Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC is starting to hate the fans

Waleo32

Still waiting on those sources BLC - since I'm not confident you know what a "source" is I'll provide you with a few examples:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/01/AR2009040104315.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/04/22/DI2009042202698.html

If Redskins really struggled with the coaching search because nobody wanted Campbell as the QB there should be some sources - and not just some middle of the day 980 talk show speculation either.

There should be no topic because there is no quote.

Obviously he is probably frustrated with people like SoCal and BLC - but they are no better than trolls and don't deserve the attention of anyone in the Redskins organization.

I hold a higher opinion of Snyder and Cerrato than I do BLC and SoCal - and that's saying something.

Your not alone...

And this thread is brilliant. Once again something totally made up, is turned into a thread about how much Jason Campbell sucks. Of course by the same 5 people.

Give it a rest!

-Will you explain to me your explanation then, of why a coach brought to this team to run a WCO... and uses multiple receiver sets to get down the field, decides to go to his running game when the field shortens up... Zorn wants to run multiple receivers set, not power-run... the fact that he hardly lets Campbell throw isn't a sign of bad play-calling, its a sign of a lack of faith.

because JC is so careless in the redzone?

have you checked any of the headlines today? its zorn under the gun for his play calling, not campbell

Did I say that?

Did you even read the post I was replying too. WOW :doh:

I did now :doh:

Somone posted about JC reading these posts, GOOD! You make #$%$ load of money to play a game, I hope your feelings are not hurt. The bottom line is he is the leader on the field, most of the time he looks like he is sleep walking most of the game with his emotions. When was the last time he got in to a WR face for missing a block or assignment? He is on borrowed time at this point and if we go 7-9 or 8-8 both Zorn and JC are gone.

**** it, regardless of the PLAY that is CALLED by the coaching staff which everyone seems to think is the problem... They are not on the field. The QB still has to ability to go to 2nd 3rd 4th options and pass the football INTO the end zone. Something JC doesn't seem to be able to do at this point of the season.

Stop the excuses.

HUH??

when campbell isn't allowed to audible out of runs and half back options on 3rd and goal there isn't much he can do about it.

-Will you explain to me your explanation then, of why a coach brought to this team to run a WCO... and uses multiple receiver sets to get down the field, decides to go to his running game when the field shortens up... Zorn wants to run multiple receivers set, not power-run... the fact that he hardly lets Campbell throw isn't a sign of bad play-calling, its a sign of a lack of faith.

Zorn was a QB coach for years. He should be able to tell talent.

Has Zorn ever called a NFL play before being hired here? His plays called in the redzone could be due to a host of reasons. None of which could have anything to do with Campbell.

Since he tends to run do you think it could be the oline or the recievers? We don't know. But we do know Campbell has done nothing under Zorn in the redzone to warrant Zorn taking the ball out of his hands. He let Campbell call his own plays at times last Sunday!!!!

That tells me he has a certain level of trust with Campbell. The issue is something else. And what does it matter. We all know he must let Campbell throw the ball in the RZ.

Your only goal is self serving. To say Zorn is only playing Campbell cause he has to or some crap. Get off of it.

HUH??

when campbell isn't allowed to audible out of runs and half back options on 3rd and goal there isn't much he can do about it.

Why isnt he allowed to audible? Is it because the coaches know he doesnt have what it takes to ready defences and react or is it because Zorn is an arrogant coach? Maybe a little of both?

because JC is so careless in the redzone?

have you checked any of the headlines today? its zorn under the gun for his play calling, not campbell

-Where did I say JC is careless in the RZ? I didn't

-I don't care what the headlines say, I know enough about football to formulate my opinion... I don't have to read what someone else saw

-I'm also not saying the play-calling wasn't bad in this particular situations, but it was great while we moved the ball down the field as we pleased

-For some reason Zorn, a coach who wants to run multiple receiver sets (unless you think he's lying about that) chooses to run jumbo packages when he gets to the goal line... Do you honestly think its just that he's a bad a play-caller? So he chooses to go against what he wants to do? That just isn't very logical to me...

I did now :doh:

Somone posted about JC reading these posts, GOOD! You make #$%$ load of money to play a game, I hope your feelings are not hurt. The bottom line is he is the leader on the field, most of the time he looks like he is sleep walking most of the game with his emotions. When was the last time he got in to a WR face for missing a block or assignment? He is on borrowed time at this point and if we go 7-9 or 8-8 both Zorn and JC are gone.

Not the person who asked the question. Mad MIke. Got it

5 years. FIVE ******* YEARS!

Can anyone name one big win where Jason took the bull by the horns and won a tough game? One big come from behind victory? ONE SIGNATURE GAME?

How bad is it when people say he had a great game while throwing ZERO TDs against a weak defense?

Is that the new standard we are supposed to get exited about? :doh:

New Orleans last year? He played better than Brees. Or did I do it wrong?

1 2 3 4 T

NOR (1-1) 0 10 14 0 24

WAS (1-1) 3 6 6 14 29

Final

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

D. Brees 22/33 216 6.5 1 2

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

J. Campbell 24/36 321 8.9 1 0

Someone finally got it right in one neat little package. Good job.

Even more than he currently misses Moss and Kelly? ;)

Well said! What's with all this man crush on Jason?

The guy hasn't delivered, and folks have a right to call him out on it.

The Skins gave alot (what 3 draft choices - 2 first rounders (could be wrong on this)) for him. And, other than pout, and make poor decisions on the field the guy has yet to show he is a franchise QB.

