Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latest News: Mike Florio and O'Halloran on "Crazy Circus" (Blache, Lewis, Gray, Zorn)

Reaganaut

I don't know who it was reporting as I couldn't listen to all of the segment but did anyone hear the Junkies around 9:40? The guest was speculating that Mitchell would play a lot, that BMW might actually START at RT and that some player (again I missed the name) might be headed to IR with a knee injury that won't heal.

Anyone have more details?

I would guess the knee would be Anthony Montgomery, who's been inactive all season. As much as Heyer has struggled in pass protection, I eally hope Mike Williams doesn't start. I don't think that would go well.

Blache is sick. That's why he needs to slow down. That's the only circumstance under which the league would agree to allowing Blache to transfer his press duties to someone else. Coordinators don't get out of their press duties just because their teams are 2-2.

Someone said in an earlier post that he left at 5 pm yesterday. I don't know if that's the case, but would be consistent with this explanation.

I do not think there is any cloak-and-dagger crap going on. People here read too many spy novels. There is no way that everyone but Zorn is in on this Zorn-replacement scheme -- these guys work together 20 hours a day, they are brothers. If a guy gets fired, they'll treat him like a man.

Geesh people.

In Snyder's shoes, I give Jim Zorn a "B" grade. He has made progress, but it's slower than I expected from him.

I give Blache a "D." He has far more talent to work and on his side of the ball there are no excuses.

So, the hiring of Sherman Smith to help Zorn and the pressure on Blache can be explained if Dan Snyder shares my opinions on his coaches.

Please tell me how Jim Zorn has progressed.

Blache is sick. That's why he needs to slow down. That's the only circumstance under which the league would agree to allowing Blache to transfer his press duties to someone else. Coordinators don't get out of their press duties just because their teams are 2-2.

Someone said in an earlier post that he left at 5 pm yesterday. I don't know if that's the case, but would be consistent with this explanation.

I do not think there is any cloak-and-dagger crap going on. People here read too many spy novels. There is no way that everyone but Zorn is in on this Zorn-replacement scheme -- these guys work together 20 hours a day, they are brothers. If a guy gets fired, they'll treat him like a man.

Geesh people.

O'Halloran watched him leave at 5pm

Geesh people.

I really hope that's not the case. I'd prefer cloak and dagger over an illness.

In Snyder's shoes, I give Jim Zorn a "B" grade. He has made progress, but it's slower than I expected from him.

I give Blache a "D." He has far more talent to work and on his side of the ball there are no excuses.

So, the hiring of Sherman Smith to help Zorn and the pressure on Blache can be explained if Dan Snyder shares my opinions on his coaches.

i wish you graded my papers, because if zorn has shown "progress" than i'm an A+ student.

Is there any evidence of this? If not, spreading this type of rumor is worse than spreading one that someone is about to get fired.

My reasoning was in the rest of my post, which you did not include in your quote. I am not spreading "rumors" anymore than every analysis on this board is a rumor. Zorn said the reason was "personal" and the league approved it -- that is the only circumstance that I can think of that would lead the league to approve it. They certainly wouldn't approve it because the team is 2-2 and the defensive coordinator feels they should play better.

It is a much better reason than the theory that the league is "in" on Snyder's attempt to set up Jerry Grey for the head coach job after the buy week, that Sherm Lewis is being set-up to call plays, and that Blache refuses to speak to the press because he won't go along with Zorn's firing.

Archived