Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn. Bench Campbell.

FanSinceSonnyJ

Bottom line is we can't run the ball as opposing defenses know full well they have absolutely nothing to fear with Jason Campbell. Therefore they focus their resources on stuffing our run game and challeng the Skins to beat them passing the ball. With Campbell under center their defensive game plan is paying off big time with the end result we are 1-2 and going nowhere. Despite this fact, the Campbell lovers continue to tout their guy as the 2nd coming. It's sickening.

The worst think Snyder could do now is fire Zorn 3 games into the season. It would do nothing but throw in the towel, after only 3 games for the season...

Anyone agree?

To start with, I will say that I will not get into the Campbell/Collins debate.

I do not agree with you because as much as you believe that firing the head coach would be throwing in the towel,

I feel the same way if Zorn were to bench Campbell because the fans wanted this to happen.

I know that between both quarterbacks on our roster that we do no have a Brady or Manning. I have come to accept this.

I believe with the limited amount of time that Zorn has been a head coach that his knowledge far out weighs yours, mine and 90%

(if not more) of the posters on this board. This is not ment to be an insult directed towards anyone.

This board is a great place to have discussions about our beloved team, but I feel that there are a lot of people that believe

that they have more professional football sense than our coaching staff.

Some of you might.

I have my opinions, but I don't use this board to attack them as individuals (both players and coaches). ex. a signature by one of the

members of this board stating that Campbell is retarded.

Let the coaching staff do their job.

The loyalty to Jason on this board is baffling. He has never done anything for our team and shows no promise of leading to success. I just doesn't make any sense.

I must admit that I find it refreshing to read common sense posts such as yours. It is baffling, but I think most all of us can figure out what the single reason for the loyalty shown to Jason by his fans despite his lousy results on the field.

I support this 100%. I would give Campbell one more game and if he cannot shine against TB, its time to give Collins a chance. This season is not only about Jason, and we owe it to the rest of the team to make sure we have the best player on the roster starting at that critical position.

Bottom line is we can't run the ball as opposing defenses know full well they have absolutely nothing to fear with Jason Campbell. Therefore they focus their resources on stuffing our run game and challeng the Skins to beat them passing the ball. With Campbell under center their defensive game plan is paying off big time with the end result we are 1-2 and going nowhere. Despite this fact, the Campbell lovers continue to tout their guy as the 2nd coming. It's sickening.

So by that logic, defenses did fear Campbell last year? Seeing as how Portis was running all over the place before the OL got the injury bug. Maybe...just maybe, our running game sucks because the OL doesn't seem able to open up running lanes worth a crap and the running plays are so predictable it is almost laughable? I know this may be complete blasphemy, but is it possible that Portis has either lost a step or his minor injuries are hurting his play? Campbell had plenty of yards, a high comp %, and a high AVG, yet it is his fault that we were so bad at running the ball that we had a net ZERO yards rushing against the Lions in the entire first half?

So by that logic, defenses did fear Campbell last year? Seeing as how Portis was running all over the place before the OL got the injury bug. Maybe...just maybe, our running game sucks because the OL doesn't seem able to open up running lanes worth a crap and the running plays are so predictable it is almost laughable? I know this may be complete blasphemy, but is it possible that Portis has either lost a step or his minor injuries are hurting his play? Campbell had plenty of yards, a high comp %, and a high AVG, yet it is his fault that we were so bad at running the ball that we had a net ZERO yards rushing against the Lions in the entire first half?

We're 1-2 guy and after a quick start last season we floundered big time. Why? Because opposing defenses learned how easy it is to defend Campbell. Quite frankly he's one of those "deer in the headlights" type of QBs who easily implodes when mentally or physically rattled.

Funny how some of you JC apologists blame everyone but your guy. Funny, but nonetheless pathetic. :doh:

We're 1-2 guy and after a quick start last season we floundered big time. Why? Because opposing defenses learned how easy it is to defend Campbell. Quite frankly he's one of those "deer in the headlights" type of QBs who easily implodes when mentally or physically rattled.

Funny how some of you JC apologists blame everyone but your guy. Funny, but nonetheless pathetic. :doh:

I don't think he's an apologist, but to bench your best offensive asset right now for a guy who probably will do worse won't be the best strategy. Also, I think he's saying our passing offense is the best option right now, and our running game sucks right now. So by benching Campbell would not be the best thing right now. I think he's saying that.

I'm not a JC guy but I've heard enough former players/coaches break down tape of JC this year to believe that he simply is not the problem...

is he without problems? no, I just heard tim ryan this week on sirius (who is calling our game against the bucs and studyign tape) point out a lot of JC's weaknesses... still having problems reading certain defenses, missing open guys, and not taking advantage of the scramble more (notice how many yards JC has been getting on his feet lately? ryan says no teams spy him at all and any time the D goes to man, the field is WIDE open for JC to run, if JC took advantage of this more, they'd have to spy him and that's one less guy in coverage)...

but they have also pointed out JC is getting zero help from the rest of the team... cooley can't block on running plays to save his life, heyer and rhinehart are not pulling their weight, teams are buzzing safeties into our gaps with uncanny accuracy, and as a result our down and distances put JC up against it... for the most part, JC's grades from the guys watching the tape (not us fans screaming at poor TV angles) has been very good...

