T. Romo sits to pee

How does JC stack up in your opinion?

1. Tom Brady

2. JC

3. Romo sits to pee

4. Roethlisberger

5. Rodgers

Nice thread.

I'll just add that in order to be balanced we'd have to also take into account what defense they were playing against along with the two TD catches Jason threw that were blatantly dropped by Devin Thomas and Mike Sellers respectively. The former works against Jason the latter works for.

C/ATT YDS... AVG... TD... INT... RATING

23/47 216... 4.6... 0...... 1... 53.1

23/35 242... 6.9... 0...... 0... 85.7

13/29 127... 4.4... 1......3... 29.6

23/35 221... 6.3... 1...... 1... 80.8

21/39 261... 6.7... 1...... 0... 83.4

Here are the choices:

J. Campbell

T. Brady

B. Roethlisberger

A. Rogers

T. Romo sits to pee

How does JC stack up in your opinion?

Whoo cares i would trade Campbell, portis and moss for any of them. they are proven winners Campbell is below .500 QB that has never seen the playoffs

Interesting statistical execercise. Here are some other team-oriented measures showing how Campbell stacks up:

1. All the other QBs' teams lost -- so I'd assume Campbell would look better.

2. The other QBs' teams offense put up more points (except the Pats who scored 9 points on the road vs. Ryan's defense)

Look, Campbell had a decent game yesterday -- at home, against a so-so defense. There were redzone hiccups, fumbles, dropped passes, etc. But overall, the offense moved better than in recent games. So let's take this in stride, not overblowing how well we did between the 20's -- nor dismissing the importance of correcting our redzone performance.

This doesn't mean anything.

Fantasy football has made people think that stats equal some find of superiority.

Campbell looked awful yesterday. Maybe you had to be at the game to see it, but 242 total yards in a dink and dunk vs the Rams was horrendous.

Kolb threw for 391 yards. Does that mean he had a great day? Not according to the commentary.

This stat matchup is an exercise in futility.

I can't fathom why some people are putting any blame on JC's performance yesterday. I thought he played well and was extremely impressed with his pocket presence and that was one of the things that previously irked me.

Now, onto those QB comparisons. It's ludicrous because those QB's mentioned have had a ton of success (-Romo sits to pee) and are sporting rings.

You want fair comparisons? Start comparing Flacco, Ryan and Campbell. Second year in the same offense for all three.

After watching the replay of the game on my DVR (just the offense) -- Jason doesn't deserve the majority of the blame by any means. He actually had a pretty good game and did have two potential TD passes dropped. That said -- his accuracy when it really seems to count on some plays is still a bit suspect. Case in point -- First play of the game. The Rams had 8 in the box, only one safety back, Rams corners have press man coverage on Kelly and Moss. Ball is snapped, the lone safety back immediately cheats toward Moss's side, Jason has Kelly one on one to the right. He makes the right read, Kelly has a step on his man -- but JC under throws him,...incomplete. If JC hits Kelly in stride on that first play it's a TD and the tone for the rest of the day is set. Instead,...well,...you know.

My point is -- you only get a few opportunities a game to make plays like that. You HAVE TO CONVERT THOSE. Thomas and Sellers, HAVE TO MAKE THOSE CATCHES!!!!

There's enough blame to spread around, Zorn's play calling, receivers not stepping up making plays, JC's lack of consistent accuracy, penalties, fumbles at the wrong time, etc.

I can't fathom why some people are putting any blame on JC's performance yesterday. I thought he played well and was extremely impressed with his pocket presence and that was one of the things that previously irked me.

Now, onto those QB comparisons. It's ludicrous because those QB's mentioned have had a ton of success (-Romo sits to pee) and are sporting rings.

You want fair comparisons? Start comparing Flacco, Ryan and Campbell. Second year in the same offense for all three.

Look even I will admit Jason played OK but this was against the RAMS think about that for a minute. Playing ok against that team is not good enough.

Now Zorn should be to blame as well but the question is how does the team change this? Fire Zorn now? That takes a huge step back even if you eventually go forward. How about just trying Todd at QB? Easy to do and if it fails you just change back. Let him start against Detroit, it's Detroit right, 0 for Detroit.

It's amazing. Campbell played a good game where the ball was taken out of his hands by our offensive coordinator and people are still saying the guys sucks. I almost hope he gets to get out of here and get a fresh start somewhere. The guy can't win with most of the fans here.

People are ripping him like his name was JaMarcus Russell.

It's amazing. Campbell played a good game where the ball was taken out of his hands by our offensive coordinator and people are still saying the guys sucks. I almost hope he gets to get out of here and get a fresh start somewhere. The guy can't win with most of the fans here.

If the Raiders can win with Jamarcus maybe they will trade for Jason.

I can't fathom why some people are putting any blame on JC's performance yesterday.

I tend to agree with this but at the same time, I wonder if we just don't know what good QBing is anymore?

Seriously, what plays is Campbell leaving on the field (deep passes or messed up timing on a guy that was open 1.5 seconds ago or where the ball wasn't thrown on the break) that we CANT see?

Campbell is almost worse than having a truly awful QB like Leaf because he minimizes his mistakes enough and shows JUST enough to not be pulled right out of the gate. In a sense, he's like Brunell---who actually had defenders in 2006 up to the point he got benched. I'd note many of those defenders are the same people defending Campbell now---I think more out of fealty to the QB position than to any sense of the truth.

I tend to agree with this but at the same time, I wonder if we just don't know what good QBing is anymore?

Seriously, what plays is Campbell leaving on the field (deep passes or messed up timing on a guy that was open 1.5 seconds ago or where the ball wasn't thrown on the break) that we CANT see?

Campbell is almost worse than having a truly awful QB like Leaf because he minimizes his mistakes enough and shows JUST enough to not be pulled right out of the gate. In a sense, he's like Brunell---who actually had defenders in 2006 up to the point he got benched. I'd note many of those defenders are the same people defending Campbell now---I think more out of fealty to the QB position than to any sense of the truth.

For what it's worth I was calling for Jason to start then.

For what it's worth I was calling for Jason to start then.

So was I, but I noticed some of the same names who seem to manage a most paradoxical feat:

1) Being homers who defend everything about the team EXCEPT

2) to excuse the QB, in which case they'll toss (not by name, usually) every other position into the line of fire

Now, that's not all of them, just a few. Others are more QB-specific than that or have some credibility because they at least seemed to demonstrate even-handedness before.

why was the ball taken out of his hands? do you see the problem with the logic?

Whoo cares i would trade Campbell, portis and moss for any of them. they are proven winners Campbell is below .500 QB that has never seen the playoffs

Their TEAMS are proven winners, take them away from their team, and they will look like anyone else.

Archived