Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What trade moves do you think the skins will make, if any this Tuesday?

Demicidal

Knowing Snyder I believe he'll try and divert SOME attention away from the F.O, and coaching staff by trading for some players.

The question is, who is it going to be?

And

Who do you want?

I heard the Bucs are looking to deal M. Clayton WR, but I'd only give up a 5th maybe 4 for him.

*** Also, who you wanna SEE be traded? I think we could trade JC for maybe a 6th or 7th pick. His gone this off season might as well get a pick for him.

We might as well see what we can get out of Portis and Moss. We might be lucky to get 3rd rounders for them, but Portis will be absolutely done by the time we're ready to be competitive again. I love them both as redskins but I think it is better for them and us if we part ways. Put them on competitive teams so they have a shot at the super bowl and give us picks so we can build our future.

I'm with you 100%, that's just been the talks last week.

Quinns mediocre at best.

Personally I wanna trade away all our dead weight, players that we KNOW wont be starters next season, and just put young kids in there. Have Colt gain some playing experience. He can't do worse then JC or TC, and even if he DOSE atleast he has a excuse, he has NO NFL EXPERIENCE.

We might as well see what we can get out of Portis and Moss. We might be lucky to get 3rd rounders for them, but Portis will be absolutely done by the time we're ready to be competitive again. I love them both as redskins but I think it is better for them and us if we part ways. Put them on competitive teams so they have a shot at the super bowl and give us picks so we can build our future.

Great idea, but it won't happen.

That would signify we are doing the nasty r word. Rebuilding.

That would prove Vinny is a dumbass, and might cost him his job.

And even the mere potential loss of concession sales from such actions would keep Dan awake for weeks.

Hopefully any trading that occurs for us involves only us moving players out for picks.

We should try for at least double digit draft picks next year.

It would help out the new coach and GM a lot.

Thats what I'm hoping for. I could part with almost half our starters; Portis, Moss, ARL, Betts, JC, TC, Montgomery, Griffin, McIntosh(Though I like McIntosh, if I could get a decent pick for him, I'd trade him), Hell Casey is getting old, I'd toss him in there too.

Honestly, I would be happy if we traded ANY player on our team besides for Cooley and Orakpo if offered a halfway decent draft pick.

I'd keep Cooley, Carter, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Golston, Dockery, Heyer, Colt, Orakpo, Horton, Landry, Rogers(He has bricks for hands, but atleast he tackles, unlike D.Hall)

the only move im happy with is vinny leaving this organiztion.. reason when gibbs was rehired to be the redskins coach again, and vinnyspersonnel decisions were given up to gibbs, we were int he right path.. now its lookin like the era after the 92 again. so sad... it will be a new coach every year or two and shuffling qbs week to week or even quarter to quarter... soon we'll be callin up danny wuerfful and even he was say no thanks... jeff george says if he is on the vikes with ap and their potent defense he could take them to the promise land.... i wonder if he is still available... again!!!

The goal should be to trade for draft picks - no to chasing players who may not have an impact here.

Exactly. In re-building the Capitals, Ted Leonsis' philosophy was to look to get a pick and a prospect out of every trade. He believes in accumulating lots and lots of cheap young talent because you're bound to find some solid contributors in there somewhere, then once the core's in place go find a few veterans to fill in the holes (this is strikingly similar to what some people would call a "successful teambuilding philosophy" -- "some people" being everyone except Snyderatto).

While football and hockey are quite different, I think we could definitely pick up some mid-round draft picks for some of our players. I never ever thought I'd say this, but I wouldn't be against trading Portis and/or Santana if we could get something decent for em. I would say ARE and Campbell as well, but I don't think ARE would bring in a high enough pick to make it worth the loss (we still need someone to catch balls for the rest of the season) and the fact that JC's contract is up at the end of this season would diminish a lot of teams' potential interest. And in every trade we should be looking to get a young guy with some upside, no matter how little they've done in the league so far.

But the bottom line is that the re-building probably won't and probably shouldn't begin until we get a new GM/whatever-Cerrato's-title-is and coaching staff in place.

This is gonna be interesting.

Archived