Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Mitchell ready to make his mark

themurf

For those who've forgotten who has the best hands of our young receivers:

I love this kid. Can't wait to see what he can truly do if given the chance. What's Zorn waiting for anyway??? Everybody saw who our best WR was in the preseason. Doesn't that warrant a shot in the regular season, especially when we've been struggling in the Red Zone???

FREE MARKO MITCHELL!!!

Too easy. Any other requests?

Albert.

I love Randle El, but he has no buisness being on the field in goalline. please play Kelly and Mitchell this week

Or keep Moss out, Randle-El can throw too. Either way those two should split time, Kelly and Mitchell should be the main guys. They have momentum, best to keep it going while everyone else is still getting back into the swing.

Welp, we were ~29 in points scored in the red zone last year, so we haven't improved any. Which I THINK is what we're supposed to do each year. Aside from the wretched play calling, we also take our best players off the field too often. WHY do we have CP go in, run once, and then he trots off the field for the next two plays?!! :doh:

WHY do we take ALL of our tall dudes out and have the halfback throw to the fullback?! :doh: I'm all for the occasional trick play. And had that "trick play" worked, we'd all be talking about "We're so Zorny."

But when we get into the red zone FOUR TIMES (the fifth doesn't count 'cause that was with less than two minutes to play, and we were ahead) and come up with GOOSE EGGS, we's gotsta try SOMETHING DIFFERENT! The definition of an IDIOT is someone who keeps trying the same thing, expecting different results. I'm not just yet going to call anyone an idiot, but I think we are REAL CLOSE to a final diagnosis! And it's NOT looking good!

Put Marko AND Alridge in and let's at least see what happens! We've got nothing to lose .. except for more games (against GOOD teams who we can't beat with field goals!)

I WANT TO SEE THE SKIN PLAY WITH COURAGE!

Are we really Braves on the Warpath? And, we certainly don't fight for all we see!

It's "tall" and "rookie" time ... The Skins NEED to leverage:

- Devin Thomas

- Malcomb Kelly

- Fred Davis

- Marko Mitchell

- Anthony Alridge ...

Speed kills. And, these guys have plenty of it.

WOW, we're 29th?

I feel sorry for 30-32 then.

They really should replace Randel El or Moss with Mitchell much more often, especially in the red zone but it would be a good idea to get him some action before trying the fade in the end zone. If the Rams can do it with Robinson I don't know why Mitchell can't unless it's just because Campbell hasn't practiced it enough, but thats not an excuse is it?

I would like to see him and Kelly start one day. Put 'Tana and El in the slots. I hope Marko is free this weekend.

I'm not even calling for him to start (though, I too hope that will be the case someday--hey maybe we have another Marques Colston), I just want to see him included in passing sets and Red-Zone packages. Move Moss to the slot which should allow him to get off the line easier and have Marko and Kelly on the outside. This guy has talent, body control and hands. Let him try to score for this team!

Giving a rookie WR a shot on the field is not like giving a rookie QB or defensive back a shot...the lack of experience at the WR position is far more manageable than at those other positions positions. There is just too much upside to trying Marko out in certain groupings to ignore.

this guy is going to be a stud...get him on the field and let him play! In the preseason alone he has done more then Thomas, Kelly, and Davis have done in two years.

He played last week against the Rams...they just need to dial him up. He lined up opposited Kelly on a few downs in that game.

I want to see that same route he ran against the Patriots when Colt threw him like a 28 yard TD caught in the front left corner of the EZ. Sick.

He played last week against the Rams...they just need to dial him up. He lined up opposited Kelly on a few downs in that game.

He played two downs against St. Louis. And just one down the week before in New York. My question is - why have Mitchell active if you're not going to use him?

As everyone here knows, just adding a quality player here or there, will not make much difference with our Skins. There is something NOT RIGHT with this team. They have stars on defense but have been much less than dominant. Is it the scheme? Our offense is not sharp, QB decision-making is slow and questionable, execution often poor. I have NO DOUBT if our receivers were playing somewhere else, in a different system, different playcalling, different QB they would immediately become more productive. We all know that. Plug Marko Mitchel into the Dallas offense, or New England offense, and he suddenly gets the ball thrown his way and makes big catches. Right?

When Zorn pulls out the Gibbs 1WR in obvious passing downs, we need that wideout to be a redzone threat. For three years, it was Thrash. Now, its Moss. They are decoys - just look at their colective TD production inside the 10 over the past 4 years.

If we continue to use the Gibbs 1WR package, we MUST have a tall WR on the field. Jason pulled off some miracle passes to Cooley but defenses know he is the only threat. A Marko wide will give you that 1 on 1 coverage and then we can throw the fade.

Marko > Kelly on the endzone fade. He just looks more polished at it.

Archived