Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dawgs Bark--Browns Fans are taking action (rebellion related) MET/multi-merged

afparent

This was a good post in response to my post...

Like you said, I too am not in favor of the proposed "protests", "chants", etc.

But I am a "FAN"...I bleed burgandy and gold and when the Skins lose it ruins my week. But if I were in the area enough to go to all the games, my PURPOSE for going would be to simply "cheer on" our team.

And when you mention the "direction we are headed"...I actually LIKE the direction we are headed...we all KNOW that Zorn is out...ALOT of the main stay players the last few years are out too...at the very worst we WILL have a BRAND NAME Head Coach here next year with a PROVEN track record...my guess is Vinny will be out too...

Top 10 pick in the draft...

Top 5 defense already in place...Carlos Rogers can take his "stone hands" else where...

Super Bowl winning coach...Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher...

But for the next 9 games I will be cheering our team on...as a FAN

I know as a fan of this team its great to know there are fans out there like you that will still cheer when we are at our worst. I too am one of those fans. However, like I said before, Im still gonna voice my displeasure as well.

You say that you like the direction that we are headed. My only problem with it is that you are ASSUMING that Dan has learned his lesson. If he has learned his lesson it will only be because of the embarrassment that this season and the 2nd half of last season has brought. You have to ask yourself then, why was it so embarrassing. This team has had ugly losses before and ugly seasons before. But no season has been so embarrassing to the owner than this one. And the reason for that is that the fans sense of helplessness for the past decade have finally resulted in them voicing their displeasures towards the owner in a very loud and profound way. These are true, die hard, bleed burgundy and gold fans as well.

Every fan out there is HOPING that we will be headed in the right direction after such an embarassing season. We are in need of a fairly deep offensive rebuild. Like you said our D is intact, we just need a few players here and there while we rebuild the Off. over the next couple of seasons. But as long as Vinny is allowed to keep his job, as long as Dan puts his nose where it doesnt belong we will continue to be mediocre or less with no hope for the future. It has been a decade where Dan has played patchwork fantasy football with no foundation ever formed. And this is the first year that he has been truly embarrassed as the owner of this team. Lets hope he learned his lesson and we can cheer a winning team in the very near future. I know you just want to be a hard core die hard fan and thast cool man. Just please dont think though that you are a better one just because you refuse to voice displeasure. All of us on here are die hard fans bro, and I believe you might actually be the minority now.

...we all KNOW that Zorn is out...ALOT of the main stay players the last few years are out too...at the very worst we WILL have a BRAND NAME Head Coach here next year with a PROVEN track record...my guess is Vinny will be out too...

What - this will be the first time we've had a BRAND NAME Head Coach?

Let's say Cerrato's gone. Okay. So what? What makes you think that will help? Snyder will likely bring another puppet in here. Another "Executive Vice President of Football Operations" will be hired in 2010. :party:

It's like giving morphine to a cancer patient. It might make us feel better for a few months, but it's not going to solve anything long-term.

What - this will be the first time we've had a BRAND NAME Head Coach?

Let's say Cerrato's gone. Okay. So what? What makes you think that will help? Snyder will likely bring another puppet in here. Another "Executive Vice President of Football Operations" will be hired in 2010. :party:

It's like giving morphine to a cancer patient. It might make us feel better for a few months, but it's not going to solve anything long-term.

Perfect analogy. I've said it throughout this revolution that Snyder will try to package some sort of "change" as real change when in essence he is hiring another yes man. A "Vinny 2.0" so to speak.

Vinny could be fired from his position, but still be in the organization in some capacity, on the premise that "he has an eye for talent" or "our defense, built by Vinny, is one of the top ranked defenses". Vinny isn't going away, IMO.

Archived