Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latest News: Mike Florio and O'Halloran on "Crazy Circus" (Blache, Lewis, Gray, Zorn)

Reaganaut

FWIW,

Mike Florio from Profootball Talk is on Arrington/Dukes show now. They just asked him about Blache shutting down the media. His response was that this is very transparent:

Blache will be the interim head coach after Philly loss. He is now under a gag order.

Gray will be the defensive coordinator. Getting him ready for media now.

Lewis will be the play caller. Up to speed on team by second half of season.

Zorn will be fired after Philly loss. Suspects, but doesn't know yet that Brutus is armed.

Arrington continues that certain players with owner access will be "in on this" and will be forced to keep the secret from Zorn. He says this is the Snyder "sabotage" way. He said that Blache and Zorn's relationship will also be sabotaged by Snyder as well.

Players will become even more confused and the season will be a scratch with no playoffs. Florio says the team is completely screwed and that Snyder simply must walk away from day to day operations of the team forever.

He says that this is no way to run a football team. Says Snyder is a good businessperson, but doesn't know his own limitations. Elite football executives always know what they don't know and Snyder is completely oblivious. Not malicious. Wants to win, but fatally flawed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on Arrington show - Ryan O'Halloran (Washington Times) now:

O'Halloran is at Redskins Park and is fairly ticked off.

Extremely bad juju with the media on the Blache situation. Circumvented rule by NFL that coordinators available once a week throughout season with a 73 second opening statement. Violates spirit of the rule. Thinks interim head coach will be Jerry Gray not Blache. Blache is content to be in shadows and run the defense. Sherm Lewis not ready to take over as HC. Speculation is rampant now no information being offered. Lack of respect for media by the team big time. Crazy circus. Greg Blache just left at 5:00 pm in his convertable with top down... very unusual for a Thursday before a big game!

He said that Zorn is making no comments at all about what is happening. He is trying to dodge answers. R.O. thinks something significant just went down and people are acting out of character.

I swear people on here should be paid accordingly.;)
Just because if Blache is named interim head coach he still has to talk to the media does not mean he would not have any reason to make this move. He would want Gray to get used to taking heat from the media, which he would if he's promoted to DC.

The writing is on the wall guys. We're talking just a couple weeks. Zorn is fired. Blache is promoted to HC. Gray to DC. And Sherman Lewis is the new OC and playcaller, once he gets used to the plays and the team's strengths and weaknesses.

Zorn will be fired during the bye week. Book it.

:cool:

I guess Florio reads ES. ;)

I'm not saying that Zorn's job is safe long-term, but Florio loves to stir **** up without having facts or sources to back anything up.

If you read UnWise Mike's column this morning, you'd understand why Blache might not want to deal with jerks like Wise anymore. And Blache is a guy who never liked talking to the media in the first place.

You know what I don't get about all of this crap is why Vinny and Sndyer were so high on Zorn in the first place??

Seriously we have an owner that not only makes horrible decisions but thinks its not his fault. We are soo screwed its not even funny. How in the world will any team work if the owner continues to do these things.

This has to stop

uhhh... what if the Redskins win?

Didn't you hear? The owner is going to gradually take away team amenities...old buses instead of charter planes, no hot tubs or whirlpools in the training room, and going to sign Timmy Smith to sure up the running back position. If the team is really bad then attendance will go down and the owner can move the team to LA. Next step is firing the coach when Willie Mays Hays drops a pass against Philly. No way they win.

Lets not forget, Florio turned Randy Moss' back injury into "Randy Moss is taking plays off again" into "Randy Moss is purposefully dogging it so he can be released from Patriots" into "Favre will push for Minnesota to sign Randy Moss".

He also predicted the Skins to win the Super Bowl.

He also reported that Terry Bradshaw had died.

I love profootbaltalk but it is the TMZ of the sports news world. You read it, digest the facts, and disregard everything else. It's fun to read but aside from the hardcore facts I do not dwell on what is posted there.

You know what I don't get about all of this crap is why Vinny and Sndyer were so high on Zorn in the first place??

Seriously we have an owner that not only makes horrible decisions but thinks its not his fault. We are soo screwed its not even funny. How in the world will any team work if the owner continues to do these things.

This has to stop

Zorn was credited with turning Hasselbeck into a Pro Bowl QB in Seattle. They were obviously hoping he could do the same thing to Campbell. Combine that with the craze of hiring young and hungry head coaches and you have the two biggest reasons why Zorn and Vinny loved the guy.

Everyone is searching for the next Mike Tomlin, what they don't know is that he is probably the exception, not the rule.

edit: Then again, we do have Harbaugh doing quite well just 30 miles east.

I think what's happening is the exact opposite of what most people THINK is happening.

I think Blache is disgusted by the move to bring in Lewis, doesn't like the way Zorn is being strung along, and is considering quitting altogether.

This idea that Blache is angling for Zorn's job or working behind the scenes to help oust Zorn is 180 degrees from what's really going on.

I'm not saying that Zorn's job is safe long-term, but Florio loves to stir **** up without having facts or sources to back anything up.

If you read UnWise Mike's column this morning, you'd understand why Blache might not want to deal with jerks like Wise anymore. And Blache is a guy who never liked talking to the media in the first place.

Very true, but it just seems that everything is conveniently falling into place.

I think what's happening is the exact opposite of what most people THINK is happening.

I think Blache is disgusted by the move to bring in Lewis, doesn't like the way Zorn is being strung along, and is considering quitting altogether.

This idea that Blache is angling for Zorn's job or working behind the scenes to help oust Zorn is 180 degrees from what's really going on.

This was my initial reaction.

Archived