David Carr

Kellen Clemens

Kevin Kolb

Michael Vick

Charlie Batch

Alex Smith

Vince Young

Todd Collins

from this list id go with kitna, kolb, collins, and add garcia in there.

most of these other guys are pretty bad. matt lienart is a maybe, but hes proven extremely little up until this point. he might have some bigger upside than campbell, but not much.

and im no fan of JC, but vince young and alex smith? cmon now.

See, when the Skins score a TD and JC didn't actually throw it, it doesn't count. When another team's QB benefits from rushing TDs and Def TDs, their QB gets credit. Sanchez has 5 total TD (4 passing, 1 rushing). Please explain how he has scored 24 points twice, yet JC only scored 7 against NYG? We get that you hate JC, but be honest in you stats.

No, when the offense doesn't score but the PUNTER runs it in for a TD, it doesn't count for the offense. I noticed that Sanchez offense scored those points but in one of the games their defense did score one of the TD's so maybe it's 17 instead of 24, still more than our 5th year guy has done with a much superior group of players on offense in their 2nd year in the system.

See, when the Skins score a TD and JC didn't actually throw it, it doesn't count. When another team's QB benefits from rushing TDs and Def TDs, their QB gets credit. Sanchez has 5 total TD (4 passing, 1 rushing). Please explain how he has scored 24 points twice, yet JC only scored 7 against NYG? We get that you hate JC, but be honest in you stats.

When Hunter Smith runs in a TD, it doesn't count as a TD pass for Campbell.

No, when the offense doesn't score but the PUNTER runs it in for a TD, it doesn't count for the offense. I noticed that Sanchez offense scored those points but in one of the games their defense did score one of the TD's so maybe it's 17 instead of 24, still more than our 5th year guy has done with a much superior group of players on offense in their 2nd year in the system.
So FGs for opposing teams count but not for JC as well? You can't get to 17 or 24 without them. Your logic is seriously flawed. The Jets have 8 offensive TDs this season. That is a staggering 14 PPG. Think about that. The Skins have scored 6 offensive TDs for 10.5 PPG. That is comparing apples to apples. The Jets offense is averaging 4 PPG more than the Skins (including kicking).

When Hunter Smith runs in a TD, it doesn't count as a TD pass for Campbell.
Then the Def TDs for the Jets don't count. It can't work both ways. It has to be a consistent model for comparison or it is not a valid statement. Hunter Smith's TD counts just as much as Thomas Jones' rushing TD. PERIOD

I didn't feel like reading this whole stupid thread, so I imagine someone else has said this...but...

There isn't a more physically talented QB in the league then Jason. He has the tools to be a year-in year-out probowler. However, he lacks the consistency, and ability to read the game and control it. Therefore, he is a losing QB. It's not a lack of talent.

Ya know. You have to ask yourself this at times like this. While clearly the thread is a thinly veiled Jason Campbell whatever one,is it the thread or people responding to it that's the problem?(Possibly both sometimes). One of the guys who started this place said something about this and gave some sage advice about it way back in the early days. By responding to this thread,(and some of the other posters),you keep it at or near the top. You help give it validity. Don't like it,don't respond to it or others. Certainly the board is about expressing opinions,(and as long as they're within the rules,members are free to do so). However,that doesn't mean you have to does it? Few things to think about.

Then the Def TDs for the Jets don't count. It can't work both ways. It has to be a consistent model for comparison or it is not a valid statement. Hunter Smith's TD counts just as much as Thomas Jones' rushing TD. PERIOD

Campbell didn't lead the Offense anywhere on that drive. That was possession after the INT by Hall, which was already in the RZ.

So FGs for opposing teams count but not for JC as well? You can't get to 17 or 24 without them. Your logic is seriously flawed. The Jets have 8 offensive TDs this season. That is a staggering 14 PPG. Think about that. The Skins have scored 6 offensive TDs for 10.5 PPG. That is comparing apples to apples. The Jets offense is averaging 4 PPG more than the Skins (including kicking).

Right, with a Rook QB, no WR anybody has ever heard of and the equivalent of 2 Betts at RB. Their offense isn't that good, Sanchez is doing BETTER than our 5th year guy with much less talent.

So basically you are arguing that JC is running an offense that is almost as good as the Jets with a rookie at QB.

I am impressed.