The Skin fans have put up with mediocre teams for too long. We need winners ... and, he isn't one, not yet!

Why isnt he allowed to audible? Is it because the coaches know he doesnt have what it takes to ready defences and react or is it because Zorn is an arrogant coach? Maybe a little of both?

Yet they let him run the no huddle and call his own plays between the 20's.

There goes that theory. Try a new one

New Orleans last year? He played better than Brees. Or did I do it wrong?

1 2 3 4 T

NOR (1-1) 0 10 14 0 24

WAS (1-1) 3 6 6 14 29

Final

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

D. Brees 22/33 216 6.5 1 2

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

J. Campbell 24/36 321 8.9 1 0

Not bad. But...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008091407/2008/REG2/saints@redskins/recap

... The Saints started the game without three key members of their secondary and then lost Aaron Glenn to a leg injury in the fourth quarter. ...

He won't miss the fans at all. If he finishes this season off successfully (which I believe he will), he won't come back in my opinion unless he gets franchised. Main part due to the treatment he's received over here.

And, most fans won't miss him either. Good riddance ... :doh:

Still waiting on those sources BLC - since I'm not confident you know what a "source" is I'll provide you with a few examples:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/01/AR2009040104315.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/04/22/DI2009042202698.html

If Redskins really struggled with the coaching search because nobody wanted Campbell as the QB there should be some sources - and not just some middle of the day 980 talk show speculation either.

here is gibbs talking about the open QB competiton:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/07/AR2008010703548.html

"He did, however, speak at length about the future of the franchise and his desire to begin re-signing the club's free agents as soon as possible. Gibbs also left open the idea of a quarterback competition between Jason Campbell and Todd Collins -- comments that sent shock waves among many veterans who believe that decision could stunt Campbell's development -- and said that he definitely wants Collins, a potential free agent, back. "

i can't believe people actually defend Jim Zorn's play calling and offensive strategy

Because its easier to replace a coach than finding another QB to be groomed and be the face of the franchise? Maybe? Some of the blame has to go to Zorn, but the buck stops with JC! He is a good back up, that is about it.

HUH??

First, you would have to be sure he knows the down and distance. Not a given with Campbell.

Then, you would have to assume that he would not be gutless and actually want the ball in his hands. Something he has never displayed before. He checked out of a pass to a run against the Giants 2 weeks ago. In 2007, on the goalline play gives game him permission to change the play on the goalline and he refused to do it to put the ball in his own hands.

When your QB plays like a scared shell of an NFL player, you get the play calling that we have been getting. It was no different under Saunders. 9 points against one of the worst teams in football and people are singing his praises from rooftops.

Zorn was a QB coach for years. He should be able to tell talent.

Has Zorn ever called a NFL play before being hired here? His plays called in the redzone could be due to a host of reasons. None of which could have anything to do with Campbell.

Since he tends to run do you think it could be the oline or the recievers? We don't know. But we do know Campbell has done nothing under Zorn in the redzone to warrant Zorn taking the ball out of his hands. He let Campbell call his own plays at times last Sunday!!!!

That tells me he has a certain level of trust with Campbell. The issue is something else. And what does it matter. We all know he must let Campbell throw the ball in the RZ.

Your only goal is self serving. To say Zorn is only playing Campbell cause he has to or some crap. Get off of it.

-So we don't throw the ball in the RZ because of our o-line and receivers?

-The same o-line thats been great in pass protection all season, can't get it done in in the RZ now... OK

-If Mitchell can run a fade route like he can and kelly has the hands he does, its hard for me to believe its the receivers, especially when you can have cooley out there too

-We'll wait and see how Campbell does in the RZ, but this belief that the only reason we aren't calling passes in the RZ is because Zorn is a bad play caller is stupid... Why would a coach who wants to run a WCO switch to jumbo packages in the RZ for no reason? Especially after it has been so largely ineffective, and don't fool yourself into thinking we as fans can see how ineffective it is and Zorn with his staff who have spent how many countless years playing/coaching can't, thats extremely egotistical.

The Skins gave alot (what 3 draft choices - 2 first rounders (could be wrong on this)) for him.

When they did this, I was expecting amazing things out of this guy. Yet, here we are in this 5th season discussing how great Zorn is doing with his crouch behind center and his footwork.

He doesn't look average check the talk around the NFL. It's more of the play calling not JC. Stats don't seem average at best. Men lie women lie stats don't. Might want to compare him with Cutler just to see how he stacks up. Or ask Sellers and Thomas to catch the ball. If they don't drop the balls we are talking about a rating that's off of the charts. But hey you just going to hate anyway right. So keep doing it. JC has to be doing something right for you all to hate this much. I commend him.

Part of the play calling has to do with the confidence in Jason. And, isn't he responsible for the execution?

JC has made more mistakes than he can recover from. He is at best an average QB. And, will be carrying the clipboard next year -- here or somewhere else.

here is gibbs talking about the open QB competiton:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/07/AR2008010703548.html

"He did, however, speak at length about the future of the franchise and his desire to begin re-signing the club's free agents as soon as possible. Gibbs also left open the idea of a quarterback competition between Jason Campbell and Todd Collins -- comments that sent shock waves among many veterans who believe that decision could stunt Campbell's development -- and said that he definitely wants Collins, a potential free agent, back. "

Not what I asked BLC - but nice way to avoid the question.

QB competition would have been fine with most on this board - including myself. I'm quite confident Campbell would have won the job and the performance in the past 2 preseasons pretty much provides evidence of that.

I want sources that the Redskins couldn't find a coach because of Campbell - that's the question I asked.

Archived