Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

With all the problems we have it's insane to me that some people can only focus on QB. Simply amazing that some are so narrow minded.

Lots of people said the same thing in 2007 before we actually won a few games and went to the playoffs. The problems are magnified by the failures at the QB position.

When teams don't produce points, it's not just on 'red zone execution.' We don't produce big plays (or very rarely do.) It's because of the way the QB plays the game--which is an inferior and gutless brand of ball.

It costs us games. Screw the other problems.

How is JC failing at QB? I believe he's 10th right now in QB rating, his YPA is near 8, only 2 picks, completions at 67%... am I missing something?

Because it is easy to blame him. Same thing with any very visible position. Look at the post above you. "Screw the other problems". At least he admits it.

Lots of people said the same thing in 2007 before we actually won a few games and went to the playoffs. The problems are magnified by the failures at the QB position.

When teams don't produce points, it's not just on 'red zone execution.' We don't produce big plays (or very rarely do.) It's because of the way the QB plays the game--which is an inferior and gutless brand of ball.

It costs us games. Screw the other problems.

In 2007 we were 12th in rushing and 14th in passing

In 2008 we were 8th in rushing and 23rd in passing

In 2009 we are 24th in rushing and 11th in pass.

We have zero rushing game. We fixed our passing game and lost the rushing game. We have not had a 100 yard rusher in 12 games. No rush td's through 3 games this year.

This is not 2007. This is a diff system and 2009. Our qb is top 10 through 3 games. He has been all of our offense!!!! We had zero rush yards at half on Sunday. We drove 75 yards in our opening drive and could not get 1 rush yard? Zero in the half?

Our passing game is the only thing working. Like it or not.

So our passing offense is ranked 11th, our qb is 9th or better in like every stat and our rushing offense is 24th and we have not had a 100 yard rusher in over 12 games including the preseason but we should bench our QB?

Why not bench the RB?

I ask a simple question. We suck at running. No one wants to explain how we can hate on the qb but not the running game

It's the WCO. Score TD's. Did 10k yards and 0 TD's ever win a Lombardi Trophy? Watch the last play of the Lions again for your answer. That play, that decision, is all you need to know.:chair:

(He did gain a few yards on the play though. Apparently that's enough for some Redskins fans)

It's the WCO. Score TD's. Did 10k yards and 0 TD's ever win a Lombardi Trophy? Watch the last play of the Lions again for your answer. That play, that decision, is all you need to know.:chair:

(He did gain a few yards on the play though. Apparently that's enough for some Redskins fans)

Be nice if we had a rushing game and a quality running back. We have more passing TD's than rushing td's. CP couldn't even get 1 yard from the goalline.

The last play? Zorn called that play. Wow are you late

Our offense has scored 6 points before the final couple minutes of 3 games. WOW. 1 TD.

Your post fails to address the fact that once we get inside the 10, we start running the ball. And when we do pass, we drop TD's.

The problem is the running game. It is obvious to all that don't have a personal vendetta against Campbell.

Yes the last two games were against the Rams and Lions

The foolish logic of the JC apologists never ceases to amaze. They rather see their guy under center than the team actually succeed. :doh: The guy has done absolutely nothing in the past 3 years to prove he is anything more than mediocre. Sure we have other issues, but even when given time and open recievers, Campbell flounders with errant throws, slow reads, poor decisions, etc. He plays timid and it shows. Time to bench him.

Again, too bad we missed on Cutler and Sanchez as JC just isn't an NFL caliber QB.

He is top 10 in almost every stat. Every pasing stats went up from last year. We are 10 in passing.

Yet you hate on JC?

Why no hate on CP?

Our run offense went from 8th with 139 yards a game to 24th and 91 yards a game. We have no rushing td's!!!!. We had a 4th and 1 and could not get it in.

So we have absolutely no run game now and the 10th rank pass offense but the issue is JC and the passing game?

Makes no sense. In fact i would voe a 100 yard rusher how bout you?

Yes JC is a starting caliber QB and will be starting somewhere next year. Here or not. You don't get to be top 10 in every major qb stat and sit the bench.

Oh knock off with the "you hatin' JC" garbage please. He's a top 10 QB after 3 games, 2 of them losses. A lot of his "great" stats have been garbage yards coming at the end of the game while playing catch up against prevent defenses. His won-loss record proves he is not a winner. If only we had picked up Sanchez or Cutler....sigh.

Oh knock off with the "you hatin' JC" garbage please. He's a top 10 QB after 3 games, 2 of them losses. A lot of his "great" stats have been garbage yards coming at the end of the game while playing catch up against prevent defenses. His won-loss record proves he is not a winner. If only we had picked up Sanchez or Cutler....sigh.

I would love to have a 100 yard rusher.

And for some one else other than the punter to score a rushing td.

