Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Next HC Is Going to Be An Offensive-Oriented Guy

method man

Under Snyder, we have had 5 coaches. 4 have come from offensive backgrounds. The one guy with a defensive background (Schottenheimer) was let got after 1 season. So, based on prior probability, we have an 80% chance of getting an offensive-oriented guy as our next head coach.

What I don't like about this is that offensive-minded HCs often also insist on being the playcallers. I feel head coaches should just take one role and just focus on leading the team.

Under Snyder, we have had 5 coaches. 4 have come from offensive backgrounds. The one guy with a defensive background (Schottenheimer) was let got after 1 season. So, based on prior probability, we have an 80% chance of getting an offensive-oriented guy as our next head coach.

What I don't like about this is that offensive-minded HCs often also insist on being the playcallers. I feel head coaches should just take one role and just focus on leading the team.

80% of us do not GAF!

hell the coaches that have been successful recently have been defensive Ryan, Mcdaniel and so on

Well, McDaniel is an offensive guy but your point is taken. I like defensive guys better because they seem to have more emotion than the offensive guys. They also do less, which is good. I want by head coach to be a head coach, that's it.

We're not going to get anyone of any respectability if we fire Zorn, offensive or defensive. The league already sees us as dysfunctional, so blowing it up even though Zorn hasn't even gotten 2 years yet is going to make matters worse. Our focus needs to be on the o-line so that we can truely see if Zorn's offense will work. I lost count of the number of times JC was running for his life today. He was getting killed back there, and still had a 100+ passer rating.

We're not going to get anyone of any respectability if we fire Zorn, offensive or defensive. The league already sees us as dysfunctional, so blowing it up even though Zorn hasn't even gotten 2 years yet is going to make matters worse. Our focus needs to be on the o-line so that we can truely see if Zorn's offense will work. I lost count of the number of times JC was running for his life today. He was getting killed back there, and still had a 100+ passer rating.

True to a point but when you throw 10 mill a year at our next HC money talks and the rest of the BS walks. Hey, Snyder will pay whatever it takes. Do you agree?

I think we should let Zorn finish the year, and assuming we end up at 6-10, or whatever we're on path for, let's part ways and bring in a new HC. Sadly, it's probably the only solution. Also sadly, we should part ways with Campbell. He's a decent QB but doesn't have the field vision to be able to win consistently.

I'd love if the new HC truly decides on his own to keep Blache and the defensive side of the ball intact. But, we shouldn't require the new HC to keep Blache, even though I hope he does. Snyder needs to learn to give up control over X's and O's stuff.

Head coach means squat if the Front Office is not structured around a GM who DOES NOT answer to Dan Snyder when it comes to personnel moves.

Did you see that patchwork offensive line today? That's what happens when someone who prefers glitz to guts drafts three pass catchers in the second round and completely ignores the lines.

True to a point but when you throw 10 mill a year at our next HC money talks and the rest of the BS walks. Hey, Snyder will pay whatever it takes. Do you agree?

I agree that Snyder ain't afraid to spend money. Can we agree that money isn't everything, though? Firing Zorn the first thing that will go into anyone's mind before coming here is "job security". That's Oakland Raider talk.

Archived