Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Backup QB's better than JC!!!

SKINFAN23

You must not watch much football.

Here's our offense this year with JC: 7, 9, 14, 14. Almost all 2nd half too.

Sanchez 24 twice, rookie, rookie coach.

Stafford 24, 27, rookie, rookie coach.

We did this same thing last year too, and in 2007. JC is consistent, I give him that. Consistently worse than almost every rookie QB who gets some time on the field. Maybe he beat Jamarcus Russel a few years ago though.

Try more like 17, 9, 14, 16.

And all the JC fans will continue to ignore the retard can't score points, hit open receivers and turn the ball over 3 to 4 times a game. The stupid SOB doesn't belong on a football field except to make sure the Gatorade buckets are full for the players who know how to perform :doh:

you can express your dislike all you want, but their is no excuse for your abusive tone and insults.

if you can't argue your point intelligently, without vulgarities, then you don't have much of a point.

anyone who actually thinks Tarvaris Jackson or Seneca Wallace are better than JC has no credibility in my book.

Are you one of the guys talking about JC's stats?

Jackson had a 95 QB rating and 9 TD passes in 5 starts last year. 1 4TD game. JC has never done that and even with his playing scared to throw in the end zone his rating is never going to be 95. His td% is 6.0. Campbells was 2.8. Their Int% was 1.3 and 1.2, almost exactly the same. The Vikings have scored 30+ in 5 of his 19 games. When's the last time JC did that? Out of his 10 wins 6 of them have been double digits. Out of Campbells 17 wins 1 was double digits. Don't tell me it's Peterson either, Portis led the league through 8 games last year and Campbell had 0 Ints, we still never won a game by double digits or scored 30 points.

JC has had plenty of time.

All of them! Every back up QB in this league can average more points then JC. Look at the Eagles back up QB, he beat the sheet out of the Panthers, and JC is going to score his famous 10 points at the most, and because of him, we will get our azzes handed to us.

I think if JC was the starting qb for the eagles, he'd be a top 10 qb. Andy Reid's system works efficiently and its easier for a qb to excel.

Some of you are so rediculous you make me very happy that Snyder was the one fan that could afford to buy the team. Most of you actually make him look like a genious if thats possible! You are talking about a QB who is hamstrung with a woeful OL, no running game to speak of, a coaching staff whom most didnt even have any idea what the WCO was untill last year, only one WR and he's still the 10th rated passer in the NFL....

I really think some of you would blame your own impotency on JC if you could.

You are talking about a QB who is hamstrung with a woeful OL, no running game to speak of, a coaching staff whom most didnt even have any idea what the WCO was untill last year, only one WR and he's still the 10th rated passer in the NFL....

David Carr his rookie season started 16 games on a team that had a new everything. They didn't exist the year before. He still won 2 games by more than a score and they only won 3 all season.

I know, the Texans had better players, a HOF coach, grass was cut better on their field, all of their receivers caught every pass thrown in their vicinity, Carr was allowed to call his own plays, was allowed 12 men on the field, etc.

Will JC EVER win by more than 1 score a 2nd time? It's beginning to look doubtful.

Some of you are so rediculous you make me very happy that Snyder was the one fan that could afford to buy the team. Most of you actually make him look like a genious if thats possible! You are talking about a QB who is hamstrung with a woeful OL, no running game to speak of, a coaching staff whom most didnt even have any idea what the WCO was untill last year, only one WR and he's still the 10th rated passer in the NFL....

I really think some of you would blame your own impotency on JC if you could.

And I think you'd accuse the offensive woes on everything but Campbell.

There have been several reports that Thomas and Kelly are getting open. Campbell, for whatever reason, rarely throws it to them. Instead, he locks onto Cooley, Moss, and occasionally Randel El. The OLine, while not as great as it used to be, gives Campbell pretty good time to make his reads and throws. While they'll slip up occasionally, I haven't seen Campbell pressured the majority of the game yet. If ANYTHING, I think the OLine has suffered in run support. Portis is getting stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage. That accounts for the lack of running game in my opinion. The coaching... well, the play calling leaves a lot to be desired. However, it's my philosophy to find the common denominator. Three different offenses for Campbell to learn as a Redskin. One with Gibbs, one with Saunders, and one with Zorn. All three handcuffed Campbell. Perhaps there's a reason to this common denominator?

I remember when this thread was called "Jason Campbell sucks"

Just like every other thread on this board. ES is becoming a horrible place to be.

And no, I don't blame the mods. I blame the idiots who start these threads and then somehow try to say that it's NOT a "Campbell Sucks" thread. :doh:

This thread is one of the reasons why I stay away from the Stadium now. If it's a negative thread, I usually try not to post in it. What did this man do to you? I'll leave the football decisions to the people on the field. While I just sit and watch and talk about football stuff, instead of being negative.

