Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dawgs Bark--Browns Fans are taking action (rebellion related) MET/multi-merged

afparent

i agree. i find it funny how everyone's like 'how do you still go to games?', well, i paid for the seats back in februrary. Its a little late to decid enow, unless i don't mind losing the money...

The question is...what will these people do when the renewal invoice is sent? That's when its possible to make a statement.

Long post, eloquently presented, too large to quote.

I fully agree with all that you wrote.

My personal belief is that all of these efforts at peaceful demonstration are like one of my favorite country sayings:

They are like peeing your pants in a dark suit. It may feel good but no one of consequence is going to notice.

Best idea for us would be FOR ALL OF US to wear shirts say.....

Danny and Vinny suck!!!!!!

That way either security doesn't let anyone in and the stadium is completely empty making Danny boy lose millions or we get our way and send him a message.

Either way we win and Danny loses.

Lol. Snyder would have a decision to make.

Guys remember we have players down on the field playing a game with no fans in the stands.

I think its just as embarrassing to them.

You may not have known this, but they still get paid. In fact, almost all of them wouldn't even be Redskins if someone else paid them more.

Guys remember we have players down on the field playing a game with no fans in the stands.

From my understand there will be t-shirts made prior to the walkout that state something like:

Walking out on Management Not Walking out on the players!

If my company has no clients, it's because my company is doing something wrong. This falls squarely on the company's shoulders...and EVERYONE knows it.

Ex-season ticket holder, from out-of-town - yeah I'd say you know the costs... ouch.

[Lots of eloquence cut out]

I have to admit to something else - I was pretty proud of the fans at the Eagles game, and not just because I was there (not at all) - because I expected to be sad by attendance. As many are saying, it would send a message to have an empty stadium. Isn't there a part of you, though, that appreciates the fact that fans show up to support a team that is in the dumps? Personally, I feel like this is an opportunity for fans to show if they're worth something. I totally get the logic of "sending a message to Snyder" and being a fan by doing that... but I also do have an appreciation for supporting the team even at this moment. Showing a loyalty to the Redskins as true family that you believe in and hope for, unconditionally. You can still disagree (and find ways to show that you disagree), but you probably can't walk out, even to send a message, if you think in those terms.

I think my personal reaction at not seeing nearly as many Eagles fans or empty seats as I expected was a bit of eye-opener for me. I also felt that Zorn spoke somewhat from the heart in his postgame comments when he was genuinely appreciative of fan support at the game (although he made a comment that he hoped it wasn't just because it was nationally televised; that fact did definitely create a big opportunity for spectacle).

I second MonteColeman51's kudos for this post. I was at the game Monday and was surprised by the turnout, and actually was proud of the Redskins fans for showing up so strongly despite the crapfest the season has been so far.

It gets to the dilemma we face as fans. How can you support the team and still voice dissatisfaction with management, without thinking yourself a fair-weather fan?

Lots of fans have faced long dryspells, so let's not fool ourselves into thinking we're unique in our suffering. Lots of fans have suffered through crappy management, too. I think we're all struggling with wanting to be fans of the team while voicing displeasure at the direction management has taken it.

Have you seen the stands at Fedex at kickoff? They are empty. Skins fans have apparently been trying this for years - just no one has noticed. Silly me...I've just been blaming traffic!

+1 you stole my thunder

The combination of people tailgating and the ineptitude of the people directing traffic and taking tickets sets up a situation like this past Monday night, when there were literally thousands of people outside the stadium at kickoff.

What I hear from some others I know who go to games - and probably a big part of why I go as well - is that there is still a connection to when we were young (the people I'm talking about are at various stages in their 30s) and dreaming of having season tickets and going to the games. That, combined with spending time with friends at a scheduled event (which makes it fun almost regardless of the product) is why we choose to continue going.