We are like 23-4 or something when CP runs for a 100. Yet no one cares to ask what happened to our running game.

Only to blame the QB.

Lets fix the running game and see what we look like when we are multi dimensional. Why are we paying our RBs. The punter seems like he can score better than them in the redzone

1) The Giants were not in prevent D on our final drive in that game

2)His rating was better prior to the TD drive against the Lions than it was before

I would love to have a 100 yard rusher.

And for some one else other than the punter to score a rushing td.

We are like 23-4 or something when CP runs for a 100. Yet no one cares to ask what happened to our running game.

Only to blame the QB.

Lets fix the running game and see what we look like when we are multi dimensional. Why are we paying our RBs. The punter seems like he can score better than them in the redzone

I guess I am the only one but as I have said time and time again the DC's that come to play against us know how to beat us. Stack the box and stuff the run then let Jason try to beat you. The really good DC's that we went against in the second half of last year wrote the script and even the Rams and Detroit can follow it.

It isn't that hard and it's not all on the oline but hey who cares Jason is getting his numbers! :doh:

Its not Campbell, we can not run the ball except when Campbell tucks and runs. Our running sucks this year, our O would be sweet if we could run and wouldn't drop td passes. All qb's miss a few open receivers. God people on this board have personal vendettas against Campbell. Prob the same people begging for him to start for Brunell. Wow just Wow

If the play you're crying about is that quick slant INT, Campbell had little time. But of course, fans don't count seconds but instead use spatial distance to determine how much time passed.

I think you should check this thread out:http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=302010

Just be open to some criticism of your beloved QB. That play was on him. The other play that SHOULD have been a pick 6 was all on him. The 2 fumbles were all on him.

How many more games are we going to wait for him to 'get it' and see this offense, any offense flourish?

I guess I am the only one but as I have said time and time again the DC's that come to play against us know how to beat us. Stack the box and stuff the run then let Jason try to beat you. The really good DC's that we went against in the second half of last year wrote the script and even the Rams and Detroit can follow it.

It isn't that hard and it's not all on the oline but hey who cares Jason is getting his numbers! :doh:

"Stack the box and let Jason try to beat you". Exactly.

The fact of the matter is that Campbell does not have what it takes to beat anyone at the pro level.

I think you should check this thread out:http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=302010

Just be open to some criticism of your beloved QB. That play was on him. The other play that SHOULD have been a pick 6 was all on him. The 2 fumbles were all on him.

How many more games are we going to wait for him to 'get it' and see this offense, any offense flourish?

Again, the Campbell lovers rather see their guy under center than our team win. Unreal.

Again, the Campbell lovers rather see their guy under center than our team win. Unreal.

I would rather focus on what is not working. Like the fact we are almost dead last in rushing.

Last year with Campbell as our QB we were 8th in rushing. This has been the worse first 3 games of CP's career. Where is the run game?

Or instead we can blame the QB and call all those that suggest otherwise Campbell lovers.

I wonder who here actually cares if we win. I know I do. And if Campbell was the issue I would be the first one in line.

But right now he isn't our zero run game is. Trying to blame Campbell for that would also be foolish considering we have had a top 10 rush game for years including years when JC was QB. :doh:

Todd Collins or any other QB we could possibly throw in there will not help out our pathetic running game.

TC can't get our defense to start creating turnovers, or at least stop a 3rd down conversion once in awhile either.

Todd Collins? Oh isn't he the guy that took over after Sean was killed and Campbell went down with a knee injury two years ago? Didn't he play well enough to win four straight and get in the playoffs? Wasn't he the NFC player of the week after beating the Bears? Didn't Joe Gibbs say "I don't know that I've ever had a better performance coming off the bench. Ever."? Didn't he finish the 2007 season with a quarterback rating of 106.4 and was voted NFC player of the month for December?

Todd Collins? Oh isn't he the guy that took over after Sean was killed and Campbell went down with a knee injury two years ago? Didn't he play well enough to win four straight and get in the playoffs? Wasn't he the NFC player of the week after beating the Bears? Didn't Joe Gibbs say "I don't know that I've ever had a better performance coming off the bench. Ever."? Didn't he finish the 2007 season with a quarterback rating of 106.4 and was voted NFC player of the month for December?

LOL. Again, the Jason Campbell faithful could care less if we win or lose. As long as their hero is starting all is well.

Way to completely ignore his post. Do you think that Collins being in would suddely make CP run better or make our O line open up some sort of holes for him? Do you think that Collins being in would make our defense stop giving up multiple long drives and third down after third down? I realize that you like Collins over Campbell. Fine. But at least actually respond to what someone posted instead of just saying "well, he won in 07".

The reason we can't run is that no one respects Candle. They stack the box and the guy does nothing against the 2 worst defensive teams in the NFL.

That's not even what's been happening though.. our oline has been losing one on one battles at the LOS..

Archived