Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Presser

TK

"when your a playcaller, your not just grab-bagging"

"I didnt see any of the players looking back at me and saying, what???"

Says thats why he won't second guess plays from sherm.

Decisions to go for it on 4th down will still be his decision

So the team doesnt know who's going to be their QB going into Sunday, the team isn't familiar with their new playcaller and the playcaller isn't familiar with the team and the plays, and the the team doesn't even know if the head coach will be here next week. We're really setting ourselves up for a huge win next week!

Lewis was the only one considered because Lewis was brought in by Vinny. Dan is going to let Vinny's fate hang on how this all plays out. At the Bye, look for Zorn to be gone, Gray to be named Interim HC (also allows for him to interview for HC vacancy to comply with the Rooney Rule) but I strongly doubt he'll be allowed to pull a Mike Singletary & end up the new, official coach. But he'll most likely end up as a HC elsewhere. This will then open the door for Shanny as GM & HC.

Since when did he start calling Mr. Snyder Danny?

Good way to tweak the owner and still not trigger any "conduct detrimental" clause in his contract.

Danny boy insists on "Mr. Snyder", even back in the Snyder Communications days when he was not even 30.

Guys we don't NEED "nice guys". I'm so sick of people saying "i really feel bad for Zorn, he's such a nice guy."

You can both realize that Zorn isn't that great of a coach, and realize that he's a decent guy who doesn't deserve to be skewered like this in a public forum at the same time. Those observations are not mutually exclusive.

Guys we don't NEED "nice guys". I'm so sick of people saying "i really feel bad for Zorn, he's such a nice guy."

We NEED a coach that is a hardass but fair and is going to motivate the players, and make good decisions. How many times do I have to say this??

Agreed. I don't feel bad for him at all, I feel bad for what the Washington Redskins has become. He stunk it up and is gone.

you are not funny or cool, and you should probably not be using terms like bamma ... you just shouldn't. stop saying "oh hellzzz no" also ...mmkay.

have a heart man, this is tough.

Whats pathetic is the fact I spend thousands of dollars on tickets to see the worst team in the NFL. And a Joke of a organization.. Again, my fault for even contributing to danny's pocket for this joke of a team.

Danny wrecked this man's once promising career, a lot of Skins fans feel for you Jim, hope you can pick up somewhere else or got enough of Snyder loot to retire.

A 55 year old position coach who was in no consideration to be promoted isn't the definition of 'once promising career'. Let's not make a martyr of Jim Zorn please. Helluva guy, helluva bad coach.

Oops, I didn't see a thread on it and was over in my own little world on a thread!:silly:

Strongly suggested by Vinny that Zorn make a play call change. Zorn thought about it and he complied with it. Not an easy thing. Will game plan with full offensive staff. Sherm will get up to speed and have input on passing game. He will be in press box and call plays Monday night. Zorn will be relaying the play. Zorn will decide who will start at QB.

Zorn is looking for a spark in the offense. Willing to give play calling up to do that.

No one else on staff considered for play calling.

Archived