Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Sell The Team Dan thread

Spaceman Spiff

I'll probably buy, http://www.fairweatherfans.com/ and redirect it to ExtremeSkins.

Unfortunately a small percentage of us real fans will be caught up in the mix, but for the majority it will be on-point.

So what makes a "fairweather" fan and a "real" fan???

I still watch on Sundays with very little confidence that this team can get it done. I don't however purchase tickets, buy merchandise anymore until a change at top is made. What category do I fall into because apparently there are alot of experts on this board that can determine who is a real fan and who is not.

A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.

That sums it up pretty closely.

I'll probably buy, http://www.fairweatherfans.com/ and redirect it to ExtremeSkins.

Unfortunately a small percentage of us real fans will be caught up in the mix, but for the majority it will be on-point.

Yeah because trying to get rid of the owner that killed our beloved Redskins is a terrible thing for the fans to do.

Wow....:doh:

That sums it up pretty closely.

I don't see anyone vanishing though.

The people complaining are still here. Complaining, sure. But still here.

I think you can still be a fan while being critical of the team and management.

But I think this topic has been rehashed over and over on this board, right? Why go there again?

I don't see anyone vanishing though.

The people complaining are still here. Complaining, sure. But still here.

I think you can still be a fan while being critical of the team and management.

Exactly my point. People who are frustrated, tired, angry, fed up, etc. are still here letting their displeasure known. Whether it's in a coherent way thats a different topic, but they're still here. I've seen people post on here, people make comments on news articles about the team and heard people on the radio all basically say the same thing. "I've been a fan for 10+ years BUT...." Everyone is tired of this crap. Not an attack on you InsaneBoost but it really bothers me when people on here try to tell others who are real fans and who aren't.

So...what makes you a "real fan" compared to others?

I ****ing hate hearing that spread around....look around, we are all true, diehard fans. You are no better of a "fan" than anyone here.

Please don't wear it to games. We don't need you embarrassing our fan base. Feel free to embarrass yourself, just try not to make us look bad in the process.

You better prepare yourself for a sea of these kinds of shirts. It is coming. Oh yes. It is coming.

Please don't wear it to games. We don't need you embarrassing our fan base. Feel free to embarrass yourself, just try not to make us look bad in the process.

You've got to be kidding right? Your calling out fans in here because they have had enough with this ownership/FO? Seriously? In case you forgot this team is OURS. We pay for it. We have every right to disply our utter contempt for what this owner is doing to this team that we LOVE so much.

Quite frankly if the owner loved it as much as the people putting up these sites we wouldn't be in this freakin position.

all the positive energy in the world isn't turning this debacle around. You can keep cheering for this organization (and incidentally I have no problem cheering for the players who are trying) but unless we stop trading draft picks for Duckett and Taylor, completely neglecting our offensive line, continuing to act like morons in every facet of the salary cap, mistreating the fans that supply ALL of the money this organization runs on I am all for voicing our displeasure. And the more Dan tries to silence people by buying radio stations and putting his talking heads out there, and taking down photos of people voicing their disgust for this organization's leadership the louder this is going to get. You can't stop it buddy. Trust me. They will fix this or the fans will keep picking up the heat.

And ya know what, that will tell us all we need to know about Dan Snyder. If you were him right now, could you humble yourself, fire vinny, fire zorn and get a GM, a proven coach or hot commodity and allow them to do their jobs free of interference so this team can get back to its proud tradition? I could. Any decent person could. Dan should be embarrassed. These sites, shirts, bags, radio talk shows will work. He Will continue to be humiliated and do the right thing . . . or. . . . he will show fans like you who he really is. Either way, applauding this ego maniac while he rips us off, sues us and feeds us crap for years and years stops now.

You make a good point.......no matter what Snyder is here for the long haul my man. But I think it would be good to hit him in the wallet. The only place to make him feel anything.

Of course its a good thing to do. Same with calling into the radio shows, same with the shirts, websites, interviews with local media outlets. Why do you think this multi gazillionaire is taking time out of his busy duties (of running six flags, johnny rockets and the washington redskins into the ground) to get pictures of a girl wearing a "sell the team dan" shirt down off of local media's blog? He's embarrassed. Well, he can't stop it. That is what he needs to learn. There is ONE way to stop being a freaking joke Dan! Start doing the right thing. Any moron could fix this problem if they had your resources. Stop being an idiot, put down that ridiculous ego of yours, change directions and start building a winner and you will be treated like a king. Hell, Tom Cruise will want to hang out with YOU not the other way around. Don't believe me? Ask Joe Gibbs or Jack Kent Cooke (god rest his soul). Adored. Both of them.

And Money? How much money does this fan base pour into this guys pocket now??? And we perrennially suck!! He is making money off of Cooke and Gibbs to this day. He wouldn't have to rip us off in concessions, parking or sue us to collect ticket prices if he just put a winner on that field. You don't have to pay 100 million dollars for one defensive tackle to make his jersey worth something Dan! You just need to sell the jersey of a superbowl winning player to us idiot!

How is wearing that shirt emarrassing? What is embarrassing is spending hard earned money to go to games and NOT speak your mind and express your honest opinion about the team.

Yeah because trying to get rid of the owner that killed our beloved Redskins is a terrible thing for the fans to do.

Wow....:doh:

I'm not directing that towards anyone that doesn't like Snyder, sorry if you all think that's what I meant, it's not.

This board over the last couple of weeks has turned very fair-weather and in the direction of fair-weather.

So...what makes you a "real fan" compared to others?

I ****ing hate hearing that spread around....look around, we are all true, diehard fans. You are no better of a "fan" than anyone here.

I'm not saying I'm anymore of a fan than you or your family members. What I find fair-weather, booing your team when they aren't performing well, then cheering like you never boo'd when we make a big touchdown and win the game.

Booing against the team in a victory formation, but then the next home game not.

I'm not saying I'm anymore of a fan than you or your family members. What I find fair-weather, booing your team when they aren't performing well, then cheering like you never boo'd when we make a big touchdown and win the game.

Booing against the team in a victory formation, but then the next home game not.

To boo the players on the field is dumb in my book. Why boo them for the FO's failures.?

Why boo them for us having a ****ty O-line?

Support the team on the field, boo the FO.

Disgusting. Anti-Redskins sites started by "Redskins Fans."

We're three days from game day. Try supporting your team. Bunch of *******s.

Seriously? People who don't agree with the way the team is being run are Anti-Redskins? If anything these people care more about the Redskins then you do. They care about what this team stands for, they know the things that Snyder has done to this team. We will never be a good team with him as owner. HE meddles to much, plain and simple.

We are not Anti-Redskins, we are people are are getting sick of all of this, who want to see the Redskins run like every other NFL team.

Seriously? People who don't agree with the way the team is being run are Anti-Redskins? If anything these people care more about the Redskins then you do. They care about what this team stands for, they know the things that Snyder has done to this team. We will never be a good team with him as owner. HE meddles to much, plain and simple.

We are not Anti-Redskins, we are people are are getting sick of all of this, who want to see the Redskins run like every other NFL team.

Not EVERY other NFL team, careful... could be the Raiders. ;)

Archived