Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Rip Off Al Davis

method man

A lot of us are talking about trading Landry because we have depth at his spot who can replace him and we are really in need of some high picks with our multiple needs at every position on the OLine except LG, QB, LB, and DT.

I really do believe that we can get a 2nd round pick out of Landry and I feel that Al Davis is the perfect trade partner, because he would absolutely fall in love with Landry due to his measurables. Davis's safeties are average and Landry would fit in somewhere on his team.

Furthermore, I believe even if we don't get that 2nd round pick out of Davis, perhaps we can coax him out of his starting left tackle Mario Henderson, who is a highly underrated player and one of the better tackles in the game.

This would be like how we dealt with Mike Shanahan in the past. Shanahan, himself, was a bad GM but he knew that Gibbs was even worse than him so he took advantage of him. Similarly, while Dan and Vinny may suck, there are a few worse FO people out there who they can rip off

I thought with Danny Boy we had the Al Davis of the East Coast, I think Landry is ok, with a new HC comes a new DC, maybe a new DC will improve him, although I do believe that with a new HC,OC,DC and STC, every player on the roster will have to prove themselves worthy of wearing the Burgandy and Gold

Landry has been the invisible man ever since his rookie year ended with the 2 pics in Seattle. I don't care that he's free or strong safety...he misses tackles. That has nothing to do with whether he's in the box or playing center field. He dives and misses guys in the open field. It's like having 10 guys on defense or only 3 DBs. I'm sick of watching him just whiff on people.

Trade him.

I think Moore could step in for him. I mean what exactly is it that Landry does for us? Moore hits hard, but probably won't miss as many tackles as Landry. His coverage skills probably aren't as good. I'd take a few more big plays if we could net at least a 2nd. I'd be happier if he was played around the line of scrimmage at his natural position.

Who are you guys trying to fool. We are talking about Dan and Vinny here. If anything, Al Davis would rip them off. :laugh:

You'd tune into our next game and see Jamarcus Russel as our starting QB, and the Raiders with our #1 draft pick for next year. :hysterical:

Davis would never go for Landry for a number 2. Remember, Davis choose Heyward-Bey as his number 1 and other really goofy picks. Landry actually is too certified a blue chipper. However, if we offer DT Montgomery with his reclamation reputation and high potential I think we could snare not one, but two first round draft picks. Al's got a thing for bad boys with an attitude.

Landry is having a down year, but still a pretty good safety with a lot of upside. A second rounder for him wouldn't be ripping them off, it would probably be fair market value. A first would be ripping them off.
You see it as Landry having a down year...a lot of people might see it as Landry developing very bad habits.

I for one am sick of seeing Landry going splat on his stomach with his hands out to the side after every play.

You know I remember people saying the same thing about Sean Taylor after his second year and how he hadn't played very well. He came out and had a pro bowl performance. I don't see how this "trade" would benefit the Redskins seeing as we just give away draft picks for players who are well past their prime and then we get rid of up coming players who go to other teams and win championships. Not that I think that the Raiders will win a championship anytime soon, but I don't think that it would be good to trade away one of the better players we have even though he is having a down year.

You know I remember people saying the same thing about Sean Taylor after his second year and how he hadn't played very well. He came out and had a pro bowl performance. I don't see how this "trade" would benefit the Redskins seeing as we just give away draft picks for players who are well past their prime and then we get rid of up coming players who go to other teams and win championships. Not that I think that the Raiders will win a championship anytime soon, but I don't think that it would be good to trade away one of the better players we have even though he is having a down year.

Bottom line is I'd rather have a potential franchise left tackle like Jason Fox over Laron Landry.

I swear redskins fans are stupid. Do you guys realize landry has been one of the best cover safties in nfl? theirs a reason teams dont complete deep passes on us and his name is landry.

Trading landry would result to our defense to allow big passes 2-3 times every game.

This season landry has allowed 66 yards in 4 games. All 66 yards came against the giants.

Landry is a solid FS one of the best cover safeties nfl has seen.

Landrys stats http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2009&surn=Landry&playerid=3622&group=7

Archived