What backup QB's in the NFL would you say have more talen than Jason Campbell?

Talent is very loose definition.

But, if you are asking which backup QB's are better then Jason Campbell i would say NONE.

JC is in the top half of current QBs.

That means he's better then 16 current starting QBs.

Logic would tell you that since a backup is a lesser QB then the starter JC is better then QBs 17-64.

HTTR!

Matt Leinart

Brady Quinn

Jon Kitna

Chris Simms

Daunte Culpepper

Jim Sorgi

Tarvaris Jackson

David Carr

Kellen Clemens

Kevin Kolb

Michael Vick

Charlie Batch

Alex Smith

Vince Young

Todd Collins

Jesus, I'm starting to wonder why JC is still our starter when there are so many better options out there that can make an immediate impact on our team.

ROFLMFAO!!! :doh: Maybe you should set the pipe down buddy...it's obviously having an effect on your judgement.

You know what they have in common?

Veteran OCs.

Rex Ryan is a rookie but he isn't the offensive coordinator.

Marty's boy Brian is the OC and he's a good one with more experience then Zorn and Sherman Smith combined.

BTW Schwatz doesn't run the Lion's offense either that would be former HC and veteran OC Scott Linehan.

Before you bash do even consider that Zorn and Smith's inexeperience might be part of the problem with the offense?

Did you realize that other then the 1st half against the Bucs JC has been the bright spot on the offense?

Of course not.

Ignorance is bliss.

These threads are getting ridiculous. I admit I was screaming for Campbell to be benched after the first half last week but only for the rest of that game. Thought it would be a good idea for Collins to finish that game after Campbells first half performance. There are no QB's out there right now that we could get that I would take over Campbell. I realize his faults and his issues and get frustrated the same as anyone else but to say there are backup QB's out there better than Campbell is ridiculous.

Well if Campbell is the answer you'd think somebody, anybody, would have figured out how to get him to score TD's. Maybe Lewis will ask WTF they are doing sticking with the guy this long. Or maybe he will laugh at the playcalling. I don't know but I'm sure we will find out eventually.

If Collins starts at all this year or JC isn't resigned then we will have the answer.

which backup QB's are better then Jason Campbell i would say NONE.

JC is in the top half of current QBs.

That means he's better then 16 current starting QBs.

Couldn't have said it better myself. People just want to hate JC no matter what he does. No one claims he is the best. But he surely isn't the worse. People need to realize we could be alot worse and be 0-4.

If we were 2-2 under a different QB (Wallace was mentioned a few times) these same JC bashers, would they jump ship and start whining about someone else? Or would they place all the blame on Wallace?

I just don't get you people, do you really have nothing better to do with your time than whine about an average QB? Is he really that bad? Granted he may not be who we need to WIN. And if so, he'll be gone soon. But, you are ignorant if you think that he is the sole reason why we can't dominate.

I can't even believe someone mentioned Leftwich. He hasn't thrown any TDs this year. Threw 3 picks. And was benched for a rookie.

Are you people all on dope?

And all the JC fans will continue to ignore the retard can't score points, hit open receivers and turn the ball over 3 to 4 times a game. The stupid SOB doesn't belong on a football field except to make sure the Gatorade buckets are full for the players who know how to perform :doh:

I'm really running out of patients with you hating on JC's intelligence. I just cannot except it any longer.

You must not watch much football.

Here's our offense this year with JC: 7, 9, 14, 14. Almost all 2nd half too.

We did this same thing last year too, and in 2007. JC is consistent, I give him that. Consistently worse than almost every rookie QB who gets some time on the field. Maybe he beat Jamarcus Russel a few years ago though.

See, when the Skins score a TD and JC didn't actually throw it, it doesn't count. When another team's QB benefits from rushing TDs and Def TDs, their QB gets credit. Sanchez has 5 total TD (4 passing, 1 rushing). Please explain how he has scored 24 points twice, yet JC only scored 7 against NYG? We get that you hate JC, but be honest in you stats.

See, when the Skins score a TD and JC didn't actually throw it, it doesn't count. When another team's QB benefits from rushing TDs and Def TDs, their QB gets credit. Sanchez has 5 total TD (4 passing, 1 rushing). Please explain how he has scored 24 points twice, yet JC only scored 7 against NYG? We get that you hate JC, but be honest in you stats.

exactly. people will say drew brees and his offensive put up 24 against a great Jets defense.

WRONG.

they scored 1 offensive TD and kicked a FG.

the other 14 points came from a 99 yard pick 6 and a fumble in the endzone by dirty sanchez.

brees hasn't thrown a TD in 2 weeks.

Archived