Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From 2000 to Now: What has been your favorite Skins' Game

SIXX99

The playoff win. Only game that meant anything. Sad how the franchise and fan base has lower standards now.

Before we had the standards of the Lakers. Divisions were useless to us. Only the big prize. Now we remember a win in week 2 of a wild card playoff year as if it took us to the super bowl.

It stinks. But its reality. Tradition is only good if it is kept up. Our tradition is becoming like the native americans tribes.

Could not have said it better myself.

The one game that I would pick is probably the Dallas game in Washington 2007 where we clinched to get in. I know that they didn't need it, but we did. We held Marion Barber who was a pro bowl selection over portis that year to under a 1,000 yards. I think that we held them under 10 yards or something like that. It was really awesome! The Dallas game in 2005 here was also awesome because we rolled Dallas, but I really loved the Eagles game from that year in Philly because we needed that game to clinch and the Defense came up big for us and Sean Taylor scored his first professional TD.

Gibbs 3.0 you are right on the money. It is sad how far our team has fallen. I work in a school and more and more I see kids wearing out of town jerseys. I know this area is transplants, but growing up here you never really saw that at all! I would say that most of the kids growing up here it was about 80 percent Redskins fans. Now it seems more like 50-50. Sad to see.

Hard to name an absolute favorite here are some worth mentioning:

-Skins @ Dallas 05 (amazing)

-Giants/Skins 05 (portis and moss (3tds) both went off)

-Eagles/Skins 05 (to clinch the playoffs)

-Texans/Skins 06 (fun game, we were supposed to win, but very fun game to watch)

-Jax/Skins 06 (moss 3tds/ot win)

-Skins/Dallas 06 (blocked field goal)

-Vikings/Skins 07 (just a great game and performance)

-Skins/Dallas 07 (felt great to make the playoffs after ST's death)

I would agree, but that game was AWFUL until the end.

I would have to say the Dallas game where Sean picked up the blocked FG and Novak iced it.

Also, the Jacksonville game in 2006. That game was amazing, from start to finish. Moss 68 yards in OT.

Dallas in '07 is an honorable mention.

I agree 99% with your choices. The 07 game wasn't that memorable to me, but the blocked kick/taylor play is my favorite, and the Jacksonville catch from Brunell to Moss and the Dallas game with Moss' td's.. (not in any particular order)

Depends on what you mean: DURING the game or AFTER the game. My favorite game DURING the game was the second Dallas game in 2005 followed by the second Dallas game in 2007. An opponent I LOVE to beat got handed beat downs in games where pretty much I was relaxin' in the second half. Now, the first Dallas game in 2005 was probably the best Redskin-fan 5 minutes since 2000. Close games just wear me out!

The Monday Night Miracle was good for the ending, but as for an entire game Id have to say the 49ers game from the same year. We trashed them in every aspect of the game something we hadnt seen in a while and well since.

At least for that week it was looking like the old Gibbs was back.

These are all tied for first:

2005 Redskins @ eagles - Playoff clincher, ST dives into the end zone to seal it

2005 Redskins @ cowboys - Monday Night Miracle, enough said

2005 cowboys @ Redskins - 35-7, pounded dallas

2005 giants @ Redskins - Just went off on the giants

2005 Redskins @ Buccaneers - PLAYOFF WIN, ST fumble return for TD

2006 cowboys @ Redskins - Troy Vincent blocks FG, ST returns, Nick Novak wins it.

2007 - cowboys @ Redskins - 27-6, playoff clincher at home AGAINST DALLAS

I really just can't decide.

I really like the Game in Philly, when we cliched the playoffs in the at 05-06 season. I've got this picture of Sean Taylor in my mind diving into the endzone. Great moment.

This is the one that immediately comes to mind for me too! His best play as as a Redskins:eaglesuck

Cowboys game in Dec 2005....crowd really got into that "HEY! You Suck" Cheer. We both needed that game and the Skins totally owned them. Keyshawn pushing the camera away at the end of the game and the Dallas fan falling asleep during Betts' TD made the win sweeter.

35-7. I like to think of that as the one time I got to personally experience the magic of Joe Gibbs. It also put an end to my childhood tradition of always going to the Dallas game and always losing badly. Those crappy 90's teams stunted my growth as a fan. The 35-7 game made me the diehard I was born to be.

Is there any other reason I would still remember who Dmitri Patterson is?

#1 22-19 win over dallas

#2 monday night miracle

#3 victory over tampa in the playoffs

#4 victory over philly to clinch playoff berth

#5 35-7 beatdown of dallas

#6 beating giants in the meadowlands during the 07 playoff run

#7 36-35 loss to tampa

#8 lavar ending aikmans career

#9 skins win 36-30 over jax in ot

#10 31-7 win over giants at home in 04

not too many memorable wins with 17 at the helm. sorry lionel.

Monday Night Miracle hands down. My daughter stayed up with me to watch that game. I remember being so frustrated about how we couldn't even muster any points with less than 5 minutes against those Scum Bags and told her to just go pick a different fav. team to root for, and how she was brainwashed by me cause I always watch Redskin football. She gave me this speech how win or lose this is our team and she'll never root for any other. Then It happened!!!!

I really like the Game in Philly, when we cliched the playoffs in the at 05-06 season. I've got this picture of Sean Taylor in my mind diving into the endzone. Great moment.

I was at that game and it was wonderful. When Sean picked up that football you could have heard a pin drop in that stadium. And then when he scored all you could see was a bunch of green jerseys shuffling out of the stadium. Someone then started a "6 and 10" chant and all the Skins fans left were screaming their hearts out. What an amazing game.

Having said that I'm not sure whether anything could beat that miracle in Dallas.

Archived