Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What trade moves do you think the skins will make, if any this Tuesday?

Demicidal

Arch's hit was going to be in the millions and the FO was able to reduce it to half a mil.

I don't mean to insult your expertise in the cap business. I'm sure your working experience in the industry looks very impressive on any resume.

In years past you could reduce the cap hit in the current year by taking the hit after June 1. The current year is the last year of the current CBA and because it is the last year you can not defer any cap hit in future years. Ergo you have to take any release fee due on a player RIGHT NOW.

For all practical purposes we are unable to trade any players of any worth because we do not have the cap space to do so. You might wish it was otherwise but it is not.

Tell me what player you want to trade and explain how we would deal with the release fee that would result and I'm all ears.

In years past you could reduce the cap hit in the current year by taking the hit after June 1. The current year is the last year of the current CBA and because it is the last year you can not defer any cap hit in future years. Ergo you have to take any release fee due on a player RIGHT NOW.

For all practical purposes we are unable to trade any players of any worth because we do not have the cap space to do so. You might wish it was otherwise but it is not.

Tell me what player you want to trade and explain how we would deal with the release fee that would result and I'm all ears.

As for any proposed trades, do a search on my alias and look up the threads that I have started. Be sure to read the entire thread on my thoughts.

An honest opinion - we won't see any trades and I see it as a moot point anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing at least one trade go down though.

As for any proposed trades, do a search on my alias and look up the threads that I have started. Be sure to read the entire thread on my thoughts.

An honest opinion - we won't see any trades and I see it as a moot point anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing at least one trade go down though.

Lets keep this simple. Do you understand the point I am making about the cap implications of trading a player? If so do you accept that it is a practical impossibilty to trade anybody of any value this year?

Honestly, I would be happy if we traded ANY player on our team besides for Cooley and Orakpo if offered a halfway decent draft pick.

Cooley would be one of the first to go if I were coach. We have Fred Davis who has great physical ability and has never really had the chance to start and prove himself. The only players I would not trade are Orakpo and Haynesworth (depending on what the offer is for Al). We need more than one first round pick this year worse than any year I can remember.

Lets keep this simple. Do you understand the point I am making about the cap implications of trading a player? If so do you accept that it is a practical impossibilty to trade anybody of any value this year?

I made it as simple as possible. Until a trade actually happens, no one knows what the cap hit (or lack thereof) will be and trying to discuss each and every scenario would take years. Head on over to Hyde Park and try to preach to the masses there - maybe they will listen.

I dont think they'll do anything. They have to keep what little they have in terms of picks for the next regime. They dont have many players in that middle of the career phase where someone would be willing to make a draft pick for player trade to supplement a playoff run this season.

There's quite a few young guys worth keeping, there's very few youngish solid talent guys like Cooley, and then there's a bunch of useless aging talent you could never get value for.

This is yet another reason why you dont build a team the way the Skins do. We're full of guys who're past their peak or who haven't peaked yet and wont by the time the older guys drop off.

We always seem to lack those guys in the prime of their careers who can carry the young guys and spell the old guys to keep them fresh.

I will say this. Counting on all draft picks to build a team is as assanine as signing every over the hill free agent there is because they made an impact somewhere sometime in there carreers. I also think rebuilding at this point is crap we are having a problem on offense Our defense is doing just fine. in fact i think they deserve another round for what they did last week 5 sacks constant pressure and Haynesworth was what he is a monster that demands a double freeing up the dogs to run right at the QB. If we were struggiling on both sides of the ball i would concur with blowing it up but not now not with this defense. Honsetly in the range of sacks and turnovers we seem ( dont have stats on me) to be doing better than any time in recent memory. Maybe someone new calling the plays will be whats needed to turn things around then again maybe not but i would rather see that then talent just thrown out so we can have 27 draft picks out of which maybe 1-2 will turn out to be worth anything. remember for every tom brady you find in the draft you find about a thousand ryan leafs.

I think there are players available in FA that are as good as anyone we could trade for. I like the Garcia idea mentioned in another thread. Maybe we could bring in Marvin Harrison, if only for the work ethic he could instill in our youngsters.

I'd def trade JC for whatever we can get' date=' cus lord knows he's gone after this season and we'll get nothing for him. Same goes for Carlos.[/quote']

We could trade JC - his release fee is just over $1M, however what do you realistically expect we could get for him? Not much if anything is my guess.

Rogers would cost us well over $3M in a cap hit right now to release so that not possible as we only have $1.7M and we are about at the end of our rope in terms of having players with high basic salaries we can restructure to make cap room.

campbell, rogers, or anybody else that we could net something for. this season is over and we need a massive lot of draft picks next season.

BLC....a lot of times I have read your posts and done this :doh: a lot. In this case though I agree with you all the way.

This team needs to call the Pittsburgh Pirates and find out how to do fire sale trades in a hurry.

Archived