Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone besides me feel that the refs were against the Skins?

THE FOOT

Nope youre probably the only one the felt that way.

I mean seriously dude if it were that big a deal do you think there wouldnt of been a thread started sometime before 3pm the next day? The Skins lost this one on their own, the refs did their job yesterday. A couple missed calls but that happens every game.

The ref's didn't call squat as far as holding went yesterday against the LIONS, there were some blatant non calls for sure.

But i am sorry to tell you that is was pass interference against Horton, he ran into the guy before the ball got there.. what part of that dont you understand?

I didn't think they were against the skins, I just thought we got some bogus calls that didn't help us.

The PI call could have gone either way. IMO the refs should have let it go. He was looking back. Oh well.

The facemask was real questionable.I want that one explained.

The one I am baffled at and yet no one on here or even the sports media is talking about is the blatant wrong call on the final go ahead TD the lions scored.

It wasn't a td. His knee was down and the ball well short of the line. yet they called it a TD. Not only that, Zorn never challenged it. When I say short I am not exagerating, it should have been down at the 1 yd line.

of course we got screwed. we screwed ourselves worse, but we got screwed. The tana mask... why cant they end their guessing game and review that? Um everyone hold on i am gonna look at the replay. Horton got himself into position to make that an easy call for the refs by being SO far out of the play. He turned his head as late as one can, a tough call for the ref obviously.

I mean seriously dude if it were that big a deal do you think there wouldnt of been a thread started sometime before 3pm the next day? The Skins lost this one on their own, the refs did their job yesterday. A couple missed calls but that happens every game.

No, he's not... I felt it. The entire NFL was hoping for a Lions win this week, and you heard it all week in the media. The refs were probably affected by it and didn't want to stand in the way of the Lions if they showed they could do it. There were some ridiculous calls along with no-calls, and we could go play-for-play but you wouldn't admit crap I'm sure.

I know it was pointless for the guy to make this thread and it was pointless for me to respond like this seeing how everyone just wants to cry all week. Carry on.

I think the PI call on Horton was weak. However, the offensive PI on CJ against Landry was worse. Receivers do that every play. That should have been first and goal Lions at the one, no call. The refs were not against the Skins.

No they don't, WR 101 tells you to not extend your arms, period. He did, they saw it, no matter how weak it was. Good call per the commentators as well.

The pass interference call was bogus. The facemask un-call was bizarre. the non-grounding call was crazy. The lack of holding calls was blatant. The touchdown call (without review) bugged me too.

Most of these happened in VERY important moments. The facemask would have given us a first down. The grounding would have pinned them deep with a (i think) third and long. The PI was bull, obvs gave them a TD...he clearly was facing the ball and making a play ON THE BALL when contact occurred.

i don't think the game was fixed. No, also obviously. But I do not think the league wants to see any loss records broken. Just sayin'. None of this gives our D any excuse for it's play.

Also: JC was strong and managed well considering the lack of any pocket throughout the game.

Very bad calls. I do wish there was some acknowledgment of that. If Zorn even said a word about it he'd appear to be making excuses. The press (at least the DC press!!) should bring it up. Often.

No, he's not... I felt it. The entire NFL was hoping for a Lions win this week, and you heard it all week in the media. The refs were probably affected by it and didn't want to stand in the way of the Lions if they showed they could do it. There were some ridiculous calls along with no-calls, and we could go play-for-play but you wouldn't admit crap I'm sure.

I know it was pointless for the guy to make this thread and it was pointless for me to respond like this seeing how everyone just wants to cry all week. Carry on.

No they don't, WR 101 tells you to not extend your arms, period. He did, they saw it, no matter how weak it was. Good call per the commentators as well.

Who's crying??????????? LMFAO!!!! I mean come on dude, the ones that want to blame the refs for blowing the games for us definately are the ones who need the tissues. We got DOMINATED by the lowly Lions, not the refs. Go on with that B.S. man. Now we have a conspiracy theory on our hands. If that keeps you being a fan then whatever, to each their own. I actually saw the game for what it was worth and the Skins stunk it up on their own.

What about the refs ruling that Betts got out of bounds with 36 seconds left on the clock, when it was clear for everyone else to see that he was easily a yard short?

Or the refs overturning the call on the field that Randle El got both feet down on that same last drive, when it was questionable at best (naturally, I thought they made the right call).

Actually there have been threads and several posts about the officials starting before the game ended.

Archived