Right, with a Rook QB, no WR anybody has ever heard of and the equivalent of 2 Betts at RB. Their offense isn't that good, Sanchez is doing BETTER than our 5th year guy with much less talent.

So basically you are arguing that JC is running an offense that is almost as good as the Jets with a rookie at QB.

I am impressed.

Yeah, cause noone has ever heard of Jerricho Cotchery. Or Dustin Keller. And Thomas Jones and Leon Washington = 2 Ladell Betts? It is obvious you don't know football if this is your argument.

Yeah, cause noone has ever heard of Jerricho Cotchery. Or Dustin Keller. And Thomas Jones and Leon Washington = 2 Ladell Betts? It is obvious you don't know football if this is your argument.

But your argument is STILL only that JC in his 5th year is running an offense worse than a rookie, scoring 10 points a game and we all know that a lot of those 10 per game came in the last 2-3 minutes of a couple games and we haven't seen anything positive happen in the first half of any game. That can't be on the QB at all.

Matt Leinart

Brady Quinn

Jon Kitna

Chris Simms

Daunte Culpepper

Jim Sorgi

Tarvaris Jackson

David Carr

Kellen Clemens

Kevin Kolb

Michael Vick

Charlie Batch

Alex Smith

Vince Young

Todd Collins

This looks about right, now add rookies better right now.

Matt Ryan.

Flacco

Sanchez

Matt Stafford

Henni

Now just with more reps these guys.

Chase

Brennan

JJ

Dixon

Like it or not right now Jason is a Bust.

Im not sure these lists have players with more talent than JC.That being said he is still pretty pathetic at times.The simple fact that jason has had the teachings of gibbs,zorn,saunders,brunell and collins and he is still the same guy is a red flag to me.No matter what system you run football is still a game that requires acurate passes from your quarterback.Your telling me with all those football brains to pick he couldn't learn a few tricks? It became very obvious that to play quarterback you either have it or you don't. Campbell has skills and tons of measurables but he definatly lacks something. There's no way you can't dominate this game by your fifth season with his talent...unless its something mental. He still makes mistakes and that's also a problem.you can't even call him a game manager at times because he's constantly giving the ball away...to the other team in great field position.

With it being so rare we even break 21...you can argue all you want but that's partly on jason. The worst teams in this game still out produce him.

Matt Leinart

Brady Quinn

Jon Kitna

Chris Simms

Daunte Culpepper

Jim Sorgi

Tarvaris Jackson

David Carr

Kellen Clemens

Kevin Kolb

Michael Vick

Charlie Batch

Alex Smith

Vince Young

Todd Collins

Jesus, I'm starting to wonder why JC is still our starter when there are so many better options out there that can make an immediate impact on our team.

Without a doubt the worst list I've ever seen. Leinhart had the best receiver tandem in football and could only manage a 70 something career rating. David Carr?!? Jim Sorgi?!? Vince Young? Have you seen these dudes play? Either you really hate JC or you really know nothing about football. Not sure which.

This looks about right, now add rookies better right now.

Matt Ryan.

Flacco

Sanchez

Matt Stafford

Henni

Now just with more reps these guys.

Chase

Brennan

JJ

Dixon

Like it or not right now Jason is a Bust.

Well, your opinion is moot. The bolded are not rookies, and you know that the guys that haven't played a real down yet are better then JC. :doh:

Without a doubt the worst list I've ever seen. Leinhart had the best receiver tandem in football and could only manage a 70 something career rating. David Carr?!? Jim Sorgi?!? Vince Young? Have you seen these dudes play? Either you really hate JC or you really know nothing about football. Not sure which.

I agree with what you're saying except for Vince Young, I'm not completely sure what all is wrong with the dude off the field but he has shown a lot of potential. I wouldn't be so quick to say JC is better.

To describe it as a "special teams TD" is very misleading, as it might give rise to the belief that it was a punt return TD, or something to that effect. The offense drove the ball all the way down to the 5.

I agree with what you're saying except for Vince Young, I'm not completely sure what all is wrong with the dude off the field but he has shown a lot of potential. I wouldn't be so quick to say JC is better.

VY is very athletic, ie he can make big plays with his legs but his skill as a qb at the pro level is d0gsh1t Career rating is 68.8, with 22 picks vs 32 tds. He did make huge plays running the football so he gets some credit there.

But overall, VY is a huge busta rhymes. No chance I'd want him starting over Campbell.

Archived