These are my feelings exactly. I don't remember the 1982 Super Bowl team, but I have very fond memories of both 1987 and 1991. Case in point...when I was a kid it was just understood that the Redskins were always going to be in the mix somewhere. We might not necessarily win the Super Bowl every year, but we were always hovering around. Speaking for myself, I waited too long to get season tickets to not go to the games, or to give them up. When I go in that stadium, hear that fight song, see those uniforms, and watch the games, I'm taken back to when I was a kid going to RFK. Back in those days you felt like you were a part of something greater than you...almost like being in church. Admittedly, FedEx's experience is not even comparable to RFK, but all of that comes right back to the surface on a Redskins' Sunday. It's the decision of each person if he wants to boycott or not, but not me. I refuse to allow some rich pr*ck to keep me from something that I love very dearly. I don't care if I'm the last guy in that stadium...I'll be there.

I am now an ex- season ticket holder, gave them up two seasons ago. I do know the costs associated, probably much more than most considering that my attendance required airline tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

With that said, only empty seats are going to send the message so many seem to want to send. It's not a matter of economics, the seats were paid for long ago. There are no additional financial facets to consider, no additional costs to incur.

It is a matter of economics as you said I already paid for my seats not going to the whole game is wasting money I already spent. I wont purchase anything inside the stadium but there is no way I won't go and sit. I am sure alot feel the same way. Not everyone but enough.

How dare the Browns completely rebuild their offensive line with a franchise LT in the lottery and Center in the first round and through FA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just a caveat for those of you who think a complete overhaul of our offensive our line is the right way to rebuild our team. ;)

How dare the Browns completely rebuild their offensive line with a franchise LT in the lottery and Center in the first round and through FA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just a caveat for those of you who think a complete overhaul of our offensive our line is the right way to rebuild our team. ;)

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you really think this team doesn't need to overhaul this O-line? Or are you just pointing out that it's not a magic bullet in every situation?

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you really think this team doesn't need to overhaul this O-line? Or are you just pointing out that it's not a magic bullet in every situation?
Bingo.

...you already figured it out. :)

I like the Browns fans idea! Showing any sort of unity as fans might show the team something as well:)

Anyone remember the movie, "Mystery Alsaska"??? When the fans read through the newspaper as the NY Rangers took the ice???

How about a spin; Read through programs (quietly) as the players take the field???

It was pretty funny in the movie...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4605603&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

BEREA, Ohio -- One of the most loyal Dawg Pounders is done barking about the sad state of his beloved Cleveland Browns. It's time to bite.

Lifelong Browns fan and season-ticket holder Mike Randall, aka "Dawg Pound Mike," is encouraging other Cleveland fans to stay away from their seats for the opening kickoff of the Browns' Nov. 16 home game against Baltimore.

Sickened by the nearly constant losing since the NFL team's return in 1999, Randall hopes the sight of empty seats for the start of the nationally televised Monday night game will send a loud message to owner Randy Lerner and club officials that fans have had enough.

"We're tired of losing," the 39-year-old Randall said. "We're tired of the booing, of seeing fans leave in the fourth quarter. There are fans who have had tickets for 30 years who are turning their seats in because they can't take it anymore. So many fans are fed up."

Randall and his friend, Tony Schafer, decided to go ahead with plans for the protest following last Sunday's 31-3 loss to the Green Bay Packers. As they walked out of the stadium, they heard fans grumbling about how they're wasting their Sundays and money.

Their hope is that fans stay outside the stadium, on concourses or in the restrooms for the start of the game.

The Akron Beacon-Journal first reported the protest, which Randall and Schafer announced on the Web site www.mobiledawg.com.

"We don't want to see fans with bags on their heads or booing," Randall said. "We love the Browns and will do anything to support them. But we're not being heard. Our goal is to say to the Browns' organization, 'Hey, listen to your fans."

Under first-year coach Eric Mangini, the Browns are 1-6 this season and have scored four offensive touchdowns in 81 possessions. Cleveland's defense is the league's worst.

Since coming back as an expansion team 10 years ago, the Browns are 55-113 with one playoff appearance and appear to be on their way to their eighth season of double-digit losses since '99.

Click Link for entire article....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm...To be a Washington DC area team and the fans not to practice their Democratic rights to protest against something they have been criticizing for years:doh:.....We should do the same....I love the fan cards idea...a protest would be wonderful...:laugh:

Archived