Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Rip Off Al Davis

method man

I would hate to have to give landry up and see him become an Al pro somewhere else

It'd probably happen because they moved him someone inside 30 yards of the line of scrimmage. If the team would use the man properly, I'd want him here. But if the team is going to keep him 30 yards back strictly to prevent big plays, Moore can do that. The team could get someone else to do what we make him do. If isn't allowed to be a playmaker, the team should get a high pick and hopefully VC would use it to help rebuild the Oline.

if anything we should trade Chris Horton ... I love the predator, but we got him in the 7th and could net maybe a 3rd for him, he is pretty much a starter. That would be getting the better end of the deal.

Then move Landry to SS and let Kareem Moore play FS ... with Reed Doughty as the 3rd safety option (where Landry could play FS in a pinch or special situation package).

I agree Landry has had a down year, but its time we got more value than what we paid for. Its time we get value for a player we develop. Hell, I'd be open to trade Carlos Rogers right about now if it meant a 2nd round draft pick ... he's not gonna want to re-sign here anyway.

if anything we should trade Chris Horton ... I love the predator, but we got him in the 7th and could net maybe a 3rd for him, he is pretty much a starter. That would be getting the better end of the deal.

Then move Landry to SS and let Kareem Moore play FS ... with Reed Doughty as the 3rd safety option (where Landry could play FS in a pinch or special situation package).

Any chance of you taking over as the next GM? Dude's a flipping genius!

A lot of us are talking about trading Landry because we have depth at his spot who can replace him and we are really in need of some high picks with our multiple needs at every position on the OLine except LG, QB, LB, and DT.

I really do believe that we can get a 2nd round pick out of Landry and I feel that Al Davis is the perfect trade partner, because he would absolutely fall in love with Landry due to his measurables. Davis's safeties are average and Landry would fit in somewhere on his team.

Furthermore, I believe even if we don't get that 2nd round pick out of Davis, perhaps we can coax him out of his starting left tackle Mario Henderson, who is a highly underrated player and one of the better tackles in the game.

This would be like how we dealt with Mike Shanahan in the past. Shanahan, himself, was a bad GM but he knew that Gibbs was even worse than him so he took advantage of him. Similarly, while Dan and Vinny may suck, there are a few worse FO people out there who they can rip off

Replace a player you guys claimed better than Polamalu? :silly:

I agree Landry has had a down year, but its time we got more value than what we paid for. Its time we get value for a player we develop. Hell, I'd be open to trade Carlos Rogers right about now if it meant a 2nd round draft pick ... he's not gonna want to re-sign here anyway.

Horton is cheap, he is constantly making plays, has a great attitude, and wants to be here. So no.

Landry, on the other hand, blows the opportunities he has by his foolish tackling attempts, does not want to be here (according to insiders on the board), and is expensive.

If we could swap Landry for Mario Henderson straight up, we would have to jump on that.

Horton is cheap, he is constantly making plays, has a great attitude, and wants to be here. So no.

Landry, on the other hand, blows the opportunities he has by his foolish tackling attempts, does not want to be here (according to insiders on the board), and is expensive.

If we could swap Landry for Mario Henderson straight up, we would have to jump on that.

I hear ya man, and I agree that Landry has had a down year. had we not selected Landry with the #7 pick in the draft, I'd be all for getting something in return for him in a trade. But the fact that his salary is much higher than Horton makes him harder to move, and we would receive less compensation for him, which is the downfall.

Again, I love Chris Horton, and he is the exact type of homegrown talent we need around here. But at the same time, trading him would give us the biggest ROI. We have other young talent that can fill in his spot.

Teams like the Steelers, Pats and Ravens ... they can let good players go and not miss a bit. Albeit schrude business at times, its about the benefit of the entire team ... and Horton gives us the most bang for our buck.

Landry still has the most athletic ability out of any of our other safeties, but moving him closer to the line of scrimmage or at the least not playing him 30 yards off the ball would help as well. It would suck to let a player like Horton go, but right now I am thinking ... what if we could get a 3rd rounder for him and pick up another OL'man, QB or LB?

Tough choice cuz he is a baller and good character guy ... but it makes the most sense financially and roster wise. Hail.

I don't like the idea of trading any of our safeties. Safety is one of the only positions the Redskins actually have quality depth at. I dont want the Redskins to be thin at every position.

We might have so much depth there that not all of them can get playing time. We are certainly seeing this with Horton, who has to split reps with Doughty. Moore is another good safety who doesn't get much PT because he is behind Landry.

We might have so much depth there that not all of them can get playing time. We are certainly seeing this with Horton, who has to split reps with Doughty. Moore is another good safety who doesn't get much PT because he is behind Landry.

Depth isn't about everyone getting playing time. It's about if your main guy goes down, the dropoff from switching to the replacement isn't that bad. We have depth at the saftey position, great! We're already spread thin, why throw away depth when we need to be building it?

Archived