 pts per game. That is dominate. The offense had the ball in the fourth quarter against the G-men to tie. The same deal against eagles untill El fumbled. I understand how hard it is to watch people miss tackles but the misses are in the open field, ten to fifteen yards downfield, after coming off a block. Orackpo is out of position but if he can learn the LB position he will be All-Pro. There is no evidence of drafting any defenders unless it is DL b/c Daniels, Carter are getting old.

we've played the rams, bucs, panthers, cheifs, and the lions. those five teams are ranked 21, 25, 26, 28, and 30th on offense. Additionally, no team has to rack up YARDS on this team, they just have to hold the ball. forget about the yards, it's irrelevant. if you cant see that our defense's statistics are totally inflated by watching the games there's really nothing i can tell you except to watch for what happens over these next few weeks as we plummet down the defensive rankings. the only offense we've played all year that was even in the top 15 was the giants. give me a break. the whole team sucks, including the defense.

The stats say we won the Time of Possession battle by over 7 minutes yeaterday. We also won it by over 3 and a half minutes over Philly and were winning it against Carolina until the D let themselves get run over for the last 6 minutes of that game.

It's amazing to me that, following a game in which the defense gives up a 75 yard TD drive on the opening possession of the game and then gives up the back-breaking TD drive after they had been sitting on the bench for 15 of the first 17 minutes of the second half, people can actually come here and claim the reason they were bad was because "they were on the field too long".

remember last year at this point... we looked untouchable, all cylinders we're go, D was clicking, O was clicking, JC wasn't terrible. We all had high hopes of playoffs and how far we would go...

one year later, our D gets run over weekly (honestly, we couldn't stop Detroit?), our O can't put up anything worth while (can't break 17 points a game?) special teams are no help... and our fearless leaders JC & JZ are no where to be found, no one is stepping up and claiming responsibility for the state of this team and someone needs to because heads should roll for an NFL team playing this bad.

Archived