Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you hate the Jets?

I couldn't care less about the Jets. It reminds me of the situation with the Baltimore Ravens. Most Raven fans seem to hate the Redskins, but most Redskin fans couldn't care less about the Ravens. They're just another AFC team. That's pretty much how I feel about the Jets...they hate us, but they mean nothing to us.

I'm going to hate them until September 5th. Then, (unless the unlikely happens and they win) they'll go back to being my second favorite AFC team. ....Behind the Colts....

Their fans suck though

So, until after the game:

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

My nephew is a Jet's fan, so a couple of times I watched games with him and rooted for them. while we watched. Personally, as an AFC team, if they were playing a game on TV, I usually rooted for them anyways. I am a huge fan of them, but as far as AFC teams, they were one that I could root for. And, these days, like others in this thread, I think Edwards is a cool guy, and a good HC.

So, no, I do no hate them, but I hope we beat them silly!

i've liked the jets since they had al toon at wr (dude was from my hometown of newport news va). anywho i also liked them more when they started to win with parcells. i've always seen them as a tough team that seems to outplay people even when they aren't as talented. actually for that same reason is why i like the titans and ravens too.

I like the Jets just fine. Unfortunately, I spent a few weeks in the spring monitoring some of their message boards and discovered how deluded and spiteful some of their fans are. I can countenance just about anything but can't tolerate undeserved criticism of the Redskins and there was a lot of that going on at the time.

Never really felt any degree of distaste for the Jets until I came across their board this spring and summer. Their anger, and rage may be understandable, but it should be directed against their bonebrained GM instead of Redskin fans and the Redskins. Their GM screwed the pooch. It's as simple as that. No more no less. If they could come to terms with that they'd be aces.

Anyway, I'm fine with the Jets, the Monk Connection is there, the historic moment of January of 1969 is a classic, even if some feel that the Colts may have thrown the game (including at least one Colts starter), and anything New York that isn't the Giants or the Yankees or the Rangers has to be pretty good.

I suppose I just always sort of liked them, among the teams I'm not loyal too. Also kind of liked the Bills and Pats growing up because I liked Stanely Morgan and Steve Grogan, and I liked Joe Cribbs and Joe Ferguson. And I always kind of liked Jets players from that era. The only team in the AFC East I ever disliked was really the Dolphins for obvious reason.

I have to say i don't hate the Jets, but i Def. Dislike them since we took all there players they seem to not like us. So anyone who dislikes the Skins I have to dislike.

Reasons Not like the Jets..

1. They are the sucker then Giants, plus Giants are the only real football team in New York.

2. There Cheeleader is a gay Fireman.

3. There Chant just spells there name

4. They should be the New Jersey Jets

5. Keyshawn's book came when he was a JET

6. Joe Namoth is the most over hyped QB

7. They are in the AFC

8. The Name "Jets" sounds like a Arena Football team.

I smell a AFC NFC Rivalry Brewing.

If I had to pick a NY team, I've always liked the Jets more than the Giants. After the latest influx of trolls, I am reconsidering that position.....

However, I do have alot of respect for Herm Edwards and the coaching job he has done after coming in under the cloud of the Billicheck/Parcells thing, and the Al Groh experiment. Too bad he has such a lameass front office giving him players... ;)

The jets haven't done anything for anyone here to hate. And the way we bent them over the bed railing this off-season, I'd say there is nothing but love for the way we feel about the Jets

:tongue:

And we can finish drilling them on opening nite!!!

Redskins 34 Jets 13

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually have always liked the Jets. Exposure to their fans will alter that, but not enough to make me dislike the team. I feel more sorry for the Jets than anything else. They way they were handled this offseason and completely outclassed by our organization was remarkable. I hope I never have to live through a similar assault at the hands of a better organization in the future.

I made it a habit not to pull for any team from NY. I kinda got a softer spot for the Jets when Pennington started to play (I don't want to begin the debate between Ramsey and Pennington again) because I am a Marshall fan. I'm glad we got the players we did from them. I will continue to pull for Pennington, just not when he plays against us. I like Ramsey and think he will be fine, but I will always wonder what might have been if Chad had been paired with the Ballcoach.

Archived