Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What trade moves do you think the skins will make, if any this Tuesday?

Demicidal

I'd keep Cooley, Carter, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Golston, Dockery, Heyer, Colt, Orakpo, Horton, Landry, Rogers(He has bricks for hands, but atleast he tackles, unlike D.Hall)

I would cut Heyer, i wouldn't even bother with a trade

Thats what I'm hoping for. I could part with almost half our starters; Portis, Moss, ARL, Betts, JC, TC, Montgomery, Griffin, McIntosh(Though I like McIntosh, if I could get a decent pick for him, I'd trade him), Hell Casey is getting old, I'd toss him in there too.

the salary cap makes anything like that impossible during the season.

Everybody involved in Extremeskins knows that we dont want over priced almost has beens, we need draft picks to rebuild, this question is moot, we cant afford to trade off our good players who are worth anything, and who would want our players who are not worth anything. So I guess we are stuck for the time being.

Trade off anyone and everyone (But Cooley) for draft picks.

I like Moss, Portis, and Orakope, but if the right deal falls our way, they can be moved off too.

If we are looking at a new coach, draft picks make the deal more attractive, and we need all the selling points we can get considering the "condition of our condition"

the salary cap makes anything like that impossible during the season.

Thank God there is at least one person living on planet Earth. We just don't have cap space to make any moves even if that would make sense.

If we trade players because there is no new CBA in place we have to take the full cap hit right now. We currently have about $1.7M of space to play with.

Trading Carlos Rogers would cost us a $3.8M release fee for example. Clinton Portis would cost us more than $13M, Landry more than $7M, Moss more than $7M and so on.

About the only players we could move are Golston or Monty both of whom have no cap hit. You MIGHT get say a 6th rounder for Golston but Monty is hurt so probably has no trade value right now.

Face it guys we have to play with the hand we have even if it stinks. Save any trade ideas for the Madden thread.

If there is no new CBA next year and thus no salary cap that would at least give a new GM (I'm dreaming I know) and coach the opportunity to blow the roster up but I'm expecting slim picking in free agency next year with no salary cap.

The goal should be to trade for draft picks - no to chasing players who may not have an impact here.

I'm inclined to agree with this, but the idea of getting Dorsey sounds appealing to me. OL obviously is a huge problem, but I think Dorsey in a 43 defense with Albert would be devastating.

Carlos Rogers, DeAngelo Hall, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Samuels,

Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Fred Davis, Ladell Betts, Albert Haynesworth, Laron Landry, Randle El, Sean suisham, Justin Tyron,

Get rid of them all in exchange for a 12 pack of beer.

Carlos Rogers, DeAngelo Hall, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Samuels,

Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Fred Davis, Ladell Betts, Albert Haynesworth, Laron Landry, Randle El, Sean suisham, Justin Tyron,

Get rid of them all in exchange for a 12 pack of beer.

OK...you sig says "hate the owner, not the team"...yet, you post this? Huh?

As for any cap hit(s), that can easily be side-stepped a la Archuletta. If a potential Super Bowl contender wants to trade for one of our players, the player could do a cap friendly restructuring and sign a new deal with the team offering a trade.

You clearly dont understand how the cap works or you misunderstand the issue.

It does not matter what new contract the player signs with the team who trade for him, what matters is that we have to take the cap hit RIGHT NOW based on the unexpired bonus payments on the players current contract with us. You can't ship that hit with the player and any new contract does no change it.

Again, we have $1.7M of space and the way we have done contracts means that there are large release fees for almost all of our players of any possible trade value.

I dont want to let reality get in the way of creative thinking but I'm afraid thats life.

You clearly dont understand how the cap works or you misunderstand the issue.

It does not matter what new contract the player signs with the team who trade for him, what matters is that we have to take the cap hit RIGHT NOW based on the unexpired bonus payments on the players current contract with us. You can't ship that hit with the player and any new contract does no change it.

Again, we have $1.7M of space and the way we have done contracts means that there are large release fees for almost all of our players of any possible trade value.

I dont want to let reality get in the way of creative thinking but I'm afraid thats life.

Arch's hit was going to be in the millions and the FO was able to reduce it to half a mil.

I don't mean to insult your expertise in the cap business. I'm sure your working experience in the industry looks very impressive on any resume.

Archived