Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Give Zorn a chance.....

GO GO SKINS

Fellow Fans, it is only the man's second year. Additionally, his first ever head coaching stint. Ask yourself, do I see significant improvement from last week (not improvements in score; that will come at the end of the other improvements). Yes, the offense moved the ball well, everyone was involved, i.e. Kelly, Davis, Mason, Thomas (that is what everyone wanted to see). The defense improved as well, producing turnovers, physical hitting, sacks. I know we all want to win, but it will take time, give Zorn a chance week to week. If they score in the red zone next week then fans will say why can't we run a TD on special teams or why can't our defense run 99 yds for a TD. Have patience!!!

Fellow Fans, it is only the man's second year. Additionally, his first ever head coaching stint. Ask yourself, do I see significant improvement from last week (not improvements in score; that will come at the end of the other improvements). Yes, the offense moved the ball well, everyone was involved, i.e. Kelly, Davis, Mason, Thomas (that is what everyone wanted to see). The defense improved as well, producing turnovers, physical hitting, sacks. I know we all want to win, but it will take time, give Zorn a chance week to week. If they score in the red zone next week then fans will say why can't we run a TD on special teams or why can't our defense run 99 yds for a TD. Have patience!!!

let me tell u this, he called plays better last yr then he has this yr so that tells ya something. hes garbage

they put up more yards and moved the ball at times, Portis played better too. Otherwise they scored less points than the week before, that week they played arguably one of the best teams in the NFL on the road, this week the Skins arguably played one of the worst teams in the league at home. I think its tough to argue that 9 points against the Rams is progress.

Though, I agree that skin fans have to calm down a bit, most of the rants this week towards zorn and the offense are true. there is a HUGE problem on offense and the redskins can't expect to win against good teams with the way they played today.

Overall the team looks the same or worse when compared to last year at the same time. So I pretty much disagree with you on every point.

Zorn was never the right guy for the job, and after the team goes 8-8 Zorn will be gone.

The same? At this point last season we started the streak of the only 4 good games under Jim Zorn.

Sorry, we are getting worse, not better. His job is to make the guys better, not just run the WCO. I hate system coaches, and he needs to realize that with the way this team has been put together, they are not a WCO team. Look at the guys in practice, figure out what they do best and do it. The insane notion that guys without certain skills are suddenly going to develop them is what is holding us back. We are not a WCO team and are not going to be. We need a coach, not a system teacher.

I'm right w/ya man! its been a season and 1/2. The only difference is teams are loading up on Cooley and Moss. Thats why we Zorn is trying to get all the WR's involved but it takes time but he needs to run a little less more then he does. During todays game, our last really good drive we alternated from run to pass, run to pass then pass to run, it was working for us. I have seen improvement in the offense and the defense came along towards the end which doesnt please me I dunno wats w/Blache but Zorn knows what he is doing but just needs to make better decisions and JC just needs to keep totally focused! HTTR!

Overall the team looks the same or worse when compared to last year at the same time. So I pretty much disagree with you on every point.

Zorn was never the right guy for the job, and after the team goes 8-8 Zorn will be gone.

pretty much, these guys are just avoiding fines by coming out... they have no pride or motivation...

he sucks, we suck... next coach please!

So, the team looked better at home against the Rams than it did on the road against the Giants? Everyone in the football-watching world had a good idea this would happen months ago. But I'm not going to use it as some sort of barometer for improvement.

Besides, the fact that this is Zorn's first head coaching stint is a decision made by the organization, thus should not be held up as a valid excuse.

pretty much, these guys are just avoiding fines by coming out... they have no pride or motivation...

he sucks, we suck... next coach please!

If you heard from the post game show on the radio, interviews fro mthe locker room, players are taking the win but know they played horribly and aren't very happy..

Honestly at this rate 8-8 would be a surprise for me. The Skins are 3-7 in their last ten regular season games. I have not seen any improvement in the playcalling whatsoever. Matter of fact, I have seen regression. It sickens me to see how much talent we have on offense and then see the plays that are called in the red zone. Yet another epic mistake by this front office in hiring Zorn.

This team is turning more into a joke every week. You just wait until next week. We could very well lose to the Lions. This team is garbage and I'm sick of it. The play calling get worst week by week. Everyone wants to say JC is a bad QB, but he has a horrible coach coaching him. So I would not be surprised to see him leave after this year and have a good career some where else. Man i hate this team right now. :mad:

If he showed me something I would, the man has been calling the same type of crap as well as the same type of game plans since Week 1 of last season.

Yep I can call out his plays from my home. I can only imagine what the coaches see. It's like Water Boy when the coach has the book coaching with dummies. That's what the coach on the other side has, because that is what Zorn is using to call plays.

This team is turning more into a joke every week. You just wait until next week. We could very well lose to the Lions. This team is garbage and I'm sick of it. The play calling get worst week by week. Everyone wants to say JC is a bad QB, but he has a horrible coach coaching him. So I would not be surprised to see him leave after this year and have a good career some where else. Man i hate this team right now. :mad:

if this team loses to the Lions the season is over cause no team that loses to a team thats now 0-18 can ever make the playoffs.

I thought Zorn was calling a very good gameplan, between the 20s.

True, the redzone is still a problem. But at least the offense is getting into the redzone. I think as the team gets better accustomed to the entire WCO packet -- we'll have more versatility in our redzone packets and redzone trickery.

I thought I saw glimmerings of what could be a well-designed WCO, tailored to the Campbell's strengths and our O-line limitations. I even saw a little bit of rhythm/fast-paced tempo that could help keep a defense on its heels. Campbell looked better today than he did against the Giants. He looked better today than he did against a lot of teams in the second half of 2008.

I saw a coach willing to gamble, and exhibiting confidence in some of his players. He definitely has confidence in his defense. He was actively in the game, and making sure timeouts were called judiciously.

A few less drops and fumbles -- and this could have been a blowout. I wish had been a blowout -- I'm getting weary of the negativity that follows ... a win?

Archived