I don't think he's an apologist, but to bench your best offensive asset right now for a guy who probably will do worse won't be the best strategy. Also, I think he's saying our passing offense is the best option right now, and our running game sucks right now. So by benching Campbell would not be the best thing right now. I think he's saying that.

What??? Jason Campbell is our "best offensive asset"???!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Please get real. The guy has proven nothing. Quite frankly he is stifling moving this team forward. He's had his chance and has failed.

I must admit that I find it refreshing to read common sense posts such as yours. It is baffling, but I think most all of us can figure out what the single reason for the loyalty shown to Jason by his fans despite his lousy results on the field.

What is that single reason? Please explain . . .

What??? Jason Campbell is our "best offensive asset"???!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Please get real. The guy has proven nothing. Quite frankly he is stifling moving this team forward. He's had his chance and has failed.

So what has our running game done? Receivers dropping passes in the end zone. Let's be real, right now(hence I said right now) if we put Collins in right now, I think we'll take 2 steps backwards. Red zone efficiency is piss poor. Like I said, QB is not the problem. So where does our rushing game rank at right now, since Campbell is the problem? (Here's a hint, it's near the bottom 20).

So what has our running game done? Receivers dropping passes in the end zone. Let's be real, right now(hence I said right now) if we put Collins in right now, I think we'll take 2 steps backwards. Red zone efficiency is piss poor. Like I said, QB is not the problem. So where does our rushing game rank at right now, since Campbell is the problem? (Here's a hint, it's near the bottom 20).

Even with a decent running game, Campbell has shown us absolutely nothing since being onboard. Nothing. Why would you expect him to look any better if Portiss was gaining 100yds a game if he hasn't looked good when that has happened in the past?

You see, that is what bothers me about you Jason lovers. You come up with all sorts of excuses on why the guy has showed us virtually nil in the 3 years he has been under center. Too many offenses to learn, bad coaching, no blocking, no running game, no WR's, slippery football, bad routs, blah, blah, blah. The fact remains he simply is a big reason for our woes. He still throws into double coverage, still has a hard time holding on to the ball, still takes too long to read the field, still makes poor decisions, still makes errant passes. Should we give poor Jason another three years before you guys will admit he is a dud???

Heck we looked the best when Collins came in to relieve him 2 years ago.

Even with a decent running game, Campbell has shown us absolutely nothing since being onboard. Nothing. Why would you expect him to look any better if Portiss was gaining 100yds a game if he hasn't looked good when that has happened in the past?

You see, that is what bothers me about you Jason lovers. You come up with all sorts of excuses on why the guy has showed us virtually nil in the 3 years he has been under center. Too many offenses to learn, bad coaching, no blocking, no running game, no WR's, slippery football, bad routs, blah, blah, blah. The fact remains he simply is a big reason for our woes. He still throws into double coverage, still has a hard time holding on to the ball, still takes too long to read the field, still makes poor decisions, still makes errant passes. Should we give poor Jason another three years before you guys will admit he is a dud???

He did look pretty good when we actually had a running game...the first 8 games of last year. You keep putting everyone in this "Jason lovers" group every time someone disagrees with you. Not many people here are saying JC is great, he is medoicre at best. The problem is THE WHOLE TEAM. Putting a mid-late 30's, journeyman backup is not really going to change much, if anything. The reason for our woes is the fact that the entire team is not very good right now from the OL to the WR's to the D and especially the playcalling. We need a QB to WIN games for us if we are going to make it to the playoffs this year and we don't have anyone on the roster like that and definately not Collins either. We were much better as a team when he was playing, with good line protection, better playcalling and he was in an offense he had played in for 10 years. JC got one year left, let the kid play and when the coaches and FO have finished their evaluation then they will most likely let him (and probably Zorn) go and we'll start this over again. Then you can whine about something else and talk about how you "know" because you "played the game"....25+ years ago

Again, you are missing the point. Who is making an excuse? I support whoever is the starting QB of the Redskins. I'm not taking part of the crew who is talking this rhetoric of bench this guy, start this guy. If there is a change that needs to be made, then the proper change will be made.

And again, QB is not the issue at this time. There are far more things wrong with the TEAM, and you want to blame one player. You have to take a look at the bigger picture.

I say you are 100% wrong and history proves me right. Yours is an opinion as is mine, you don't have to like it.

Everyone keeps talking like the real problem is on the field, QB or whatever. This has been the same talk for the last ten years. In that time I only see two constants within the organization. I think it's about time that we, as fans, call attention to the real problem.

I say you are 100% wrong and history proves me right. Yours is an opinion as is mine, you don't have to like it.

:no: sometimes you can't blame just only the QB. Sometimes the blame has to come on the whole team. So I am not 100% wrong. This is a team game the last time I checked.

If our offense continues to look poor against tampa, then I'm all for benching campbell... at least temporarily. If the offense performs about the same under Collins, then I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Campbell's not the real problem.

To me, if Collins suffers redzone issues as well, then the blame falls more on Zorn or our line/running game.

If our offense continues to look poor against tampa, then I'm all for benching campbell... at least temporarily. If the offense performs about the same under Collins, then I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Campbell's not the real problem.

To me, if Collins suffers redzone issues as well, then the blame falls more on Zorn or our line/running game.

I would just love to find out either way.

Archived