Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone besides me feel that the refs were against the Skins?

THE FOOT

The worst call was on their final TD drive, when Stafford committed one of the most blatant intentional groundings I've ever seen, yet there was no call. A play or 2 later, they converted a 3rd & short with a short pass. They would've been in 3rd & 15 or so had they called the grounding.

How come no one is talking about this?? This was the biggest blown no-call I have seen in a while. Stafford was clearly in the pocket and didn't even get the ball to the LOS with no receiver in sight.

They went on to score the game winning TD on this drive and this penalty would have killed that drive.

The worst call was on their final TD drive, when Stafford committed one of the most blatant intentional groundings I've ever seen, yet there was no call. A play or 2 later, they converted a 3rd & short with a short pass. They would've been in 3rd & 15 or so had they called the grounding.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing on the intentional grounding... it also seemed like nobody on the field was complaining about either.

I don't think they were against the skins, I think they just sucked overall.

Agree the intentional grounding call was the worst. The PI call on Calvin Johnson was horrible, the PI on Horton I think was wrong. Morris was short on the TD, and I will never understand how the guy got talked out of the facemask penalty.

The tv coverage sucked also. No replays the whole game. Kelly's catch on the sideline? The TD run? Holding on Rabach?

I guess when both teams suck you get the D list refs and coverage team....

That is crap for an excuses. Horton did interfer with the Lions WR. Had it been a DET S bumping our WR, we'd all be up in arms if it wasn't called. I would like to know why they reversed the face mask call as one ref clearly saw it, but was overturned. I'd point out that if you take care of your business on the field, you wouldn't have to rely on a call to go your way though. We were just playing the Lions after all...

Yah I saw that and was going crazy. I had no clue why the refs didnt call that. There was no one around the pass and he was perfectly down the middle of the field in the tackle box. It was a sack and he just threw it at the ground and nothing. Zorn was on the sideline looking around like "wtf" wondering when they were going to call it but they never did. That was rediculous.

How do you negate a blatent facemask penalty?

How did Horton draw a Pass Interfer call when he batted the ball down?

Yeah, they were so against us they brought back Stafford's 50 odd yd heave that took the Lions all the way down to our 1 yd line. How could they do that??? The deck was really stacked against us.

No, you're looking for excuses as to why we lost. It wasn't the refs who beat us, it was the Lions, you know why they beat us? Because right now we're an ill disciplined, poorly coached team that lacks motivation. Simp[le as that.

I didn't think they were against the skins, I just thought we got some bogus calls that didn't help us.

The PI call could have gone either way. IMO the refs should have let it go. He was looking back. Oh well.

The facemask was real questionable.I want that one explained.

The one I am baffled at and yet no one on here or even the sports media is talking about is the blatant wrong call on the final go ahead TD the lions scored.

It wasn't a td. His knee was down and the ball well short of the line. yet they called it a TD. Not only that, Zorn never challenged it. When I say short I am not exagerating, it should have been down at the 1 yd line.

I agree with you. The overturn of the facemask penalty was a drive stopper.

The pass interference could have gone either way. When I first saw it I thought Horton did get turned around and was trying to play the ball. Contact is allowed when both players are playing the ball.

The final TD was not a TD, it was a poor call. Runner was clearly down.

All these things being said, the refs are usually bad. It's one thing you can count on week after week. That's why coaches will tell the players not to leave inferior teams in the game because you run the risk of leaving it up to the refs.

I agree with you. The overturn of the facemask penalty was a drive stopper.

The pass interference could have gone either way. When I first saw it I thought Horton did get turned around and was trying to play the ball. Contact is allowed when both players are playing the ball.

The final TD was not a TD, it was a poor call. Runner was clearly down.

All these things being said, the refs are usually bad. It's one thing you can count on week after week. That's why coaches will tell the players not to leave inferior teams in the game because you run the risk of leaving it up to the refs.

Well than I guess the skins listened to their coachs, since they gave the game to the lions....lol :)

How do you negate a blatent facemask penalty?

How did Horton draw a Pass Interfer call when he batted the ball down?

There were some ticky-tac flags but they went both ways.

The no call on Moss getting facemasked and the phantom holding on Casey were bad, but most likely make-ups for the silly offensive pass interfearence call on the Lions negating a huge pass play.

Overall the refs were showing a little more love for Detroit but it was not the difference in the game.

The ref's didn't call squat as far as holding went yesterday against the LIONS, there were some blatant non calls for sure.

But i am sorry to tell you that is was pass interference against Horton, he ran into the guy before the ball got there.. what part of that dont you understand?

He can hit him if he's going for the ball.It wasn't a PI

Who's crying??????????? LMFAO!!!! I mean come on dude, the ones that want to blame the refs for blowing the games for us definately are the ones who need the tissues. We got DOMINATED by the lowly Lions, not the refs. Go on with that B.S. man. Now we have a conspiracy theory on our hands. If that keeps you being a fan then whatever, to each their own. I actually saw the game for what it was worth and the Skins stunk it up on their own.

Who's blaming the ref for blowing the game? Why do you need to blatantly lie and exaggerate to prove your point? We all know and agree that we played poorly, and made a whole lot of mistakes, but that doesn't mean the refs weren't awful and didn't give the Lions an advantage.

Whatever, like I said... it's pointless.

Second guessing the refs,eh?!

Calvin Johson PI call was legit, he extended his arm and pushed off.

Horton's PI call was also legit. He turned, but not before it was a done deal of him colliding with the receiver. That's called 100% of the time. Like Billick said, is it fair? Probably not, but that's the way it goes.

I think Betts actually did make it out of bounds, but it was close.

Randle El did catch that ball on the sideline.

The last Lions TD looked like it fell short. Surprised there was no review.

I thought the Stafford Intentional grounding wasn't called because he was trying to throw and his arm was hit while in motion, though that's the one I saw the least replays on.

That was most definitely a twist job on Santana's face mask.

All in all, it doesn't really matter. Even with those calls we shouldn't have been in a close enough situation to where they would matter. I don't blame the refs at all, but it sure is fun complaining about it. :D

Yeah, that's the one that got me steamed. The others are kind of subjective. But on that one, he was clearly inside the tackle box, and I'm not sure the ball even crossed the line of scrimage.

Archived